Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

New day at Captain Sim?

I have been watching the 707 comments over on the CS forums, and maybe it's just me, but I detect a change in attitude with CS. They are answering posts in a timely manner, without the attitude they are famous for. They are polite, informative, and helpfull. Anyone else noticed this? Credit where credit is due, I hope it continues cause they produce beautifull planes.

Jay

I have been watching the 707 comments over on the CS forums, and maybe it's just me, but I detect a change in attitude with CS. They are answering posts in a timely manner, without the attitude they are famous for. They are polite, informative, and helpfull. Anyone else noticed this? Credit where credit is due, I hope it continues cause they produce beautifull planes.
I wish they would fix the flight directors on their Herc and the 727 - only real glitches in otherwise terrific airplanes. Unfortunately, you spend a lot of time looking at them.....

I think they're very confident in their 707. There was a lot of criticism of previous releases what with the rocking problem some were experiencing, etc. The 707 -- aside from the Doppler, which they're working on -- is a clean release by industry standards and one heck of an airplane. They even showed a picture of a flaming engine today on their forum and let it be known some failures would be included in the next release. There aren't many people posting there, which means (a) most people are happy, or ( b ) that they haven't sold very many at the price.

Tim, I'd love to get it,but the price does put me off a bit. Maybe if it's on sale or just in a moment of weakness, I'll ###### it up.

NAX669.png

Price is quite effectively keeping me away as well.

- Aaron

The rather high price has kept me away so far, but if they get the doppler navigation system working in an authentic fashion I'm likely to cave in :biggrin:The buglist in the forum does not look at all scary for a version 1.0

I am interested in the 707 also, miss using the CIVA INS in the RFP 747 (FS 9) on some long flights, this should be a good replacement unless I find the doppler navigation is more interesting.

I've watched people in this forum slam CS for putting out buggy products. "It does this, it doesn't do that". But now that it looks like they've actually spent some time on a quality product, people won't buy it because of the price. This is a predicament developers are in.

I gave up on their 727. Had it working beautifully, after installing the tweaks; and flew it exclusively for about 2 months. Then it started crashing the sim every time I reset the flight to get the cockpit sounds. Then the auto pilot quit working properly. I finally uninstalled it. Also uninstalled their 757 without even trying it once. Enough is enough! I bought the QW 757 and couldn't be happier.I would love to have the 707, as I was a Pan Am employee in the 60s and rode on them a number of times, but I am not going thru any more hassles with CS.Bruce

Bruce, I hear you. But for $10 bucks? I can over look the buggy stuff. I enjoy the PMDG MD-11, I removed the Areane 737 and deleted the files, the Carenado's brings me back the days when I was building hours, Level-D is showing it's age, but the cockpit of the $10 CS C-130 puts a smile in my face every time. As incredibly buggy as it is.

For those holding off to purchase the 707 on the cheap, Captain Sim has already announced they are not having their famous sale because of the new releases, including a "mystery release" later this year. If you've lived this long without the 707, I'd consider waiting until the reports on 1.1 come in, probably sometime later in September. If the Doppler Navigation is fixed then my recommendation would be to allocate some of your airplane dollars to 707.1.1 even at the regular price. Without Doppler, though, you are stuck with navigating VOR to VOR or in an unrealistic cheat mode that digests the whole flightplan and follows like the default GPS. I've been flying the AirbusX while I'm waiting for the 707 update, as confounding as THAT airplane is.

Without Doppler, though, you are stuck with navigating VOR to VOR or in an unrealistic cheat mode that digests the whole flightplan and follows like the default GPS. .
Cheat mode? Tim, thats obviously updated avionics to continue 707 service into this century! Big%20Grin.gif

Jay

Seems like they might just have problems when it comes to the glass planes. Too high tech for them to program I guess.

Cheat mode? Tim, thats obviously updated avionics to continue 707 service into this century! Big%20Grin.gif
There are 707s in regular service in Iran to this day. I wonder what kind of navigation they use? Probably a portable GPS stuck on the window with a suction cup.

Seems like they might just have problems when it comes to the glass planes. Too high tech for them to program I guess.
They did the 757 and 767, both of which have some glass panels in the cockpit.