Sign in to follow this  
Pramod

Clearance & Taxiways

I am using RC4.3 with latest registered FSUIPC. My question is - when I get clearance for taxiing to the runway, ATC tells me the active runway, and direction/distance from my current position, but does not instruct which taxiways to follow. So, can I taxi using taxiways of my choice???? Is this how done in real life? Then how do you avoid collisions on taxiways?Any guidance would be appreciated.

I am using RC4.3 with latest registered FSUIPC. My question is - when I get clearance for taxiing to the runway, ATC tells me the active runway, and direction/distance from my current position, but does not instruct which taxiways to follow. So, can I taxi using taxiways of my choice???? Is this how done in real life? Then how do you avoid collisions on taxiways?Any guidance would be appreciated.
at this time, there isn't a progressive taxi feature. you can print a map of the airport, and navigate that way. if you turn crash detection off, i believe the ai will notice you and avoid/stop for you.jd

at this time, there isn't a progressive taxi feature. you can print a map of the airport, and navigate that way. if you turn crash detection off, i believe the ai will notice you and avoid/stop for you.jd
Well, that's not very good. Having spent so much money, I get a product that does not have some basic features!!!! I am really disappointed.I would strongly (very) suggest that before working on any new fancy features, the development team should first work on this feature. I wonder as to what your "real" pilots and ATC team members had to say about this real world feature???Again - I am really disappointed.Pramod

OUCH dude!! RC is the ATC program of choice and has been for several years. To each his own I guess.

Well, that's not very good. Having spent so much money, I get a product that does not have some basic features!!!! I am really disappointed.I would strongly (very) suggest that before working on any new fancy features, the development team should first work on this feature. I wonder as to what your "real" pilots and ATC team members had to say about this real world feature???Again - I am really disappointed.Pramod
why don't you send me an email, and i'll send you a refund. if progressive taxi is the deciding factor for you, then there is no need for you to be disappointed.and i am the development team.at the time, taxiway information wasn't available, so no programmer could have given you the information. so the "real" pilots and controllers accepted the fact that without the data, taxi instructions couldn't be given. jd

why don't you send me an email, and i'll send you a refund. if progressive taxi is the deciding factor for you, then there is no need for you to be disappointed.and i am the development team.at the time, taxiway information wasn't available, so no programmer could have given you the information. so the "real" pilots and controllers accepted the fact that without the data, taxi instructions couldn't be given. jd
jd,I was not talking about the "progressive taxi", I know that is specific to MS flightsimulator and is not a real world thing. What I am talking about is the ATC giving me the taxiing route alongwith the runway number.And I am not looking for getting my money back. All I am saying is that this is something that needs to be addressed, at least in the next version - unless it is technically impossible to do.Pramod

jd,I was not talking about the "progressive taxi", I know that is specific to MS flightsimulator and is not a real world thing. What I am talking about is the ATC giving me the taxiing route alongwith the runway number.And I am not looking for getting my money back. All I am saying is that this is something that needs to be addressed, at least in the next version - unless it is technically impossible to do.Pramod
Actually progressive taxi does exists in the real world.

You would think a person considering a software product that is download only, and an add on to your program, you would do a little research and investigation into what it does and doesn't provide as far as features. I spend a lot of time surfing Forums and review sites before laying out hard earned cash. You shouldn't buy a program, make a complaint, then suggest to the developer to make changes to the software so you can get what wasn't promised in the first place.Jim K, Greenville NC

Harsh or what?I understand from reading forums et c. about the product that the next version will have a revamped taxi instruction.However, if true-to-life is what you are after, why are you messing about with MSFS on your desktop?Regards,D

It is actually!!!! London Heathrow since its inception the ATC controllers say "Follow the Greens" for every a/c the taxiway lighting is switchable including red stop bars where a/c have to wait for passing traffic.vololiberista

Hi just to add my thoughts on this thread when using the default atc in fsx it gives u the taxi ways directions to the active rwy, so i dont know how difficult it will be in feature in the new version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It's coming in v5...as it says in these forums.
I realy do think RC4 is a terriffic piece software, but it will be nice to see this feature added. I must admit i have lost my way a couple of times (or so) :(

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I realy do think RC4 is a terriffic piece software, but it will be nice to see this feature added. I must admit i have lost my way a couple of times (or so) :(
What I do is load a flight plan in MSFS and ask for IFR clearance through MSFS (that way I can get a clearance even if it's IFR). Once I get my clearance for MSFS, I get my clearance from Radar Contact with the squawk code, etc. I then contact MSFS ground for taxi clearance to the runway (ask for the one you want). Once I get that, I can follow MSFS guidance or use the "follow me" truck I downloaded. Before I move though, I ask for taxi clearance from Radar Contact (make sure you ask for the same runway MSFS gave you. At the runway, get clearance to takeoff from MSFS, then from Radar Contact. Once your in the air, MSFS ATC will forget about you as you fly. RC will take over.In a nutshell, call MSFS on the ground first so you can get your ground clearance and taxi so you can follow it if you so desire.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

What I do is load a flight plan in MSFS and ask for IFR clearance through MSFS (that way I can get a clearance even if it's IFR). Once I get my clearance for MSFS, I get my clearance from Radar Contact with the squawk code, etc. I then contact MSFS ground for taxi clearance to the runway (ask for the one you want). Once I get that, I can follow MSFS guidance or use the "follow me" truck I downloaded. Before I move though, I ask for taxi clearance from Radar Contact (make sure you ask for the same runway MSFS gave you. At the runway, get clearance to takeoff from MSFS, then from Radar Contact. Once your in the air, MSFS ATC will forget about you as you fly. RC will take over.In a nutshell, call MSFS on the ground first so you can get your ground clearance and taxi so you can follow it if you so desire.
I found this great little addon called 'Airport GPS' by DBS Studios. It shows you a route right to your runway and to the gate of your choice when you land (Because RC4 doesn't give you a gate at the other end either) And its very reasonably priced!

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg