Sign in to follow this  
Guest crank777

What is the best FS2004 add on in your opinion?

Guest crank777

Fsuipc

I think the PMDG 747-400/F and the CS 757 pro pack are the best airliner addons out there, but this can differ from person to person.

This comes up almost every six months!!!!!FSUIPC because without that pretty much nothing else would work!!!In my opinion CIVA comes a close second. It functions exactly as the real INSProbably the most comprehensive and accurate add-on there is!!vololiberista

This is truly an impossible question at this point when you factor in both payware and freeware. There's so much outstanding stuff out there... What changed FS9 for me or should I say took it to another level was:1. REX for FS92. Bloom3. Flight1's Ground Environment4. Zinertek's WaterEverything else on top of FS9 is just icing on the cake and too many to mention after all the years FS9 has been on the market.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This is a difficult one, because there are so many great addons in so many departments. Here is a list of what I think are probably the best packages available to us:Aircraft:Leonardo Maddog: an absolutely true to life simulation experience from a systems point of view. I think its better than any other simulation to date considering the huge amount of detail that is coded in this plane. it is a technical marvel from, start to finish, with quite a nice VC, too.LDS 767: This remains my all-time favorite. It combines great reliability, good performance, nice modeling and good and detailed system simulation. I think it is a must buy. For me it has always been the best allround functining plane. It has always worked for me and its the single plane I can rely on to fly and fly well without all kinds of hiccups. it feels great, it flies great, and I know it will always do just that.PMDG 747: Another great aircraft addon. I love it for its modeling and system simulation. The PMDG 747's exterior is one of my favorite exterior models and I love looking at it doing its approach. Combined with this great exterior comes a very nice VC and, most importantly, some very good systenm simulation. Although I do not think its the best, It is a remarkable piece of software and I highly recommend it.Suprunov Design Yak-40: This is a small Russian regional jetliner. It ahs very good interior and exterior modeling and the systems are top notch. The customizability and extra features are also greta in number and they very much ease learning this aircraft by providing a Engliush translation, for example, of the completely Russian panel.PMDG MD-11: Although I really dislike the exterior model, I think the VC is quite nice and the system simulation is top notch. All in all, I do not tend to recommend this addon; I think their 747 is generally better.PT Tu-154M: A Russian plane, and a magnificent one. The exterior is great, the VC is nice, and the systems are absolutely great. But you know what's best? It is completely FREE!VRS F/A-18: This is without doubt the BEST recreation of a military jet. its better and more functional than any other offering.I have seen many aircraft, some I reviewed here at Avsim, others for other websites. The above list is the list I regard as the best out there, although I should note that I might have forgot about several (also note I only included aircraft that work in FS2004). Of course, the list is very subjective because I hardly fly GA aircraft. Carenado has made some outstanding GA aircraft.Scenery:Aerosoft Sceneries: Sceneries by Aerosoft tenbd to be very good. A word of warning: not all are good! DO read reviews to see what the good and bad points of these sceneries are.FlyTampa sceneries: These are usually of very high quality and return very good performance. I cna recommend them, but be careful. Some of their sceneries are really old by now and don't look as good as their newer sceneries.Extras:AES: AES is a utility that adds all kinds of enhancements for supported airports, like moving jetways, pushback operations. Note that it only works for your own aircraft, though, not for the AI! But, I must confess I hardly fly to airports anymore where I do not have AES.Ground Environment Pro: A package that gives you far nicer ground textures. Highly recommended!Ultimate Terrain: A package that enhances road, rivers and coatlines for a specific region. The region depends on the verison of UT that you buy: Europe, USA or Canada/Alaska. They really enhance FS2004, also by adding night lighting that is truly awesome to see.REX: A package that gives you much enhanced water, sky, clouds, runway, taxiway and light textures. Also adds better wave and light effects. Highly recommended!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest vortex777

For me Add onReal Enviroment 2004 Zinetirk Water Zinertik Night Enviroment FSUIPCPlanes: PMDG 747-400 Captin Sim 757 Ifly 737 Level-d 767 PSS 777For me Add onReal Enviroment 2004 Zinetirk Water Zinertik Night Enviroment FSUIPCPlanes: PMDG 747-400 Captin Sim 757 Ifly 737 Level-d 767 PSS 777

Guest vortex777
This comes up almost every six months!!!!!FSUIPC because without that pretty much nothing else would work!!!In my opinion CIVA comes a close second. It functions exactly as the real INSProbably the most comprehensive and accurate add-on there is!!vololiberista
What is CIVA?

What is CIVA?
The Delco Carousel INS navigation used in second generation jets. VC10, Concorde, 747, etc etc.And in FS it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEwhich is incredible considering its complexity and what it does. Doing away completely with the "need" for GPS.vololiberista

If I have to pick only one, for me it is the 'Project Tupolev Tu-154M'Alternatively the result would be a very long list - there's a lot of great stuff for FS9.

Hard to say, but if thinking of stuff other than aircraft, I'd probably go for either Ernie Alston's Integrated Sim Avionics (because it is so flexible and useful for creating your own more realistic aircraft from fairly light aircraft treatments). If not that, then maybe Flight Keeper, as that too adds a huge amount to aircraft capabilities as well as FS, so it's an invaluable tool.As far as aircraft go, the Supronov Design Yakolev Yak-40 would probably get my vote as the all time winner, as it is spectacularly complex and realistic, has a fantastic manual in both Russian and English, a really great VC, a fab external model, and it eschews the norm in covering an unusual and interesting aircraft that is tough to learn, but is great to fly when you have mastered it. It's not bad value either. But what really swings it, is that it still stands up to pretty much anything that has come out for either FS9 or FSX graphically as well as systems-wise, in spite of being made quite a long time ago. It's a bit heavy on frame rates, but since FS9 has them to spare, it can get away with it. Winner.Having said that there are plenty of other contenders, the PMDG 747 for FS9 was in a different league when it first came out, especially for the realism of its systems, as indeed was their 737NG, which was in many ways the first really decent stab at a realistic airliner for FS. The Aerowork B200 is another possibility, as it too is a very thorough treatment of an aircraft which was years ahead of its time when it first came out.There are a few others in that realistic league too which pushed things at the time, such as the Flight 1 ATR-72, but even some less realistic 'lite' treatments are worthy of recognition, as it is not simply the add-ons that go for full-on realism which deserve recognition. Finding a good balance of features for a lighter rendition of an aircraft for FS is something that takes talent as well, and it is worth remembering that these are often the big sellers which keep the flight sim world rolling along by attracting casual users. Of those lighter treatments, I think the CLS Boeing 747-200/300 is the best, since it offers really great value in working for both FSX and FS9, with a vast number of paint jobs, and both INS and FMC cockpit versions, plus a cracking freighter expansion for it too which has some brilliant ground service vehicles modeled for it. So if not as realistic as the 'big boys', in my opinion it can still stand tall for doing a great job of hitting the target it aims for. A worthy addition to any hangar.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I love the LD 767. And the PMDG 747 is right up there.But for me, I LOVE the Aeroworx B-200 Super King Air more then anything else. Personally I'd rate it one of the most under-rated aircraft add-ons of all. My opinion of course! I just love the fact that an engine is fried if you're not following correct start-up procedures and you need to monitor engine parameters in all phases to avoid engine wear and damage as in real life.Makes flying SOOOO much more enjoyable. And a little more complex which is what I like. Was never a prop fan 'till I used the Aeroworx B-200. Now you can't get me out of it!Jonno.

...Was never a prop fan 'till I used the Aeroworx B-200. Now you can't get me out of it!...
Funny you should mention that one, it seems to be having a bit of a revival, what with a new user forum and all!As Chock mentioned, it was lightyears ahead of its time.I've never fully mastered it over the years, being a sorta Ctrl-E kind of flyer, but every flight is a learning experience, and a real pleasure.I had my first hot start last week, and it made my day...scratch one expensive turbine.It'll stay on my hard drive for years yet.