Sign in to follow this  
glenm

Ezdok camera help is here

I have had this software since release and have uninstalled in frustration many times. If your in the same boat, a very nice guy made some vids that walk you through the process.http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=38637&title=my-ezdok-setup-videosIn under twenty minutes I was up and running , creating views, going WOW!!Hope it helps someone else,Glen

Very useful. Clears up quite a few mysteries. I popped it straight into my IE favourites.Thanks Glen.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Glad it helped, I know this software frustrated me more than any i have ever had.Glen

Very much appreciated. Now we need to add TrackIR to the mix.jja
Maybe this is the justification I need to buy TrackIR, you know, doin' it for "the cause" :( I'm glad to know they're helping everyone.Eric

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

Maybe this is the justification I need to buy TrackIR, you know, doin' it for "the cause" :( I'm glad to know they're helping everyone.Eric
Since installing Ezdok I have stopped using TrackIR never was a fan despite using it regularly for a number of years. But now with Ezdok I find it is not needed.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Since installing Ezdok I have stopped using TrackIR never was a fan despite using it regularly for a number of years. But now with Ezdok I find it is not needed.Bruceb
Interesting... And it's precisely because of EZdok that I keep putting off purchasing TrackIR. Hopefully, we'll see some big improvements with v2.0.

Great videos there, Erick.But I'm puzzled somehow about the 'either EZCA or TrackIR' statements. For me, these two things belong together and offer quite some fun and enhancement to the whole sim experience. No more static viewpoints and calm cockpit scenes. Wouldn't want to miss any of them.By the way, are you doing commercial videos or something? You sound so calm and focused, good character to explain things to people.

Great videos there, Erick.But I'm puzzled somehow about the 'either EZCA or TrackIR' statements. For me, these two things belong together and offer quite some fun and enhancement to the whole sim experience. No more static viewpoints and calm cockpit scenes. Wouldn't want to miss any of them.
I see your point. I think that I will eventually try out TrackIR if for no other reason then to satisfy my curiosity. And your experience versus Bruceb's is precisely why. Of course, both of your opinions are totally valid since we all are wired so differently, so the only way to know for sure is to just try it out myself.
By the way, are you doing commercial videos or something? You sound so calm and focused, good character to explain things to people.
I do appreciate your feedback. I'm never quite sure how I'm coming across since I do not do this commercially and I don't know until after the fact if I'm even providing useful information. I know it's a tricky piece of software to master so I'm just trying to help out.

I think that I will eventually try out TrackIR if for no other reason then to satisfy my curiosity.
Be aware, EZCA is the cheaper part of the package, while TrackIR really hits your wallet. But I think you won't regret it. Actually, without intending to sound rude, that's part that's missing in your videos. They look static, concerning the head movement. I always wanted to move my head, just as a reflex to it. :blush:Of course, when explaining the EZCA thing, that mentioned static part actually helped to discover the differences in the settings you've explained.

All right, I bit the bullet and ordered it. I'll finally see in the next 1 - 3 days (so PCAviator tells me) what TrackIR is all about.I'll add some new videos to my collection as soon as I can. Thanks for pushing me over the edge. Of course, a healthy tax refund this year didn't hurt either. Money%20Eyes.gif

All right, I bit the bullet and ordered it. I'll finally see in the next 1 - 3 days (so PCAviator tells me) what TrackIR is all about.I'll add some new videos to my collection as soon as I can.
Good Man! The videos are great, Eric, but because of the TIR mix I need some better instruction than is available at the moment, for sure, and I suspect I'm still not alone. I hope v2.0 will be more friendly. I have TH2G, so three screens, and yesterday evening I put the manual in the left screen, your video posts over on the right, with FSX windowed in the center. I worked through the setup and got some cameras created, but half-way through the first flight, on going outside the aircraft I couldn't get back in, so there's still something I'm missing. It has to do with configuring the Hat switch and whatever other keys I picked to control the external views, and then getting the zoom amount right. It's still a real chore for me, and so around midnight I dumped it and re-did my control back to default. This is about the fortieth time I've gone through this exercise since the first EZCA version, and it's no fun anymore. Track IR always performs faultlessly for me - has done for years - but I do miss that bouncing around on take-off, and then the rocking and rolling once airborne. There has to be an easier way. I don't need any cameras because I have TrackIR: I just want the bouncing stuff without the camera and zoom problems. Is there no way to achieve this? :( :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Well as soon as TrackIR arrives I will be jumping head first into getting it to work with my EZdok cameras so I will definitely keep everyone posted as to my progress.The more I've learned about TrackIR the more I realize how the two can compliment each other assuming they're both playing nice. I'll find out for myself soon enoughsince I just got the shipping confirmation email from PC Aviator!

Well as soon as TrackIR arrives I will be jumping head first into getting it to work with my EZdok cameras so I will definitely keep everyone posted as to my progress.The more I've learned about TrackIR the more I realize how the two can compliment each other assuming they're both playing nice. I'll find out for myself soon enoughsince I just got the shipping confirmation email from PC Aviator!
Eric, I have followed your extremely valued information on the Ezydok forums and can only say that you must have sold many more ezydok programs to many more by simply being human in your approach. For that I thank you and I know I speak for many more in doing this.Now with TrackIR I can definately help you as I have the only reviewed ** issued and that is to download from the Natural Point website a profile known as 'Optimized Flight'. It's the one many people are using now and helps to slow things down so that the TIR can be used easily.While using it, you need to change the settings for 'pause' to your 'mouse 3' button (The wheel pushed down) on your mouse. That way you can make easy adjustments to buttons on the FCP etc. Your using the mouse to make changes on the FCP so you may as well use Mouse 3 for pausing them.Good luck and I'm looking forward to your next fabulous video?All the very best to you Eric, It's people like you that make this hobby of ours more enjoyable. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

I use both - see EZDok as a way to move the pivot of the view and then TrackIR to look around that pivot point.