Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KJConlon

TH2G or big screen TV

I just built a nice new system and would like to add a new monitor. I am tossed as to go the Triple Head w/ 3 23" monitors vs. a 40" tv plus my current monitor. My video card us a GTX 580 so either way I think I am safe. Also if I go TH2G would I need an additional video card for gauges? If so I have an old Radeon 5700 but can Imnix and match nVidia & aTi? Any words of wisdom?ThanksKevin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I run three monitors off my TH2Go on a 460 plus a 23" touch screen off the second outlet, no worries with a 580!I can really recommend that setup with TH2Go, and get TrackIR too, Bjorn

I went through a similar decision process. I went with a 40" LCD TV. It is absolutely wonderful. I use an MSI 560TI OC card and it drives the TV with no problem. The larger screen makes the experience really nice. I can easily see the gauges even with the VC view zoomed out to give me persepctive out the side windows. I fly mostly helis and having some level of perspetive on the sides really helps when hoving.Anyway, I am really enjoying the larger screen TV. I am actually thinking about going larger(50+ inches) when I can get the money together.Enjoy FSX whichevery way you go.Regards,

i had used a 32" screen when i first started unsing FSX but switched to 3 19" non wide screen monitors with a TH2Go. I like using the 3 screens, and i dodnt get wide screen on purpouse because the TH2Go makes them so wide anyway. the view outside is so much better with the th2go then one wide screen monitor i think.

Running 560i 3 HP 22" TriplH2go, sweet !I took my Rig hooked up to my 50" HD big screen TV. Amazing !!!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback. I have been playing around with a Sony 32" and with TrackIR it is unbelievable. All I need to do now is to find a way to disassociate the interior cockpit view from the main view and run that on my 23". I am also thinking a small touch screen for the CDU would be cool.ThanksKevin

Running 560i 3 HP 22" TriplH2go, sweet !I took my Rig hooked up to my 50" HD big screen TV. Amazing !!!!!!!