Sign in to follow this  
Fallap

Becomming an aircraft mechanic

Now that we have the "How to become a pilot" which I found to be an interesting read.I'm gonna ask you how to become a good aircraft mechanic, and good at it.Just to clarify; I'm already accepted into the first stage of the 'training' I've been accepted into TEC Aviation, 3 months "basic training" in terms of being an aircraft mechanic. Hopefully I can get a spot at SAS Scandinavian Airlines System when I finish at TEC Aviation.But does anyone here have hints & tips? I would appreciate it very much.- Philip from Hong Kong airport.

But does anyone here have hints & tips? I would appreciate it very much.
A decent set of spanners and a liking to be covered in oil is a good start :(

*Takes notes* Also, I just read in an airline magazine that an Air Canada flight (I think it was) had to make an emergency-landing, because the captain spilled his coffee in the instruments.How do you fix that?

Now that we have the "How to become a pilot" which I found to be an interesting read.
Now I am just waiting for the following sequels. :( How to become an Air Traffic Controller?How to become a Flight Attendant?How to become a Flight Instructor?How to become an NTSB Crash Investigator?How to become a Helicopter Pilot?How to become a Charter Pilot?How to become an Avionics Technician?How to become an Astronaut?How to become a Baggage Handler?Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't know about Sweden,but in the USA I worked nights weekends, holidays, for low pay, in extreme weather conditions with high responsibilitys.I found out that there are ways to make more money, with less effort, still using tools.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Now I am just waiting for the following sequels. :( How to become an Air Traffic Controller?How to become a Flight Attendant?How to become a Flight Instructor?How to become an NTSB Crash Investigator?How to become a Helicopter Pilot?How to become a Charter Pilot?How to become an Avionics Technician?How to become an Astronaut?How to become a Baggage Handler?Sean Campbell
Sean, If you need any tips on becoming a baggage handler I've got you covered. I've been one for the last 32 years.

NAX669.png

Sean, If you need any tips on becoming a baggage handler I've got you covered. I've been one for the last 32 years.
LOL, really? 32 years as a "bag smasher", lolI just now noticed your at DFW. I can't imagine being on the ramp at DFW during the horrible summer months here in Dallas. I can only imagine how much water/gatorade you must drink each day doing that. BTW, my ex-boss lives in Grapevine. Been out to his place a few times off of Dove and Northwest Hwy. His wife is also based out of DFW. She's been a flight attendant with Delta for around 20 years or so.Sean Campbell

Sean, I spent the first 24 years of my career working in Cleveland.I'd much rather work in the heat than in the snow and cold.

NAX669.png

Sean, I spent the first 24 years of my career working in Cleveland.I'd much rather work in the heat than in the snow and cold.
Yeah, I agree. Although I have never lived in a cold area like that, after the last few really cold and snowy winters here in the Dallas area, I would rather roast than freeze, that's for sure.Sean Campbell

"Now that we have the "How to become a pilot" which I found to be an interesting read."I guess I'l take credit for that biggrin.gifI also like to know the opinion of others and although people can get quite annoyed as I've just read in the newest "How to", It says google it. That's rubbish, I like that, that man/woman should be privileged that we come to ask.Rant over, I'm 16 so I wouldn't know how to help unfortunately,

I don't know about Sweden,but in the USA I worked nights weekends, holidays, for low pay, in extreme weather conditions with high responsibilitys.I found out that there are ways to make more money, with less effort, still using tools.
Well Sweden is not Denmark ;) but the education is the same.Philip: Im a Tech in Denmark and work at SAS as an Aircraft Technician, its actually very hard to get in, you have to pass the first school part and then apply for a trainee position, then the education depends on how you manage it, and it can be extended to get the avionic part to (in the Scandinavian countries, the education is based on airframe (everything but avionic) and avionic)My advice get into TEC and work your &@($* off and show that you have the passion and will work hard, only the best is selected, at the first part of the education they will allso be able to help you find out where you can become a trainee.Expect a lot of shift work, we work all around the clock and a lot of weekend work to, i work every second weekend, so be prepared that this is part of the job, a huge part of the maintenance is done during the night.

Dennis, one of the funniest questions I ever heard was when a new hire asked me if we were open on Christmas day. I almost peed my pants from laughing.

NAX669.png

Dennis, one of the funniest questions I ever heard was when a new hire asked me if we were open on Christmas day. I almost peed my pants from laughing.
Lol i didnt know anything is closed ever in an airport, except for good service and shops :( i have tried to meet 1 january at 6am (very early when you have been to a new years party, not drinking of course) and take over for the guys that have just been 9 hours at work while everyone else in the world is having fun :(