Sign in to follow this  
aentwis

Taxiing with the FDE tweaks...

That's ok Charlie, I said "about" 900 RPM :) I don't know every number by heart. Are you flying empty maybe? I know that empty its response is very quick, I usually use it at full/ half MTOW, and the tweaking was made at full weight.Anyway, those are the values you should be expecting. I use a CH throttle quad and I've never experienced such issue. I usually put in a bit of power to start, then throttle back quickly.What version of FSX are you using? I'm on SP2. Don't know if it's that, or what....Cheers

I am running on FSX Gold with Acceleration pack installedIt is odd, I do a test currently:Idle Prop 1050rpm@350ft-lbs or so at ground idle condition lever (to the left of the gate)1% of throttle and 950rpm@450ft-lb... and I roll at around 22-24KIAS after about 15-20 seconds of rolling... cutting the throttle, I just roll to a dead stop within 10 seconds...But more manageable than the 35Kts I had before...The behaviour is sporadic though... with the high speed taxis occurring from time to time...Which tweak do you refer to Federico?Thanks for the work on the FDE, great improvement... :) (not meant in any way sarcastically...)Andrew

Hey Andrew, good to see you around here! It's been a while! By tweak I mean the one I posted some days ago, I don't know if there are others. Isn't it the one in question? Anyway, it's a weird behaviour. You taxi so fast with so little power. As my plane is configured right now, I have a high idle at about 600 tq and 1400 RPM, but I don't move at all, or very little. It seems we have a different friction coefficient on the ground.Anyway, here's a little tweak if you want to try: open the .air, in line 1508 set the Y=0.031 at X=48 (or 50 max). You'll lower the torque available at low and high idles. But you'll also get "incorrect" torque indications in flight (the higher the speed the higher the effect): when you retard the throttle the torque needle will move very close to the 0, it won't stay at 400 tq anymore. That's the side effect. If you can live with it..well, you can taxi then :)Cheers

Have you guys that are experiencing this emailed Carenado support? I know Fede and I haven't seen anything like this, especially in the FDE we've been working on for the past month or so. What are your realism settings at?This is very very odd behavior. For me, I have to add quite a bit of power (block power) to get it moving, and then reduce it and keep it at a normal speed (as you have to in the real airplane).

Bought it a few days ago (Simmarket) and didn't apply and tweak or fix (can't even find anything) and I'm getting the exact same problem. So, what happened than... do you still have this problem or was it somehow fixed since no posts since september?

I did a test.. sitting on the runway, throttle 0%. I disconnected the joystick, so it don't interfere. I tapped F3 once and in 30 seconds I was @ 32kts, still rising. Than I tapped F2 once and in 40 seconds the plane stopped completely. No middle option. It happens with both versions, regular and cargomaster.