Sign in to follow this  
alcav55

FSX CRASHES WHEN USING MENUS

Hi all , Firstly let me say How pleased I am that this post has produced some happiness for someone namely Mitch . It must have been very frustrating for you Mitch to have suffered crashes for such a long time . I have only just started to use fsx Vista, and already I am miffed off by it . Tell me though Are you using Vista Or Windows seven ? Does this cure work for vista ? Or is it for windows seven only . My regards ................Alan

Yes, our Mitch is fantastic!Sorry, is fantastic!! :(
Hi David; Yes - Mitch is Fantastic! - BUT...(don't tell him) - it was his post some two years ago that pinned this problem to the UIAutomation.dll!HE is the guy that first mentioned it on this forum!!! LOL.gif :( Here!http://forum.avsim.net/topic/279225-three-things-i-did-to-rid-computer-of-fsx-freezehang/page__p__1734636__hl__mitch__fromsearch__1#entry1734636I take no credit whatsoever!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi David; Yes - Mitch is Fantastic! - BUT...(don't tell him) - it was his post some two years ago that pinned this problem to the UIAutomation.dll!HE is the guy that first mentioned it on this forum!!! LOL.gif :( Here!http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry1734636I take no credit whatsoever!
--------------------------------------------------------Hi Paul, LOL!Yes...I was the chap that came up with the idea it seems,.....BUT....I had NOT found obviously the 'right' version of the .dll to put inside the root folder. I had no crashes and freeze-ups for a short time after that origianl post, but then perhaps some added scenery or plane load put an end to that. I still had crash and CTD failures then on. When having read your post the other day, and then having tried your version suggestion, did they FINALLY get the heck outta Dodge......You can only imagine my extreme pleasure in being able to fly for 3 hours and do ANYTHING I want with FSX and not suffer a CTD or animation freeze-up. I was really starting to despair that all my money spent on FSX to date was going to end up futile. Not now! That version works beautifully with Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate (fully up to date) and every one of my planes, FTX's, UTX's all the 'X's......LOL! I look forward to firing it up now. It ends...when I want it to..and not somewhere down the flight line!Cheers,Mitch'er

Happy to hear it, Man! Life's not good with you bein' sad! Now you need to go and get the A2A AccuSimm'd Spitfire for more fun!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi all , Firstly let me say How pleased I am that this post has produced some happiness for someone namely Mitch . It must have been very frustrating for you Mitch to have suffered crashes for such a long time . I have only just started to use fsx Vista, and already I am miffed off by it . Tell me though Are you using Vista Or Windows seven ? Does this cure work for vista ? Or is it for windows seven only . My regards ................Alan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Alan,Well...here's the story about a man named, Jed....I first bought and ran FSX on a machine running 32 bit Windows XP Pro. From the time (until that one piece of software and or combination of....) of that initial installation, it ran without ever crashing to desktop or that DREADED animation freeze and hang up. If you are new to FSX, this occurrence is when for apparently no reason, your animation upon the screen freezes up with only the sound of the sim still running. You don't CTD with this..but just hang. Most end up closing down FSX, but some try to wait it out, and again, most strangely...FSX will start of itself and carry on the flight, some 10-15 minutes later. This might not happen again in your FSX session, or can happen at anytime beyond the first episode.As you can see, this destroys the session for you.Well, as Paul stated I had tried many different things the day my first CTD and freeze-up came upon me some two years ago. It was this version though of the file I decided to try putting into my root folder of FSX which overwrote the version I had been using for the last two or so years..... that FINALLY lifted the FSX CTD/Freeze-Up 'curse'.So...hence the Woopah Dance and Paul getting a cold beer for posting the successful version and where to download it.So to answer your question:I am running FSX Premium on a Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate (fully brought up to date via M.S. update site) O.S. and have most of the add-on goodies in planes and scenery that you see most of the long-time posters also have. Yesterday's adding of this version I mention as of having done, has brought a fully loaded FSX back to behaving as it should. I can access menu's, switch planes in and out (not that you normally would, though....) and load up past saved flights with no dumping to the Desktop as FSX tries to load in the files, etc. I flew from Olympia, Washington, to Oakland, California in the Quest Kodiak as one of my post-install test flights and it went beautifully from leaving the runway to setting down upon that distant one hours later! After landing, I loaded up a Caribbean island saved flight and took THAT for an hour or two beyond my Whoopa Post Dance post. This version 6.0.6001.18000 of the UIAutomationCore.dll did the final fix.It works for W7 Ultimate. I can vouchsafe for that! Hours of post uninterrupted flight says it all!I'm sure that it will also work for Vista as well. What really surprised me, was the fact that how critical it seems, that you have to have the 'right' version of the UIAutomationCore.dll to end the CTD and Freeze-up issues. I had a version different to the one Paul had found and tried that was all-in-all not the final solution to this FSX occurrence. The 6.0.6001.18000 is the one to have in your root folder of FSX. Try it...and you might join in a round of the Whoopah Dance yourself....Cheers,Mitch

Happy to hear it, Man! Life's not good with you bein' sad! Now you need to go and get the A2A AccuSimm'd Spitfire for more fun!
Hey Paul...if I could run that in M.S. combat simulator...then that would be fun! LOLIt looks though to be a winner for sure.What I am waiting for...is Real Air's Turbine Duke. That is looking really good!http://realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=comingBTW, Your in-root folder version second day running is making FSX run without fault. I wonder though how many versions of this .dll file is floating around the Net?!?!? How frustrating to find that I had the right approach and file all along...but that the VERSION of it was also so critical to alleviating the FSX symptoms!Mitch
Yes, our Mitch is fantastic!Sorry, is fantastic!!:(
---------------------------------------Yeah, yeah, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....LOL! Big%20Grin.gif "You funnin' me, Boy?!?" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! David, as you can see with my personality in play...when something works....I let everybody know it...and let 'er rip! LOL!Have a great day, and flight!Mitch'er

The Turbine Duke is ready in the near future?- I´ll gonna buy it right away, had been very impressed from the "normal" Duke, but the Turbine version will be awesome - no doubt!

Good morning I am kinda new to this problem but last November I upgraded to Win 7 64 bit from XP 32 and this problem kept coming up. At firstI thought I was doing something wrong but after alot of frustration I started to search online and found this wonderful thread.Now I looked through my entire FSX file and could not even find anything labeled "UIAutomationCore.dll"Since I am a complete computer moron I just want to ask one question?All I have to do to find FSX happiness is to download that file from either Vista UIAutomationCore.dll:-http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w -- OR --http://www.corrupted...Corporation.aspversion 6.0.6001.18000 but what happens if I have I never had VISTA I went from XP 32 to Win 7 64?thanks for anyones help in advanceIan Snow

well I'm in the same boat; however, mine still hangs - it seems eventually.here are my specs:i7-930 o/c 4.3GhzASUS P6TD Deluxe mobo6 gigs DDR3 ramEVGA GTX 470640 Gig HD at 7200 rpm150 Gig HD at 10,000 rpmcreative Xfi soundblaster cardFSX w/sp2Win 7 64bit home premiumI also have UAC off, updates off, etc I do run MS security center in the background... I'm wondering now if that might be the problem ... I used to run the free version of AVGI also have the automationcore.dll 1.6 .... version in as well - true it doesn't hang when I'm trying to access menus, oh.. Im running nvidia inspector 1.9.95 or whatever the latest version is and I have that at AA-MODE-METHOD-SUPERVCAA-64X-4V12sometimes when it hangs, I get an error message saying that the software requires smartassembly to be installed.. whatever that means.anyone?thanksBrian S

Ciao!

Smartassembly is a part of .NET packages. So my tip would be that you reinstally all .NET packages you need.

Good morning I am kinda new to this problem but last November I upgraded to Win 7 64 bit from XP 32 and this problem kept coming up. At firstI thought I was doing something wrong but after alot of frustration I started to search online and found this wonderful thread.Now I looked through my entire FSX file and could not even find anything labeled "UIAutomationCore.dll" Since I am a complete computer moron I just want to ask one question?All I have to do to find FSX happiness is to download that file from either Vista UIAutomationCore.dll:-http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w -- OR --http://www.corrupted...Corporation.aspversion 6.0.6001.18000 but what happens if I have I never had VISTA I went from XP 32 to Win 7 64? thanks for anyones help in advance Ian Snow
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I tried both version of the .dll and neither worked for me. I upgraded from XP 32 to Win 7 64 and I am getting all those black screens and flickers, etc. whenever I return from a menu back to the sim. I never even had that .dll in my FS folder to begin with until I put one on there tonight. Is this because I went from XP to Win 7? Thanks, Chris

You can't "upgrade" from XP to 7, so you must have done something else. Regardless, UIAutomation is some MS idea for the OS. I guess the idea is to allow application developers to use "assistive" technology for impaired users. For example, if someone can't use a mouse to click on menus, maybe they use speech to text. The hooks that UIAutomation uses probably are heavily influenced by various user options in your install of 7. At any rate the theory is that the version of UIAutomation in Vista can fix problems experienced in FSX. By placing the UIAutomationcore.dll from Vista in the FSX folder, FSX will load that vice the 7 version in windows\system32 when it starts up. scott s..

I guess technically I did not "upgrade" to Win 7. I only meant it was an upgrade in that it was supposed to be a better system for FSX in that it is 64 bit and the PMDG 737 needs this to run well. So in this sense for me it would be seen as a "step up" from Win XP. In reality what I did was reformat the hard drive and start from scratch when I went from XP to Win 7 64. Either way, the UIAutomation that worked for all of you did not work for me. sad.png Chris

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/UIAutomationCore.place_in_fsx_root.dllThis is the version to use, Dragon: just rename it and follow the built-in instruction!