Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

Talking about shaking your head in disbelief

Jac, now you're starting to annoy me. When exactly did I put my foot in my mouth to necessitate your rude comments? Exactly what did I do to you that is motivating your idiotic and unjustified attack on me? I explained my pic and didn't even have to. I did it to keep peace but honestly if you don't like it, don't look at it.Too bad, so sad, bye bye
Hi Dan,I got my point accross. It's still disgusting but it's your Photo Shop.Bye.Jack Hancock

Hi Dan,I got my point accross. It's still disgusting but it's your Photo Shop.Bye.Jack Hancock
If that benign image offends you so much that it bothers you enough to complain about it, you clearly haven't spent much time on the internet.-stefan

I think the link Dario provided really shows what could happen, but of course we all know anything can always happen. The idea and concept of remote aircraft have been in use on a much lighter scale in the military for years, even on a larger scale with NASA. I agree that it is something that will happen in the future but not as fast as we'll see Boeing switch to a sidestick haha, jk.Thanks for feeding me on that one Doug, I saw where you were going with it :wink:And thanks Stefan, I feel the same way. It's amazing how some people can take such an innocent picture and make it out to be something it's totally not.seat.jpg

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

's Sorry guys, I'll take a pass on the Kool Aid drinking.That's it from me. No more comments. I'm done.Jack Hancock
You sure? I heard Dan spiked the kool aidJack C

yeah, and how does he suggest we train new captains?
PMDG and FSX :(

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

And in fact most incidents occur because of human intervention.
Not actually true... its because of human non intervention using precribed procedures. Usually down to CFIT, not following a procedure or not understanding a system, multiple causes are usual though. As to the argument that humans should be taken out of the equation, I'm in theory in agreement. The problems currently are:1. Systems and system logic are not advanced enough yet to do this IN A COMMERCIAL REAL WORLD environment. It can and has been done in test environments but this is not the same as sending an "AI" flight of in bad weather to land at Heathrow and throwing a runway closure at it. There are simply too many variables for current systems to cope with, (Runway incursions, bad weather, diversions, systems failures, maintenance failures, etc etc) Speaking as an ex electrical engineer and now a software analyst, the more complex a system gets, the more likely it is to break, (give unexpected output) as "break" is too much of a generic term in this instance. The amount of variables and parameters a complete AI system would have to cope with would be mind boggling, then you need redundancy, so X2 or 3. Until the whole AI thing and system logic enters the next generation (neural nets etc) I don't see it happening.2. The public would not go for it .......yet :( As for Ryan Air, I agree...you pay for what you get. A Cheep, no frills, bus ride that balances basic fares by charging for everything they can. I have no problem with this as long as they are safe, which statistically, they are.

Jack C,RyanAir is an innovative, successful airline, in business model, financial performance and safety record. No one forces people to fly it. Airline pilots have limited monthly duty. If violated both airline and pilot could lose their licenses. If an employee doesn't like the work environment, he is free to leave, and use his marketable skills elsewhere.

Jack C,RyanAir is an innovative, successful airline, in business model, financial performance and safety record. No one forces people to fly it. Airline pilots have limited monthly duty. If violated both airline and pilot could lose their licenses. If an employee doesn't like the work environment, he is free to leave, and use his marketable skills elsewhere.
Heck i didn't say I had any problem with the airline. My problem is with the CEO and what he would do IF he could. Jack C

Ryanair's main innovation is not charging much for the flight itself, but charging loads for access to the flight. Booking fees, luggage fees, check-in fees, credit/debit card charges for each passenger and flight leg, cost of travelling to/from airport not very close to the city you chose, etc. It's pricing model is a rip-off. What you see is definitely not what you get. Ryanair is certainly successful and safe, just not my cup of tea at all.The thing with Michael O'Leary's proposals for single pilots, "stand up" seats, charges for toilets, etc is that they are only 90% tongue in cheek. If he could legally get away with these things he would.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg