Sign in to follow this  
hodge001

MD-11 Repaints

Hi hodge001 !Could you change your Thomas Cook repaint to a Condor (Thomas Cook)?

Hi there Mr. Hodkinson.Would it be possible to get hold of your photoshop files for some of your repaints. I use FS9 and would love a Thomas Cook/Condor and Tuifly/Arkefly and Austrian paint for the MD11, but as I cant find them anywhere I guess I need to make them myself. However, If I could cheat a little and get some material from you it would be greatly appreciated Batting%20Eyelashes.gif Best RegardsBjarne Sorensen / Denmark

Hello Mr HodkinsonI think you deserve a parade and 2 rounds of applause for your awesome paints, its really adding a new dimension of realism to the sim and the MD11. I literally didnt know which one to download first!I would really love the MD11 in Air Caraibes colors. Any chance you can put the colors together for this awesome bird?Thanks again!Gideon Belle

Hi GideonApologies for the delayed reply, I have not had much of a chance to fire up my PC lately, but here I am now, so the repaint request, I have to say that I like this colour scheme myself so it will be a keeper for me at least, and as I did managed to get some repainting time in I have had a go at the Air Caraibes repaint, so if you would like to take her for a spin to see if she is close to what you wanted, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17383712/MD_11_Caraibes_01.zipAs always, if you find that you want any changes or updates to the colour scheme then just let me know and I will try my best to assist, and we have no need to be formal here on the forum (at least as far as I am concerned) , so Jim will do fine, as even at my age I still look around for my Dad when ever I hear Mr Hodkinson, and thank you for the kind comments, they really are appreciated.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson@ BjarneIt should not be a problem, and Jim will do fine, so let em see what I can get together for you, by that I mean let my tidy up the originals so that you don’t see all my mistakes.Take care, and back as soon as I can.Jim Hodkinson@ loeb1I don’t have a problem with updating the files for you, but I would have been nice if you had signed your post, and not only because of the forum rules, but it would be nice to know to whom I am conversing.

Edited by hodge001

Hi GideonApologies for the delayed reply, I have not had much of a chance to fire up my PC lately, but here I am now, so the repaint request, I have to say that I like this colour scheme myself so it will be a keeper for me at least, and as I did managed to get some repainting time in I have had a go at the Air Caraibes repaint, so if you would like to take her for a spin to see if she is close to what you wanted, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront...Caraibes_01.zipAs always, if you find that you want any changes or updates to the colour scheme then just let me know and I will try my best to assist, and we have no need to be formal here on the forum (at least as far as I am concerned) , so Jim will do fine, as even at my age I still look around for my Dad when ever I hear Mr Hodkinson, and thank you for the kind comments, they really are appreciated.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson@ BjarneIt should not be a problem, and Jim will do fine, so let em see what I can get together for you, by that I mean let my tidy up the originals so that you don’t see all my mistakes.Take care, and back as soon as I can.Jim Hodkinson@ loeb1I don’t have a problem with updating the files for you, but I would have been nice if you had signed your post, and not only because of the forum rules, but it would be nice to know to whom I am conversing.
Hi Jim,Thanks for that speedy delay in your response..lol The paint is beautiful and pretty close to to the one in the picture. There's a few color changes that will make it even closer, Toward the tail section on the MD11 paint I noticed you shaded that section slightly bluer shade than the fuselage - is it possible to make it a darker shade of blue as in the attached picture? Also the engine textures seem to have a slightly darker shade of blue as well. Lastly, do you think you can extend the White part that curves into the tail a little further aft as in the picture?Gideon Belle

Hi GideonNot a problem, but sorry for the delay I had just updated my Nvidia graphics drivers and everything went a little bit pear shaped with both my PhotoShop setting and my FSX settings, but I have managed to get the update done (hopefully) and get all my setting back to something like normal, so enough of this waffle here is the download link for the updated files..http://www.filefront.com/17387246/MD_11_Caraibes_02.zipIf you find that she requires any further updates, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hello,Is there any chance of these fantastic repaints being available for FS2004?.They look fantastic and would love to have them in my hanger!!Adrian

Hi AdrianAlthough I only have the FSX version of the MD-11, I do have a buddy that very kindly will test fly any FS9 conversion of my repaints for me, so if you can give me a little while to both convert them and get my buddy to test them out, I will post a link for the FS9 files as soon as I can.Take care, and back as soon as possibleJim Hodkinson EDITAfter a quick re-read of the post I am assuming that it is just the Air Cariabes repaint, or did you have any others in mind, if so then just let me know which ones, as to do them all and then ask for them to be tested could take some time as I have to take into account my testers time as well as my own, so if you could let me know if it is only the Cariabes or if not which others you were after.

Edited by hodge001

Sorry Jim Hodkinson !My name is Benjamin Loesch and it would be nice if you can change the files for me. ThanksBenjamin Loesch (loeb2)

Hi BenjaminAbsolutly no need to apologies to me, just signing the post is more than enogh, it is just that if a post is unsigned it does look a little impersonal, anyway with that out of the way, as for the T Cook Condor colour scheme. I am pretty sure that something can be put together for you, but I am at present reconnecting the five computers that I have on my network, and in fact this is the first one up and running (well sort off), now I have never know a network be fully functional after having all the connection removed and evey system moved and the network reconnected, but I suppose it can happen, so as soon as I have a fully functioning network I will see what I can come up with for you, and my apologies for the delay, but I rally have to have a functioning network as I am not the only user on it, I hope you can understand any delay, which hopefully will not be to great.Take care, and back as soon as I can.Jim Hodkinson@ DaveI did have a look at this one, but I put it to one side mainly due to the lack of a good version of the tail logo, it would be possible to hand draw a version (I think), but as I mantioned above it may be a whiile, but if you have not had any other offers to do her, then I will have a go by all means.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hey Jim, I think it's great what you do for the community with all the insane amount of time you put in doing all these special requests for people. Being a painter I know what some others may not, and that's the hours upon hours that paints take to do, sometimes days on end. It's great to read how happy you make people with your talent and really sets the example for others to follow. The same goes for other helpfuls like Mark, Robert and HD-Lee (sorry Lee, but it sounds cool ;).I know that most people take the time to leave their sincere thanks and appreciation for all that you do, but wanted to take a minute to say the same.I have seen some posts where you've had to re-upload some paints from time to time and thought of something that might help with that portion of your time. I have many website, and can easily create a folder for you and your fine paints. I can give you the FTP user name and password so you can upload them once and never need to again. You could have your own links for direct download which should save you lots of time. It wouldn't be anything on my part (not at all) since I have a endless yearly plan both upload and download.Anyway, keep up the great work. What you do for others is a great thing indeed and there aren't enough people like you in the world in my opinion.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks for getting back to me.I have to say your work is fantatsic - I wish I knew how to do repaints!!.I'd really like the emirates and V australia models in 2004 if at all possible.That said knowing me and my passion for the MD11 I'd want all of them!.If you can covert them for FS2004 I'm more than happy to help out testing them...a.furmedge@sky.comKeep up the amazing work!!Adrian

Hi AdrianAlthough I only have the FSX version of the MD-11, I do have a buddy that very kindly will test fly any FS9 conversion of my repaints for me, so if you can give me a little while to both convert them and get my buddy to test them out, I will post a link for the FS9 files as soon as I can.Take care, and back as soon as possibleJim HodkinsonEDITAfter a quick re-read of the post I am assuming that it is just the Air Cariabes repaint, or did you have any others in mind, if so then just let me know which ones, as to do them all and then ask for them to be tested could take some time as I have to take into account my testers time as well as my own, so if you could let me know if it is only the Cariabes or if not which others you were after.

Hi AdrianIt should not be a big problem to convert those repaints to FS9, so if you give me a little time I will certainly get them converted for you and post the links here, it may at present just take a little bit longer than it would usually do, but they will get done.Take care, and back when I have something for you.Jim Hodkinson