Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

Q and A time on the 737

You mean cool down time after landing? I think the standard time is 3 minutes when reverse thrust was used. I don't know about any specific rule for the 737. I read once that the cool down time depends on the type of reverser that is used on a particular engine.

Guest Boeing Skunk Works
Have you looked at http://www.smartcockpit.com/. It's a good place to look for info.My guess is 23 volts, that's the info I could scrounge up for the 737 classic. Not sure about the NG.@M. CarterThe check for TR serviceability is current, not voltage, because the TR voltage indicates that of the associated DC busses (for TR's 1 & 2). TR's should always be checked before commencing an autoland because the TR3 disconnect relay / cross bus tie relay opens at glideslope capture and this will leave DC Bus 1 unpowered if TR1 had previously failed. NG's have a TR UNIT light which illuminates if either TR1 or TR2 and TR3 fail in flight or if any TR's fail on the ground. The TR's are unregulated and output rated to 50 Amps.
You impress me. One of the few here with systems knowledge of the simulated aircraft you choose to fly, or at least knows where to find it. :Applause:Can any AC buss or generator be paralleled as on the 727?

Basically two simple rules to the NG when it comes to the electrical. The AC system is never in parallel and there is only source of electrical power connected to a transfer bus at one time. As soon as you try and connect a new source it disconnects the previous source.3 mins for cool down is correct. The next question is for those people who wonder what the real benefit of reduced/ derated take offs.#5 What is the approximate reduction in wear and tear on the engine of the first 5% reduction from a full rated thrust take off?Jack C

I guessed based off of the FS2Crew for the J41. The FO won't shut down the engines until they've cooled for 3 mins. I'm getting sick of him reminding me of that.:(

Damn you're quick!:biggrin:I concur with the 50%.
what can I say..............I'm OBSESSED with aviation... especially anything boeing

Yes sir. About 50%. Pretty amazing considering its only 5%. Well I am off to do the red eye flight so take cares all and will post some more tomorrow!Jack C

Looking forward to it Jack, it's good fun and very informative.Big%20Grin.gif
I will concur with this statement as well...... as it is definitely a break from the PMDG737-NGX release bickering, and it pushes one to really learn something...... especially for us simmers (I wish I was an airline pilot.....but am not) to apply this information to FSX/FS2004 during our sim flights.When I get a new addon I do everything I can to learn as much as I possibly can. The downside to this (for me) is that for the first solid week I dont get many flights done. But I make due. And trust me, anyone reading this.....you will get MUCH more out of your experience if you take the time to learn stuff

I hope Jack doesn't mind me posting a question while he's away on his red eye.What does CDS MAINT mean when displayed on the bottom left of the PFD?Cam Jones

I hope Jack doesn't mind me posting a question while he's away on his red eye.What does CDS MAINT mean when displayed on the bottom left of the PFD?Cam Jones
CDS MAINT (white) – A dispatchable CDS fault has occurred. Displayed on theground only, prior to start of the second engine.

CDS MAINT (white) – A dispatchable CDS fault has occurred. Displayed on theground only, prior to start of the second engine.
Sounds good to me. From a maintenance perspective, on the real aircraft you could preform a DU Loop Test through the MAINT BITE pages on the FMC and determine where the fault is coming from. White generally means one of the GG (Graphic Generators) is faulty. If you lose a whole DEU (Two GGs) the flag would be amber.Cam Jones

Yup though does depend on which software is running...[Option - With CDS Block 99 software upgrade or higher]CDS MAINT (white) – A dispatchable CDS fault has occurred. Displayed on theground only, prior to start of the second engine.[Option - Without CDS Block 99 software upgrade or higher]CDS MAINT (white) – A non-dispatchable CDS fault has occurred. Displayed onthe ground only, prior to start of the second engine.CDS FAULT (amber) – A non–dispatchable CDS fault has occurred. Displayedon the ground only, prior to start of the second engine.