Sign in to follow this  
Samwise

We need a good ATC sim!

ATC sim's seem "few and far between". First we had BAO Tower, the best tower sim ever made. Its available to download from abandonware websites but you would be very lucky to get it working on vista/7.Next we had Wilco's Tower Simulator. Something that I looked very forward to during development, it looked very promising. Unforunately, now, I believe its my biggest waste of money on a flightsim product to date. It was fundamentally flawed. Kudos for trying though!The other option is to connect to FSX multiplayer, but then you have to accept that people won't always do what you ask them. ATC: "Hold short", Aircraft: "No".The only other tower sim out there is from German software developer Rondo Media which is called "Airport Tower Simulator". I have no experience of it, but it looks pretty poor, comprising of a top down view of an airport only.So for a personal PC its definately a no go area at the moment. Maybe theres no real customer base for it? Who knows. However, if you have the money then I guess you could buy something from these guys http://www.micronav.co.uk/index.htm, that's if they would let you anywhere near their software!My plead goes out to you software developers, it would be great to see a decent tower simulator. What does everyone else think?

My plead goes out to you software developers, it would be great to see a decent tower simulator. What does everyone else think?
What MGH said. But in addition to that, the developer of ATC Simulator, Russell Davis, is creating a tower sim...which I'm sure will be superb, just as atcsimulator was. here is the page for info on that. I can't wait.

They are all enroute/radar simulations, except for atc3 but thats japenese and is very expensive to get over to the uk. Looks pretty neat though.
What MGH said. But in addition to that, the developer of ATC Simulator, Russell Davis, is creating a tower sim...which I'm sure will be superb, just as atcsimulator was. here is the page for info on that. I can't wait.
Thats super news! Thanks for the heads up!

Guest russellbdavis
Try ATC simulator 2.I just got it.Its pretty good.It's got alot of bugs, but it's the best one I have found.Link http://www.atcsimulator.com/
I beg your pardon, ATCsimulator2 does not contain a lot of bugs. Please write to me and tell me what they are... atcsimulator@cox.net

You think he is going to see this after 6 months have passed?

:( You never know, but by now he might not even care.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest russellbdavis

If he doesn't respond, it will be all for the better anyway.

I don't know what's going on, but I did not I SAY AGAIN I DID NOT write that post.I do not own ATC sim 2 so some how my name got asso. with it , but it is not me!

If you're interested in an enroute radar sim, check out ATCwindows on yahoo groups.

Hard to find features include request weather avoidance and "descend via" commands.

Best of all...on going development with great discussions on frequent feature updates.

What I want to know is how did Russell Davis join this forum 43 years 8 months and 17 days ago.  Clever!!

I am going to make a prediction and say... he'll see it 6 months plus 2 years later...

so some how my name got asso. with it , but it is not me!

I will hazard a guess here and say because it appears to be your account.

btw... got a little brother that knows your password?

What I want to know is how did Russell Davis join this forum 43 years 8 months and 17 days ago.  Clever!!

It's from the 'old' AVSIM site... a.k.a. VIETSIM... created shortly after "The Internet" came online.

Not quite sure why this old thread is back, however, I think if you are interested in ATC you should give VATSIM controlling a try.  Traffic levels are not always high but then again, its a two way street and if you and other are onlne controlling believe me the pilots will show up.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Not quite sure why this old thread is back

Hmmm...

I'll hazard another guess and say it's because of the "iflysmooth" post from yesterday.