Sign in to follow this  
mabe54

Wow!

That was not fun for passengers.Cheers,MAB
It took him forever to rotate. What if he had to abort? Must have been one heck of long runway.

Lot's of rain means less lift. Looks like the spoilers were up but there are not. He has the ailerons to the right to compensate for the crosswind. The increase drag from that doesn't help either.

Matthew Kane

Lot's of rain means less lift. Looks like the spoilers were up but there are not. He has the ailerons to the right to compensate for the crosswind. The increase drag from that doesn't help either.
The rain had no effect on the aircraft's VR speed, also into the wind aileron will have almost zero affect. Rain only affects the V1 stop distance not the the take off run itself. I doubt they we're using a assumed temp in those conditions, it looks like they just had a high gross weight.

Rob Prest

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
That was not fun for passengers.Cheers,MAB
Thanks for the video, but what wasn't so fun about it? If aircraft couldn't fly through rain it would be a pretty dangerous way to travel. In fact what you are seeing is a take off in wet weather. Nothing unusual.The video on youtube named 'crazy dangerous takeoff' is not only stupid but just designed to pull in some viewers, thats all.A crazy take off I haven't seen, but I saw a crazy landing (or on landing roll) in Japan on youtube. Have a look. It is in a simulator! Its a travel company.At the moment youtube is down on my end so i cannot search.

Thanks for the video, but what wasn't so fun about it? If aircraft couldn't fly through rain it would be a pretty dangerous way to travel. In fact what you are seeing is a take off in wet weather. Nothing unusual.
I tend to agree, calling this vid a 'crazy dangerous takeoff' is nothing but serious.However the gust is severe at V1 and the wind suddenly changes heading during the rotation, which is not a very comfortable situation for the crew, but nothing here can be called crazy or even dangerous.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yes there are lots of fake titles on Youtube "Dangerous" "scary" including fake crashes! etc etc when they are largely normal flights.This pilot obviously had a lower than normal V1 to account for the wet rwy therefore having to commit early. Also he has set his trim to compensate for the crossind and immediately after take off it appears a bit bumpy. However, that's more likely to be the video taker's camera shake! It is quite normal also for a long take-off run especially when you are close to at at AUW.vololiberista

However the gust is severe at V1 and the wind suddenly changes heading during the rotation, which is not a very comfortable situation for the crew, but nothing here can be called crazy or even dangerous.
Yes, but it can be called scary.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, but it can be called scary.
If one is new to flying in the weather, sure, why not!Scary is taking off with scuzzy low weather in a single engine a/c. I'd call the OP video "interesting". :(

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

If one is new to flying in the weather, sure, why not!Scary is taking off with scuzzy low weather in a single engine a/c. I'd call the OP video "interesting". :(
You should work to the TCAS definitions:-Open diamond=of passing interestopaque diamond=Interesting enoughYellow body=could be interestingred body=mildly interestingIgnoring TCAS commands=should have been interestingWhat's left after ingoring TCAS commands=Possibly scaryvololiberista

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
It took him forever to rotate. What if he had to abort? Must have been one heck of long runway.
Yes that is a special runway. 7km long. Just for that flight.