Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Qualitywings 757

I certainly have and that is why I asked the question.For £30, I would expect a 99% simulation as in the LVLD (Which cost the same) but a lite version is just not worth that amount of money. The most I would expect to pay for this would be £20 maximum.I have to admit though that the visuals of this progect are stunning but flying is not about that.PMDG and LVLD have raised the bar in FS so MAKING DO with lesser mortals are now not what Avsim readers are demanding any more. With the name of Quality Wings (with respect) I would have expected more.
You sir are utterly and completley clueless. You obviously have no clue behind QW's mission statement.

Eric 

I loaded the QW 757 up (virtual cockpit of course) and during reading the instructions for start I had to go to the 2D cockpit to access something on it which was the simicons panel. The simicon panel doesn't appear in the virtual cockpit mode nor could I find a keyboard shortcut to display the simicons panel in the virtual cockpit. So I had to go to either the menu bar or the 2d cockpit in order to be able to open the simicon panel, neither of these options are acceptable to me. If I have this wrong I would just love to be enlightened because I had high hopes for this aircraft.
I may be wrong on this as I dont fly in VC much (except for landing), but I dont recall any planes that have simicons in the VC. I have always had to go to the Views menu, open the sub panels I wanted, then move them to a second monitor if I wanted to leave them open. What exactly did you need to go to the simicons to find to start the engines?

Jay

The Level-D currently costs thirty-five quid, not thirty, but that is admittedly not a huge difference and not a really significant point other than to say it's an inaccurate comparative claim. Regardless, what does make a huge difference, is in how one goes about selecting what to include and what to leave out when choosing to develop a 'lite' add-on, as there is more to it than simply hiding behind a process of 'we can't be arsed modeling a few systems, so will call it a 'lite' sim', although there are undoubtedly some add-ons which are like that.As I understand it, what has been deliberately left out from the Quality Wings 757, is the stuff that the Captain might defer to an F/O, in order to concentrate on a specific experience, and in doing so, allow the kind of simmer who isn't too bothered about the minutia of system programming on an airliner and acting as both crew members, to still have an engaging and convincing experience which doesn't bog them down with things they don't want to concern themselves with.More significantly for a good many flight sim enthusiasts, what that also means is that a long-ranged aircraft can be up and running a bit quicker and so you can be up in the air sooner, and that actually is what flying is about when a 757 is capable of crossing the Atlantic, since the sooner you are on your way, the longer are the flights one can tackle in the free time one has available.As it happens, I actually quite like the boring detailed stuff which the QW 757 eschews, so I've got the CS 757 and not the QW one, but I'm well aware that doing the lighter sort of add-on can be a fine line between genuinely 'lite' and simply lacking in features, and even though I don't have the QW 757, I am aware that it was made clear from the outset that the QW 757 design goal was a very finely honed variation of the former rather than the latter, which most people I see posting about the aircraft appear to think QW managed to pull of very well. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but in choosing not to buy it, that decision for me personally is certainly not about imagining it's some half-assed attempt that is only worthy of a twenty quid price tag, as it quite clearly is much more thoughtful than that.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here