Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

The P-8A is to modified in order to be part of the NGX.. Not to mention the gross takeoff weight is higher as it the bird is loaded down with avionics computers, and it has bomb/torpedo bays underneath the forward section. Those bays have been a source of structural weakness in the aircraft because when they open the doors the nose sags and they cannot get the doors to close till it is back on deck.. I am unsure if they have made progress since (this was probably about a year ago). They were supposed to start phasing the old P-3C's out, but they have transitioned to a re-winging program for those. Which leads me to believe they are losing confidence in the P-8A program. Granted it would be pretty cool if someone did the P-8 paintjob for it, but sadly the functionality would be missing. Is why I have my heart set on making the BBJ repaint for mine, and leaving it at that.

Where did you find those pictures?!

Two new teaser shots were uploaded on PMDG's Facebook page. They should really be posted here, though. rolleyes.gif

Erik L.

Two new teaser shots were uploaded on PMDG's Facebook page. They should really be posted here, though. rolleyes.gif
Probably a tactic to get people to join the group.

Got nothing to lose, and everything to gain. biggrin.gif

Erik L.

I don't even think you have to be a FB member to view their pics.
That's correct. I'm not, but I can view them fine. One thing worth mentioning: I found it quite difficult to find the official page. I kept running into PMDG pages that were created by fans. I'm sure they were just trying to be helpful, but it makes it hard to find the real PMDG page. The real one says in the description that it is the OFFICIAL one. I ended up clicking the link in Ryan's signature, and then adding that to my favorites so as not to have to sift through the fakes every time.EDIT: Vin just posted regarding this. See the general forum.

Omg hell yea! I specially created a stupid Facebook account in hope to see some extra pictures, but no. Only 2.

Omg hell yea! I specially created a stupid Facebook account in hope to see some extra pictures, but no. Only 2.
Whatever. Time it takes to create a facebook: 25 seconds.Time you end up spending staring at the NGX shot: At least 5 minutes.I'd be worth it in my opinion.

Joe Sherrill

Whatever. Time it takes to create a facebook: 25 seconds.Time you end up spending staring at the NGX shot: At least 5 minutes.I'd be worth it in my opinion.
+1But again, technically you don't need to join facebook............

Its another pic and I'll take anything at this point, but I do have a question about the Rose colored lense on the HUGS why is it that color?? Not complaining just wondering.Mike Davey 777

Could anybody please post a link to the image or sth. like that? I really don´t want to join this stupid network crap in order to Edit: Just saw the solution some posts above, sorry guys^^.
I've posted them on my newssite for Flight sim:www.flightsimnews.net

perhaps becuase majestic are doing a dash 8, PMDG may re-evaluate their Dash 8?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I've posted them on my newssite for Flight sim:www.flightsimnews.net
Nice site man! It has been favoritized! :( Note that the use of favoritized here is not actually correct, just goofing off.