Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Qualitywings 757

Guest 413X3
Considering this one now, does the FMC work and how realistic is it? Does functions like 'fix' and hold work?
That's the one thing about this bird, it has a very simplistic fmc. Fly the Level-D plane if you want 100% realism.

A couple of answers I need before a buying decision can be made on this bird:1.) Please show us your HD virtual cockpit, cannot find any high quality pictures of it.2.) How many HD repaints where released for FSX, the American looks great btw.3.) I assume the system modeling is some-were between the Airbus X and the PMDG's B747/MD11, am I correct?Please answers these questions and maybe do a pictorial at the other site since Avsim does not let developers put up images...thank you, Darryl

I posted a side by side screen shot of the cockpit here earlier, but you can never get a full representation because of compression when posting pics. The manual is available free on the QW website which will answer all your questions, and they have a screen shot forum as well with 100's of pictures.There are 3 HD repaints, however the other 123 repaints are outstanding as well.

Jay

Guest wims
That's the one thing about this bird, it has a very simplistic fmc. Fly the Level-D plane if you want 100% realism.
Level D havent released a B757 yet tho, a 767 isnt 100% realism if you want to fly the 757.
I posted a side by side screen shot of the cockpit here earlier, but you can never get a full representation because of compression when posting pics. ...
You can if you use lossless image formats like PNG instead of JPG.

Do you have the product ?Because it doesn't sound like you do.The FMS may not be as detailed as Level-D's, but it is a bit beyond simplistic.It does support route modification, LNAV, VNAV, Airways, SID' STAR's, leg restrictions, RNAV approach procedures, and functions like Fixes, Holds do indeed work. The Nav database is updatedable via Navigraph.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I'm referring to the FSX SD vs HD Virtual Cockpit pictures of QW not Captain Sim (I've used their 757 demo and already own the 763).

I posted a side by side screen shot of the cockpit here earlier, but you can never get a full representation because of compression when posting pics. The manual is available free on the QW website which will answer all your questions, and they have a screen shot forum as well with 100's of pictures.There are 3 HD repaints, however the other 123 repaints are outstanding as well.
Darryl

C'mon now Darryl lolWhat hasn't been said about this bird already that you don't know about. - We answer just about every question thrown at us on the QW site....which btw is a better place to get an answer from a QW developer. - We preview the heck outta everything. - We told everybody which 3 liveries would be included in QWHDT on the forums - We have a copy of the manual available for those who are considering purchase. (allows you to answer question 3 on your own) - There are enough opinions (positive and negative) about us on just about all the major sites...to write a book. - We made the FSX Native models which was your last sticking point.If you've got to think THIS much about making the purchase sir, it just might not be for you :(

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

I purchsed the QW 757 yesterday as there were a number good reports here on avsim and, I have to say, I'm very disappointed.I have the Captain Sim 757 which I think is very good EXCEPT the for VNAV/LNAV systems, which is why I got the QW. The flight model of the QW version is almost 'jerky' compared to the CS, which feels silky smooth in comparison. I'd be very interested to know which is actually the most accurate. Any 757 drivers out there?Also, the graphics of the QW, although appear to be very high res and sharp, seem to be way over top - sort of 'cartoonish'.Not complaints. I'm fortunate enough to be able to purchase things to try out. just my observations.
I agree 100% . I purchased it a few months ago and parked it in the hangar due to my disappointment. What get me is all the missing systems! So I will keep my future money for level-d and PMDG aircraft!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

TO QUALITY WINGS...I have been trying to login to your forum for several days without success.I'm always told that my account is inactive.I have also tried emailing you via the webform. It doesn't appear to work?!My username is 'Dougal'Please helpThanks

Dougal,I just manually activated your account. The site requires you to comply with an activation e-mail. I don;t know if you got it, but anyway - you are all set now.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

As the OP of this thread, I think it's now about time for a little back tracking...First off, re my comments about the flight model not feeling smooth... Apologies to both Qualitywings AND the poster who suggested I may have a problem my end. CORRECT! I have now found and corrected three hardware controller conflicts between my X52 and flight yoke.As far as the flight model goes, I now concur 100% with those stating it to be 'silky smooth'. Without doubt, more so than the CS model too. Quite why those conflicts didn't affect my CS model, or any others for that matter, I have no idea...I still prefer the CS graphics, but hey, we can't all be perfect eh? :(

As the OP of this thread, I think it's now about time for a little back tracking...First off, re my comments about the flight model not feeling smooth... Apologies to both Qualitywings AND the poster who suggested I may have a problem my end. CORRECT! I have now found and corrected three hardware controller conflicts between my X52 and flight yoke.As far as the flight model goes, I now concur 100% with those stating it to be 'silky smooth'. Without doubt, more so than the CS model too. Quite why those conflicts didn't affect my CS model, or any others for that matter, I have no idea...I still prefer the CS graphics, but hey, we can't all be perfect eh? Big Grin.gif
As the postee who suggested it may be on your end, congrats on getting it sorted out and updating us :(

Jay

I guess you guys just don't want my money...and that was insulting way to threat a potential customer! I take a long to make a purchase since I've been burned by developers making promises and never delivering or not fixing incorrect products ie: feelThere/McPhat (bad textures/totally incorrect/never fixed paint schemes with the E170/E190), Captain Sim B763 with it's always dirty/terrible repaints, certain major airports (which I want to buy) that never seems to get fixed by a major developer (28 pages of posts, plus numerous other pages), etc.

C'mon now Darryl lolWhat hasn't been said about this bird already that you don't know about. - We answer just about every question thrown at us on the QW site....which btw is a better place to get an answer from a QW developer. - We preview the heck outta everything. (ONLY A HALF FORUM PAGE WITH SMALL PICTURES) - We told everybody which 3 liveries would be included in QWHDT on the forums (YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE MORE) - We have a copy of the manual available for those who are considering purchase. (allows you to answer question 3 on your own) (OK, THE SYSTEMS MODELING IS BETWEEN PMDG & DEFAULT) - There are enough opinions (positive and negative) about us on just about all the major sites...to write a book. (OK, I READ MANY OF THE COMMENTS) - We made the FSX Native models which was your last sticking point. (YES and it looks good) If you've got to think THIS much about making the purchase sir, it just might not be for you :(
I can't believe you "Corey" attacked me personally after praising your work in the past...Darryl

Ummmm...Darryl, you ok?I just read my post again a couple of times and I still fail to see where I attacked you. I apologize if it came across as an attack but trust me, you'd know if I was on the offensive lol.BUTMost of us are members on several different forums. I have paid attention to your posts and inquiries for the longest. You do seem unbelievably skeptical about the product despite the amount of information available to you.The 3 questions you asked were answered on our forums, which you were previously a member on but appears are inactive now. As a matter of fact I even made a video for YOU today that had to be deleted off Youtube because the sound wasn't in sync. My quote still stands buddy for better or worse:If you've got to think THIS much about making the purchase sir, it just might not be for you. That's not an insult or an attack Darryl, but just an observation. I say it again: C'mon Darryl lolWhen we released, we received a barrage of negative comments from people who expected so much more. People screamed bloody murder because we weren't at "Level-D or PMDG" level of systems simulation. I mean God forbid you release a product that's a little different than those 2 developers (Disclaimer: 2 of my favorite developers...so no beef with them). So even though we told everyone what to expect from the VERY BEGINNING, we went back at it and tried to improve on different areas to match what people seemed to want without totally shifting our gameplan. Still thereafter, people complained lol. So forgive me if I've become a little bit indifferent to the questions about where we are with regards to PMDG or anybody else. We've already told everyone. We've showed everyone. We put it in writing. People have spoken about it. Now YOU figure it out. Of course we want your business and we've given you all the tools to make an informed decision. But a year later, what is there left to say or show?Oh and by the way, I've been VERY careful with my words. I NEVER promised there would be more QWHDT liveries.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team