Sign in to follow this  
albix

Second touch screen monitor

Hello,this is what i wish: have FSX running in full screen view on main monitor and have the FMS displayed on second touch screen monitor. I also wish to be able to use the FMS on second monitor using the touch input.My video card is a BFG GTX 285 OC.Does anyone have experienced this or could anyone give me advice about?

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Guest jahman

No problem at all, that's exacty how the Garmin 5(00) from VR-Insight works: A second touch-screen to a second input on your video card, with a separate USB cable from the touch screen to your PC to send your touch actions as mouse inputs. The GPS-5 setup includes starting FSX, calling-up and then undocking the GPS window, sizing it to the GPS-5 touch monitor size and sliding it over to the touch monitor. The buttons on the GPS-5 device are not wired at all, they just touch the VR-Insight monitor.What you desvribe you want to do is exactly the same, except you will be using a larger monitor, no hardware "buttons", and the FMC instead of the GPS.Cheers,- jahman.

Jahman, thank you so much for the quick answer!I will order the touch screen monitor soon. I understand I will be able to use the FMC of Level-D 767 as well, right?

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.60GHz | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK P8P67 DELUXE | EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ | Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB | Crucial CT1000MX500 1TB | 2 x Western Digital WDC WD40EZRX 4TB | Creative X-Fi Audio Processor | NEC 24WMGX3 MultiSync | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Guest jahman

You're welcome! You should be able to use any software with your touch screen that you use with your mouse. So once you decide on the touch-screen you want to buy, if you want to be really sure, contact the manufacturer of the screen and confirm the touch part of the screen behaves as a standard USB mouse (it should) and you're set.Cheers,- jahman.

Jahman, thank you so much! So nice to have friends on here!Ciao.

Guest jahman

You are welcome! Same here! (Like your DC-3 pic, one of my favourite aircraft...)Cheers,- jahman.

can i ask what touch screen monitor you are using? i am struggling to find a small one for this same purpose.

Jahman I looooove the DC-3 as well!! Those old ladies are my favorite. :Batting Eyelashes: Pledgeface here is the monitor I ordered. http://www.mimomonitors.com/products/imo-pivot-touch I should receive it in the next coming days. Let me try it and will let you know if and how it is working.Cheers.Alberto

No problem at all, that's exacty how the Garmin 5(00) from VR-Insight works:
No its not ;) none of the VRi hardware has touch screens on them, every single button and dial is real and can be programmed through FSUIPC.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest jahman
No its not ;) none of the VRi hardware has touch screens on them, every single button and dial is real and can be programmed through FSUIPC.
Thanks for the correction, I see I misunderstood the information on the VRi web.Cheers,- jahman.

Guest jahman
Jahman I looooove the DC-3 as well!! Those old ladies are my favorite. :Batting Eyelashes: Pledgeface here is the monitor I ordered. http://www.mimomonitors.com/products/imo-pivot-touch I should receive it in the next coming days. Let me try it and will let you know if and how it is working.Cheers.Alberto
Alberto,You might have a problem unrelated to touch-screen with the monitor you selected, as the monitor is video-over-USB and therefore especially unsuited to games (3D DirectX graphics with hardware acceleration), all according to the Mimo FAQ. This is too bad because the monitor looks nice.The DC-3 is a great aircraft and so smooth and predictable to fly: Fly her according to spec and you get a lot of satisfaction, but she is also very unforgiving of poor airmanship, especially when landing on a narrow strip in a crosswind. A particular approach I enjoy to keep my flying skills in shape is a straight-in to RWY 17 at Kernville, CA (L05) (with 5m terrain mesh and 1.2m/Px photoscenery).Cheers,- jahman.

jahman - What a great looking little airport (did some googling about it). Have to install my photo scenery and check 'er out.EDIT - Hey, where did you get the photoreal scenery? Thought I had some but I guess not. Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest jahman

See the links in my post above. :-)Cheers,- jahman.

Sorry folks, have been away for business and couldn't answer.Ok, I got the monitor today and here are the very first impressions:1) the only connection to PC is through the USB cable2) at the moment I am able to run the second monitor only with FS in windowed mode3) haven't configured yet the touchscreen function but using the mouse it is working great.Here is a picture