Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Allensworth

This ought to scare the bejesus out you!

Oh my gosh! Bejesus has departed my person while uttering a ghastly scream! Thank you for the news link Tom. This is definitely a problem that needs solved ASAP, . . . surely an accident waiting to happen under the current conditions.Best regards,Mel

It looks as if Don Brown's predictions (regarding the effects of the loss of 'institutional memory') in this article - just one of an excellent series "Say Again" he produced for AVWeb over 6 years or so - are now, rather sadly, starting to come true.http://www.avweb.com/news/sayagain/193881-1.htmlIncidentally, Don's whole series of articles gives a superb insight into ATC in the USA. His articles have a heavy technical punch but are also readable and entertaining to a general public. I've read them all and really can't recommend them too much.Brian Wilks

I've read them all and really can't recommend them too much.
Your last sentence brings this classic SNL bit to mind:

It looks as if Don Brown's predictions (regarding the effects of the loss of 'institutional memory') in this article - just one of an excellent series "Say Again" he produced for AVWeb over 6 years or so - are now, rather sadly, starting to come true.http://www.avweb.com/news/sayagain/193881-1.htmlIncidentally, Don's whole series of articles gives a superb insight into ATC in the USA. His articles have a heavy technical punch but are also readable and entertaining to a general public. I've read them all and really can't recommend them too much.Brian Wilks
Don Brown's articles should be required reading for anyone who talks to ATC in the US.

Well if they'd stop throwing students fresh from the Academy right into the busiest of facilities this wouldn't be happening...