Sign in to follow this  
Zachh

Qantas Flight QF32

I had no idea it was an acronym...l learn something new every day (three things actually - how to spell Qantas, what Qantas stands for, and how to edit erroneous spelling in a Topic Title - though Vin gets credit for that last one!). Thanks for setting me straight :( Im glad everyone has enjoyed the article. It was too good an item to let sit in my inbox.v/rZach Heinrich
hehe - actually it is Queer And Nasty Try Another Service :)

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I always assumed that the name Qantas was in some way associated with the Qoala Bear and that Longreach was a brand name for the 744 ER'S. -Ken Carlin

"We had a number of checklists to deal with and 43 ECAM messages in the first 60 seconds after the explosion and probably another ten after that." One word, WHOAH!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I always figured it was the sound of a kangaroo jumping or something...
LOL

Didn't know it was an acronym either. I always figured it was the sound of a kangaroo jumping or something...
It actually goes "boing, boing, boing!". Note that this is very similar to "Boeing, Boeing, Boeing!". LOL LOL.gif

Guest acezboy561
Didn't know it was an acronym either. I always figured it was the sound of a kangaroo jumping or something...
LOL! I don't know what to write thats so funny! Haha, let me guess, you think we ride kangaroos to school too Just%20Kidding.gif

LOL! I don't know what to write thats so funny! Haha, let me guess, you think we ride kangaroos to school too Just%20Kidding.gif
Ha! Speaking of Australian Stereotypes...I just completed a two month US Army training course...as part of the curriculum, we had to write a battle analysis paper. An Australian Army Captain (there as part of a student exchange program) beat us all and took the prize for best paper...the prize was a very large knife...To quote Mick from Crocodile Dundee..."That's not a knife...this is a knife".I love that movie (not sure what Australia's take on the series is though...) Just%20Kidding.gif .v/rZach Heinrich

You better not... or it will be off with your head! Just%20Kidding.gif Q= QueenslandA= andN= NorthernT= TerriotryA= AerialS= Services
You spelt territory wrong is that worse than spelling qantas wrong!! :(

Guest acezboy561
You spelt territory wrong is that worse than spelling qantas wrong!! :(
Oo, sorry :( Territory isn't an ancronym. So no, it isn't worse :(

hehe - actually it is Queer And Nasty Try Another Service :)
Or Queens And Nymphomaniacs Travelling As Stewards! :biggrin:Iain Smith

No offense, but it really annoys me when pople spell QANTAS wrong, its like spelling United - YOUNITED.
Or like spelling people like "pople" Raised%20Eyebrow.gifNo offence either.Stefan Keller

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Ha! Speaking of Australian Stereotypes...I just completed a two month US Army training course...as part of the curriculum, we had to write a battle analysis paper. An Australian Army Captain (there as part of a student exchange program) beat us all and took the prize for best paper...the prize was a very large knife...To quote Mick from Crocodile Dundee..."That's not a knife...this is a knife".I love that movie (not sure what Australia's take on the series is though...) Just%20Kidding.gif .v/rZach Heinrich
Those movies were very much made to appeal to American audiences. As for the quip that "a barramundi's a bloody big fish", that's true. But not so big you need a .22 rifle to catch them. A simple fishing rod will suffice! Did you know Paul Hogan started out working as a maintenance worker on the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

Guest acezboy561
Or like spelling people like "pople" Raised%20Eyebrow.gifNo offence either.Stefan Keller
Now thats just embrassing :(