Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Qualitywings 757

A friend of mine uses the Precision Flight controls with the Bendix radio stack and except for a problem with setting the heading from the stack, it works fine for him.
HelloWell I am pleased for your friend of course, But my setup is all Goflight panels.The radios work for me but nothing else, AP ect.Very little on the panel is mappable using Fsuipc macros or button programming.There is another 757 coming along which will most likely be released with a full SDKand Goflight compatability out of the box so I will just have to wait for that one.Still full credit to the QW developers for producing an otherwise very nice aircraft I can see why many like the product, but just not for me at this time.

That's unfortunate Tim. We would have looked into your problems but you decided to quit instead. There were a few support threads where we asked you to follow up on, but you just report the bugs and leave.... it's a 2 way street when reporting bugs man. We need participation from both sides to get it fixed.If you just report a problem and leave how do you expect that we fix it? In one particular thread I asked you if you could take a screenshot and Ernie asked you to save a panel state in your overspeed condition, you never responded and now I just learned that you decided to uninstall the product.Ultimately it's your loss, if you ever want to come back you'll know where to find us.
I am reinstalling after I get back from work tonight and will glady avail myself of your support opportunities, both official and unofficial. I have never had anything but praise for your product except for the one overspeed issue. I'll even post another screenshot if you missed my last one in your forum. Obviously, it IS my loss if I purchased an airplane that I cannot fly, so I have every reason in the world to want to resolve the issue.Best wishes,Tim

To me, they both look good, just a slight configuration difference in the layout. CS on the left, QW on the right.
I just dont see Dougals immersion factor issue ...

Maybe it's a system & monitor setup thing - some addons looking better with different systems? Who knows.The QW for me just doesn't look or 'feel' as good - smooth.I am beginning to prefer the systems stabality of the QW by quite a margin - MUCH more reliable in auto flight.

I am reinstalling after I get back from work tonight and will glady avail myself of your support opportunities, both official and unofficial.
Tim, see your PM.Gimme a shout when you get it reinstalled, and we'll get started on the flight parameter logging I mentioned.Thanks very much.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Tim, see your PM.Gimme a shout when you get it reinstalled, and we'll get started on the flight parameter logging I mentioned.Thanks very much.Regards.Ernie.
Will do, Ernie. Much obliged. I would love to be able to fly this airplane successfully since it is so nice.

Ultimately it's your loss, if you ever want to come back you'll know where to find us.
No. Actually its YOUR loss. You are a business and when your customers are dissatisfied they don't come back. Studies show, satisfied customers only tell two other people, but dissatisifed customers tell 10. Can you imagine your reaction if you took a suit back to a store and told them you were dissatified only to hear that it was "your loss, if you ever want to come back you'll know where to find us." I promise you that you'd never go back to that store again. So why on earth would he want to "come back"? You may want to rethink your policy and your attitude if you're planning on staying in business.Sorry for the rant, but it just seems that some have it bassackwards.

No. Actually its YOUR loss. You are a business and when your customers are dissatisfied they don't come back. Studies show, satisfied customers only tell two other people, but dissatisifed customers tell 10. Can you imagine your reaction if you took a suit back to a store and told them you were dissatified only to hear that it was "your loss, if you ever want to come back you'll know where to find us." I promise you that you'd never go back to that store again. So why on earth would he want to "come back"? You may want to rethink your policy and your attitude if you're planning on staying in business.Sorry for the rant, but it just seems that some have it bassackwards.
For what it's worth, and I'm not a real b75 driver but have had several sim sessions at the UA training facility here in Denver (Stapleton), I love this bird. I haven't seen the overspeed issue that Tim reports, don't find the graphics cartoonish ( this is obviously subjective), and while it may not have everything working such as an independent ILS radio, and I miss the ability to switch the Nav 1/2 systems to automatic tuning, it's lots of fun, very immersive, the sounds are really god, and the options available through the .cfg file is amazing. How will it compare to the Level D product to come, I don't know. Just my opinion. But that's the fun of FSX, you can use it for many flight sim purposes, so it probably means that we would never all agree about a single product......And the support is second to none, from my experience.Thanks, Bruce.

Tim,After some thought I just wanted to apologize for the way I came across earlier, it was wrong.... highly unprofessional and I promise you it will never happen again.Sometimes we speak with emotion and don't see how we may come across to others. I sincerely apologize to anybody else that I may have offended, and that goes for you as well Mike.I was totally wrong here. We highly value all of your support and business, because without you guys we have nothing.Best Regards,Emil Serafino

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

No, I do not fully agree with your interpretation. I think the fault in your interpretation is that the man goes to the store and tells them at the store that the suit has problems. That's not at all hat happened here. For, if your interpretation would be correct, than Emil should have told Tim that it's his loss right at the moment that Tim complained at the QW forums. This is not the case. I therefore propose a different scenario. We are at Avsim now, meaning we are at, for example, the library, not the store where Tim "bought the suit". If the current conversation here in this thread would have been "at the store", it would have been at the Qualitywings forums. However, since it's not at the Qualitywings forums (and thus not at the place where the product was bought), we are at a different, public place ("the library").Right, so here goes:Tim goes to the store where the suit was bought and says: "there is a problem with the suit"The store manager says: "could you show to me what's wrong?"Tim shows it, but leaves shortly afterwards, while the store manager was trying to find the tailor that made the suit (Or something of the kind...).- and now, a few weeks later, at the library, Tim find "us" and says -Tim: "that suit I bought? There were some problems with it"The store manager happens to overhear what Tim says, and the store manager recognizes the problems Tim is speaking about. So, he comes to Tim, and says:Storemamanager: "sir, we would have wanted to fix your suit, but you seemed to have left before we could really help you. It would have required you to stay in the shop a little longer, but we might have been able to fix the problem with more of your input. I'm sorry sir, but it can only be your loss if you leave before we can really help you..."Tim: "I'll ghet the suit from the attic when I get home and will go back to your shop, so we may look at the problems further".So this is my interpretation. I think Emil is therefore quite right, but whether it is the right thing to say, I'm not sure. Probably not... Anyway, Tim seems happy, and Emil apologized, so case closed, right?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Considering this one now, does the FMC work and how realistic is it? Does functions like 'fix' and hold work?

Dave Taylor gb.png

No, I do not fully agree with your interpretation. I think the fault in your interpretation is that the man goes to the store and tells them at the store that the suit has problems. That's not at all hat happened here. For, if your interpretation would be correct, than Emil should have told Tim that it's his loss right at the moment that Tim complained at the QW forums. This is not the case. I therefore propose a different scenario. We are at Avsim now, meaning we are at, for example, the library, not the store where Tim "bought the suit". If the current conversation here in this thread would have been "at the store", it would have been at the Qualitywings forums. However, since it's not at the Qualitywings forums (and thus not at the place where the product was bought), we are at a different, public place ("the library").Right, so here goes:Tim goes to the store where the suit was bought and says: "there is a problem with the suit"The store manager says: "could you show to me what's wrong?"Tim shows it, but leaves shortly afterwards, while the store manager was trying to find the tailor that made the suit (Or something of the kind...).- and now, a few weeks later, at the library, Tim find "us" and says -Tim: "that suit I bought? There were some problems with it"The store manager happens to overhear what Tim says, and the store manager recognizes the problems Tim is speaking about. So, he comes to Tim, and says:Storemamanager: "sir, we would have wanted to fix your suit, but you seemed to have left before we could really help you. It would have required you to stay in the shop a little longer, but we might have been able to fix the problem with more of your input. I'm sorry sir, but it can only be your loss if you leave before we can really help you..."Tim: "I'll ghet the suit from the attic when I get home and will go back to your shop, so we may look at the problems further".So this is my interpretation. I think Emil is therefore quite right, but whether it is the right thing to say, I'm not sure. Probably not... Anyway, Tim seems happy, and Emil apologized, so case closed, right?
Personally, I think that's 'nuts', but as you say, Emil has made a great response.The previous 'your loss' posting most certainly convinced me I wanted no further dealings with QW, so I VERY much appreciated Emil's later post. Humbling and sincere - thank you.

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion I guess and I think I'd be angry with QW too if Emil's post would have been directed at me. It's because of that that I was also a bit surprised by Tim's friendly response. Anyway, my post was aimed at nuancing what Mike said. Doesn't mean that what Emil said was the right thing to say.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Tim,After some thought I just wanted to apologize for the way I came across earlier, it was wrong.... highly unprofessional and I promise you it will never happen again.Sometimes we speak with emotion and don't see how we may come across to others. I sincerely apologize to anybody else that I may have offended, and that goes for you as well Mike.I was totally wrong here. We highly value all of your support and business, because without you guys we have nothing.Best Regards,Emil Serafino
It happens, don't worry about it. Ernie has now made a special log gauge for me to help ferret out the problem and I am sending him data. Tim

It happens, don't worry about it. Ernie has now made a special log gauge for me to help ferret out the problem and I am sending him data. Tim
That has to be a first for support, at least as far as I can recall.Bruce.