Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

Orbx and PMDG...

PMDG and Orbx working together!! WOW,Two of my favorite developers/products!! I am REALLY looking forward to 2011!!! Great News!!Big%20Grin.gif

Maybe they'll be distributing Orbx scenery DVD's to Best Buy and other retail stores... I recently found VRS F18 in BB - on the back it said something about PMDG being the distributor.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not sure it is good,I love Orbx, but...... when PMDG have "coming 2010" and "coming soon" and we all know PMDG did not even bring us the 737 in the year they said they would ("737ngx coming summmer and 777 by end of year"). I dont want Orbx like this thx.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

That's also a good idea.I'd like to see my MD11 in ORBX colours, but i think that that's not the main point they are going to do.But one thing needs to get mentioned: This is really beautiful, the best Aircraft and the best Scenery developers are working togeather. That can't give a bad result :(

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Not sure it is good,I love Orbx, but...... when PMDG have "coming 2010" and "coming soon" and we all know PMDG did not even bring us the 737 in the year they said they would ("737ngx coming summmer and 777 by end of year"). I dont want Orbx like this thx.
Oh dont start this crap... Seriously???It will be done when its done...

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Hi all, just to add another spoke in the wheel, as Aerosoft are the European partners of PMDG maybe their wanting ORBX to be the southern hemisphere distributor of their products. richard welsh

I wouldn't be surprised if Orbx is designing some RNT/BFI/PAE scenery to be packaged with the 737/777. It would parallel their PNW development. Of course, I'm probably completely wrong but it's fun to speculate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orbx is designing some RNT/BFI/PAE scenery to be packaged with the 737/777. It would parallel their PNW development. Of course, I'm probably completely wrong but it's fun to speculate.
YES!!! Oolala! That would be fantastic. Although that is probably not what theyre doing, it would be fantastic.

I think if I hear "It will be done when its done" one more time, I will throw up on my keyboard.

I love this idea also!!! Although my frame rates plunge to sub-levels in this area due to Seattle being modeled so well.:( Since Orbx released their first Aicraft this yr,Maybe they're working together on a turboprop or light jet for FSX or the upcoming Flight from MS?Ahhh,endless Dreams and speculation!!Big%20Grin.gif

I think if I hear "It will be done when its done" one more time, I will throw up on my keyboard.
Could not agree more Jim ......

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I don't believe it is something you can compare that easily, of course I wont say making a scenery is not a lot of work, but it doesnt goes to anywhere close to making an aircraft in terms of complexity where after all the visible part is only the tip of the iceberg, while on a scenery the graphics are the main point of attention. So of course it is I believe much more easy to tell where you are on a scenery than on a complex product like the 737. I'd rather have them release a bit later than anticipated an get something completed and working out of the box (or the download) than they rush the release and then you wait for patches to have what you wanted in the beginning. The prouct being licensed too I guess there is also a lot of back and forth with the people at boeing to validate things which must also add a lot to the time required.