Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

Bäää no answer me :( ! Dear PMDG Team ist the NGX stil in Final (Alpha) ? Beta = check the final alpha to busted al Bugs and failures yes??? Thanks best regrads from EDDM Munich
Chris, they have stated several times that they will let us know when it goes to BETA. Not there yet

just be patient mate, what difference does it make? alpha, late alpha, pre beta, betalpha...

I request for >>(alpha)<<<< not for beta thanksbest regrads

Those geeky posts are getting tiresome. Get something else to do, please. Clogging the forum with whining about release delays is not helping anyone. The "When it's done" approach is obviously the best that PMDG can take, even if it means a post 2010 release. The changes on their homepage convey that the NGX will not be ready in time for Christmas.

I can’t completely understand the debate which is going on around the net and in particular in this forum about the release date.All of you who can’t understand why PMDG have postponed the release several times, do forget that PMDG has some external partners (ex: Boeing engineers) that they can’t time control. Also please note that as in all develop, the estimating often is to optimistic, especially when you develop new technologies. Last but not least - They want to give you the best !!!It’s my belief that they have no interest in postponing the release date a second more than necessaryThe development of this caliber is really expensive for PMDG! As earlier stated by PMDG, the license to let PMDG publish the handbook from Boeing, that actually is near the real thing, as you will find at the airliners, just cost the tip of the B738. Not mentioned the expensive to have a team of developers going on this project for years. So that in mind it’s my belief that PMDG’s vision is to get this project, out to you people, as fast that it is possible, for them to finish it, so they can collect some income. Please stop swinging the whip over PMDG and let them do their job in peace and tranquility.Instead you should use your time to go flying a little trip in FS 9/X and look forward that this addon will come sooner than later if you let them.Just my 5 cents...Regards,Leif B.

I means late alpha !best regrads
Sign your full name please.And I have a question for those seeking release date, beta testing information...Do you really think if PMDG wanted that information public they would make it as hard to find as possible? If there is no sticky about a release date (I mean a REAL post about the release date), then there is no release date. Why would us normal folk on the board know any more than you do? Is it you don't believe PMDG is telling the truth? Do you think information was posted somewhere deep inside some of these 20 page threads? If that is the case, why are you deathly afraid of using the bloody search function?If I am getting extremly annoyed by these annoying posts I cannot imagine how the PMDG honchos feel about them.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

The day that question gets answered, "yes- we do!" is the day we start the 48hr countdown to release.
Sorry I couldn't resist, not quite serious, yet curious: why another 48 hours? Big%20Grin.gif:( Or is that meant for wrapping it all together and uploading it to the store?
If the NGX isn't sitting in your hangar on 31DEC, I can assure you that our intent to release a high quality, complete and stable NGX and the entire team will celebrate the stroke of midnight for the same reason we celebrate it every other night: We are one day closer. :(
How many people are actually involved in this project? I never really knew since I doubt we've seen most of the devs on these forums. Again, just curious. :(sig.gif

I belive this question has already been asked in this thread and for sure in lots of other threads over the years...what I'm talking about is the inclusion of a weather radar in PMDG's products.Read over at AVSIM's front page today that Active Sky just released ASE SP2 and when going through the text this caught my eyes"Integration with FSUIPC v4 (FSX) now permits 3rd-party add-ons such as Radar Contact to receive proper localized weather information"I wonder if this means it would finally be possible to get the precipitation information needed to build a realistic weather radar in FSX?

Richard Åsberg

"Integration with FSUIPC v4 (FSX) now permits 3rd-party add-ons such as Radar Contact to receive proper localized weather information"I wonder if this means it would finally be possible to get the precipitation information needed to build a realistic weather radar in FSX?
Very interesting indeed. Would like to hear what others think.

I belive this question has already been asked in this thread and for sure in lots of other threads over the years...what I'm talking about is the inclusion of a weather radar in PMDG's products.Read over at AVSIM's front page today that Active Sky just released ASE SP2 and when going through the text this caught my eyes"Integration with FSUIPC v4 (FSX) now permits 3rd-party add-ons such as Radar Contact to receive proper localized weather information"I wonder if this means it would finally be possible to get the precipitation information needed to build a realistic weather radar in FSX?
How i understand is that if ASE generates the weather then 3rd party products can receive correct informations...

Yes, that is my understanding as well. However I could understand if PMDG don't want to include a module in their products that is dependent on another company's product/technique but even if that was the case I still think this is great news if it is the way we think because that would mean what have until now been described as impossible in FSX no longer is.

Richard Åsberg

technically in FSX it stil remains impossible.. it is possible in ASE... :)

Has it even gone to BETA yet?
I thought only a turboprop could go into beta mode? That'll be why it hasn't been released yet LOLAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Chris-Ah- quite to the contrary!We have absolutely no inclination to worry about any day on the calendar. As I've stated many times, the only decision making criteria being evaluated is: "Are we where we want to be in terms of having a high quality, complete and stable initial release?"The day that question gets answered, "yes- we do!" is the day we start the 48hr countdown to release.If the product releases at 23:59h on 31DEC, or 00:01h on 01JAN is really unimportant to us.If the NGX isn't sitting in your hangar on 31DEC, I can assure you that our intent to release a high quality, complete and stable NGX and the entire team will celebrate the stroke of midnight for the same reason we celebrate it every other night: We are one day closer. :(
I completely agree with you. I knew all along that was your mission. I was just referring to people who will take the formerly present "Coming in 2010" tag that used to be on the product page a little too seriously and then complain that it isn't here yet when Jan. 1 hits. As for me, I'm completely content waiting until you say it's done. :(