Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

MCDU issue....strange fonts

Greetings all,I've just recently been having issues with the MCDU, where the characters appear to be broken, for lack of a better description. This has only recently started happening. The MCDU is fine in the VC, until I click on it (to "remove" it and bring it to the middle of the screen). I have Windows 7 (64bit), along with FSX. Except for buying and installing TOPCAT last week, nothing else has changed as far as I know. Any idea what might be going on?Many thanks

Do you have ATI card? there is a known issue. Do a search because there is a utility available which has an option 'alternative pixel centre' which fixes it. Hope this helps

Jeff,Yes, it's an ATI Radeon HD5670. I was reading about it in this forum. It's strange, because it's not a new install. It was working fine until the other day. I didnt install or modify anything, except for TOPCAT, which I doubt would be causing this issue.

Do you have ATI card? there is a known issue. Do a search because there is a utility available which has an option 'alternative pixel centre' which fixes it. Hope this helps
I am having the same problem....what utility do you mean? Can you please post where to download that?Thanks!

Update....I just did a flight, and the font problem has disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. I "popped" the MCDU out while in the VC, and except for a very minor issue everything was fine. Weird.

My problem remains. The fonts look very weird and are sometimes almost unreadable.If I change the window size of the MCDU the fonts do get a little better.

My problem remains. The fonts look very weird and are sometimes almost unreadable.If I change the window size of the MCDU the fonts do get a little better.
Ok I have an odd issue that started today look at my gonts circeld in red... I have an NVidea cardfont.jpg

Ok I have an odd issue that started today look at my gonts circeld in red... I have an NVidea cardfont.jpg
Hi,I have the same problem, is the first time i se that, never happen before, i have nvidia GT240. Strange thing many flights with MD11 and is the first time with this problem.Any Ideas apreciatedthanksLuis

Check your FSX\Fonts folder and ensure that the files MD11DU.ttf and MD11FMS.ttf are present there. If they aren't, let me know in a PM w/ your email. That was my issue. Have no clue where they went.

Check your FSX\Fonts folder and ensure that the files MD11DU.ttf and MD11FMS.ttf are present there. If they aren't, let me know in a PM w/ your email. That was my issue. Have no clue where they went.
Please don't pieces parts of our product to people yourself - the correct course of action is for them to submit a support ticket.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Travis,Thanks for the help a friend send me that files and now everthing is ok again, i dont have any idea what cause that but the problem is solved thanks to you.regardsLuis

I did not see this post sorry .. i have the same thing with W7 64bit and FS9 .. i dont have the fonts in the FS font fonder so thats why .. i submited a ticket ref the problem , its strainge how we are all getting this problem now . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

I fixed the font issue by copying and emailing the fonts to my self from my WINXP pc ..but i still have a problem with the auto pilot display .. its not showing the fully heading or full altitude ..eg heading 343 is just 34 and the altitude is showing 1000 instead of 10000 on my W7 pc with an ATI card . Thanks Rich

ugcx_banner.png

auto pilot problem also fixed .... was another font problem , just copied the font folder from my XP FS2004 folder into the Windows 7 FS9 font fonder and now all up and running again . Rich

ugcx_banner.png