Sign in to follow this  
yankeeromeo

Repaints

Hello Folks,Sound maybe too early but any new repaints forcasted for this bird, N and C nbr ?Cheers to all.

I'd love to do a lot of repaints for Carenado's planes, but their inability to supply a decent paint kit has turned many repainters away from their projects...Perhaps one day we'll get one out of them.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

I also don't understand their method of mapping. They could easily combine their 2048 textures into a single 4096 and have the fuselage be continuous. It would be so much easier to paint if it weren't chopped up. Of course this isn't a huge deal for someone painting off the source model, but it is too time consuming and frustrating having to reload FSX every time I want to see the paint.Maybe someday they'll be more repaint friendly. The C340 was a step in the right direction in many aspects.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I also don't understand their method of mapping. They could easily combine their 2048 textures into a single 4096 and have the fuselage be continuous. It would be so much easier to paint if it weren't chopped up. Of course this isn't a huge deal for someone painting off the source model, but it is too time consuming and frustrating having to reload FSX every time I want to see the paint.Maybe someday they'll be more repaint friendly. The C340 was a step in the right direction in many aspects.
HUH?..........caraaba.jpgFS RepaintFS Repaint......Best money you'll ever spend!Jeff

Jeff, or Cody... FS Repaint doesn't come close to doing what I can do in Paint Shop Pro, with a properly layered paint kit.As it stands right now, Carenado has shadows, rivets, weathering, etc.... all in one layer. Sure, I could spend hours with the magic wand separating all of this stuff and creating new layers, but honestly who the heck would want to do that? Except maybe those OZX guys that seem to love repainting Carenado planes... perhaps they've been given special access to a proper paintkit even, who knows...And Kiwi, as far as I have been using FSX, I just select a hot key for "Reload User Aircraft" and everytime I push the key, it reloads the airplane, textures and all, in just a few seconds.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Jeff, or Cody... FS Repaint doesn't come close to doing what I can do in Paint Shop Pro, with a properly layered paint kit.As it stands right now, Carenado has shadows, rivets, weathering, etc.... all in one layer. Sure, I could spend hours with the magic wand separating all of this stuff and creating new layers, but honestly who the heck would want to do that? Except maybe those OZX guys that seem to love repainting Carenado planes... perhaps they've been given special access to a proper paintkit even, who knows...And Kiwi, as far as I have been using FSX, I just select a hot key for "Reload User Aircraft" and everytime I push the key, it reloads the airplane, textures and all, in just a few seconds.
Naw....What I use FS Repaint for is to not have to open FSX to see where I am at on repaint!I have/use Photo Shop for painting...And have FS Repaint open at the same time....Paint...save...look at it in FS Repaint..repeat...until done.... :Big Grin:I remember seeing something a while back when the HD interior textures where being done by some one at OZ? One of the threads showed a a paint job in progress and you could see the "UV/Mesh" layer in the pic...so yeah I think they are privy too the good stuff!Painting Carenado isn't hard, just time consuming.Jeff

Hi John,Stopped by to read some threads and noticed the link you posted does not work. Is there another one? EDIT: Never mind. The link works now for some reason. That's really weird.Warm regards, Jeff

That's a fine looking paint. Will it be available soon?

Have you seen my video on painting non-paintkit planes like the Carenado birds? It's actually not that hard to produce a really nice result without starting w/layers. http://iblueyonder.com/no-layered-paint-kit-no-problem/

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi Bill,I did have a quick question. The stripes that you brought into photoshop in your tutorial, where did they come from? Did you create that from scratch first? That is the part I wanted to know about so I can then follow the directions to apply something like that to the plane. I have been really wanting to paint some AC, but all the tutorials I see show part of the work done already and that's the part I need to learn first before proceeding if that makes any sense. Thanks in advance. :)Warm regards, Jeff

Hi Bill,I did have a quick question. The stripes that you brought into photoshop in your tutorial, where did they come from? Did you create that from scratch first? That is the part I wanted to know about so I can then follow the directions to apply something like that to the plane. I have been really wanting to paint some AC, but all the tutorials I see show part of the work done already and that's the part I need to learn first before proceeding if that makes any sense. Thanks in advance. :)Warm regards, Jeff
Yes, I created those first on their own layer in my master template. I might be able to do a tutorial for that kind of work too at some point.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Thanks Bill for your reply. That would be great if you could do that as I have no idea how to create stripes at all. I do graphics in photoshop now for video production purposes and can do almost anything with images, but as far as aircraft repainting, I am lost where to start. Is there any tutorials out there now on how to make stripes and such that you are aware of? I am anxious now to repaint some of my aircraft inventory! Thanks again! :)Warm regards, Jeff

great video Bill!It's funny, I've just finished a series of paints for the carenado V-tail, but I've done it in the opposite way. I have my paint below the base textures, and then multiply the white textures. That way the colors turn out just perfect, no adjustments needed. It seems there are more ways to skin a cat...

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

Thanks Bill for your reply. That would be great if you could do that as I have no idea how to create stripes at all. I do graphics in photoshop now for video production purposes and can do almost anything with images, but as far as aircraft repainting, I am lost where to start. Is there any tutorials out there now on how to make stripes and such that you are aware of? I am anxious now to repaint some of my aircraft inventory! Thanks again! :)
Mess with the pen tool! There's a ton of tutorials online for it if you've never used it before.It is easily one of the most powerful (and probably most useful) tools in Photoshop.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png