Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

B767 Doors

There are five 'door toggles' in the cockpit, but are they all supposed to work? The only two that do anything are the top one, which opens the front pax door, and the fourth one, which opens the front cargo door (albeit slowly - even slower to close again!). The 2nd, 3rd. and last don't seem to activate anything, even though they change to a 'yellow' open when you click on them.Can't see any mapping for 'doors' in the Level-D onscreen menu... Anyone got the rear pax and rear cargo doors to open? The Shift+E+1 (or was it +2)? does work for the rear cargo door, but nothing I tried opens the rear pax door. Is it supposed to (if not what do the door switches in the cockpit do?)Thanks,Martin

Hey Daryl, do you happen to know any place that martinlest2 could go to get official support?

here, as the link:http://www.leveldsim.com/forumsbut I sometimes use these forums instead..

but I sometimes use these forums instead..
And I am sure you regret it everytime. Nothing like a bunch of sarcastic remarks when asking for help to make one look forward to their next Level D purchase.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Oh, Scott. The self-designated avenging angel of sim-forums...
Every time I come to this subforum tempted to buy the LvlD-767, I read all the sarcastic, insulting comments directed to paying customers, instantly change my mind and go back to waiting for the NGX to be released. Others might feel differently about this, but when I witness attitude such as this I wouldn't want to talk to the person in question, much less add to their income...

Sorry you feel that way. The sarcasm is a natural outcome of being verbally whiplashed for offering the link to the official support forum.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

I don't want to say too much, but as it was my post...After the way I've been spoken to on the official forum by Lvl-D 'staff' in the past, is it any wonder I post here at AVSIM instead. Certainly not alone in this - had several private emails from other Level-D users about the rudeness of 'official' replies on the official forum. We did pay for this a/c after all..That said, be a great shame if any of that put you off buying the 767 - it is a great a/c. I love it to bits...Martin

Is is possible that DShutt believes that LevelD customers are mistaken or misguided in coming to this forum and need his help to be guided to the "proper" place? Surely not - after all his years of avidly patrolling this free, unofficial, speak-as-thy-please space he must have twigged that people come here because they want to.That this unofficial forum exists at all is a testament to the need for an alternative to the official 767 forum - at least for some people.

Then perhaps Level D can request the title of this forum be renamed as "The PIC 767 Unofficial Forum."I have provided the link to the "Official" forum to those who come asking about the Level D 767. I think it is a slap in the face to registered owners like ourselves that anyone provide answers to what is obviously at times a person that does not have a paid/registered version of the Level D 767.Further to that Daryl has asked people to refrain from providing help here at the "Unofficial" forum and just because they have felt that they have been treated badly go ahead and provide assistance anyway.If you have a concern then address it with the people in charge over at Level D/Flight 1 and I respectfully ask that those of you who have provided help with the Level D 767 to stop doing so in this forum.If you have bone to pick with Daryl then take it to the PM's and stop airing your dirty laundry here in this forum.Sincerely,Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

"If you have a concern then address it with the people in charge over at Level D/Flight 1 and I respectfully ask that those of you who have provided help with the Level D 767 to stop doing so in this forum." I was going to put this one to bed but you really have hit a cupla nails on the head here. There are many paying customers - myself included - who have tried to raise issues at the official forum and have been disrespected or quite simply deleted. The LevelD forum does not welcome dissention or criticism, and the finger-wagging "Mummy knows best" attitude from moderators and many forum contibutors is offensive to many and - according to posts here and in other forums a precursor to having your posts deleted. I repeat that the fact that this unofficial forum still exists is because many paying customers feel more comfortable here that at the official site: to muzzle this space would be a very bad thing indeed. It would be a good thing for many posters at the official forum to remember that they ae pretending to be pilots, flying pretend planes on a computer - and perhaps could lighten up a bit: they might know a very great deal about the 767 and but it is at the end of the day just a toy. There exist a number of forums for much newer and more advanced products that are open-minded, lively and - in the case of a recent 737 - openly welcome criticism and produce patches and corrections quickly and with pleasure: my memoru of the LevelD attitude is that "This aircraft is perfect and how dar you suggest otherwise" The long~standing resistance to providing a winglets version is a case in point. Thats it from me - until the next time I see somebody here being disrespected. Oh - and I have no issues with DShutt and I hardly think "avidly patrolling" is a criticism. First Julian Assange and now independantly-minded flightsimmers. What is the wold coming to?

"If you have a concern then address it with the people in charge over at Level D/Flight 1 and I respectfully ask that those of you who have provided help with the Level D 767 to stop doing so in this forum." I was going to put this one to bed but you really have hit a cupla nails on the head here. There are many paying customers - myself included - who have tried to raise issues at the official forum and have been disrespected or quite simply deleted. The LevelD forum does not welcome dissention or criticism, and the finger-wagging "Mummy knows best" attitude from moderators and many forum contibutors is offensive to many and - according to posts here and in other forums a precursor to having your posts deleted. I repeat that the fact that this unofficial forum still exists is because many paying customers feel more comfortable here that at the official site: to muzzle this space would be a very bad thing indeed. It would be a good thing for many posters at the official forum to remember that they ae pretending to be pilots, flying pretend planes on a computer - and perhaps could lighten up a bit: they might know a very great deal about the 767 and but it is at the end of the day just a toy. There exist a number of forums for much newer and more advanced products that are open-minded, lively and - in the case of a recent 737 - openly welcome criticism and produce patches and corrections quickly and with pleasure: my memoru of the LevelD attitude is that "This aircraft is perfect and how dar you suggest otherwise" The long~standing resistance to providing a winglets version is a case in point. Thats it from me - until the next time I see somebody here being disrespected. Oh - and I have no issues with DShutt and I hardly think "avidly patrolling" is a criticism. First Julian Assange and now independantly-minded flightsimmers. What is the wold coming to?
There isn't any right to free speech at any forum including AVSIM. Moderators will edit/delete any message that do not conform to their rules. I have a mere 51 post's at the Level D forum, I have asked a few questions (after searching for an answer) and have then posted if I needed further clarification.Having had a quick read of the post's I cannot see anything that I would call as being questionable conduct on behalf of Flight 1. There are 2 sides to every story I'm afraid, I will tell you that I have had many pleasant exchanges at many forums and have had good dealings with add on companies over the last 10 years. Those that I have not will continue to not receive any financing from me, plain and simple. If you do not like the conduct of an individual or the company vote with your pocketbook.If I feel that someone has been disrespected then I use the Report button. That is all I am going to say regarding this topic.

\Robert Hamlich/