Sign in to follow this  
marcon8122

Should i buy FS2crew ?

One thing worth bearing in mind with FS2 Crew stuff, is that it is a product which has evolved in sophistication with every new release for an aircraft, so if you compare the recent iFly 737 version with one of the very first ones ever done, such as the one made for the default FS 747, you can see (and hear) how much it has improved with each new version. Thus, if you wonder why so many people are impressed with it, this is one of the reasons.All of them are good, but the more recent ones are even better.Al
This is really the truth! Bryan York has done brilliantly with every release of "Voice Command", but this last release for the iFly 737 is near perfection. I love that he integrated the button brief system, so that you can hear the captain giving the briefs. I wish he could upgrade the rest to have that.There is a little learning curve and it is best to print out the flows and trigger phrases, so you can have them in front of you. That's especially helpful when you have every version he has released, like I do.Once you get used to having "Voice Command", you won't want to fly any aircraft that doesn't have it. It really spoils you for it.Bob

Now I'm really thinking about buying it. Should I buy the combo package or just the voice? Voice package sounds awesome. Also, do they work for all PMDG/LevelD/iFly etc. or just the iFly itself? I don't really know anything about this product except for the fact that all the reviews say its awesome.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Is this going to be out for the 737NGX from release like it was for the Ifly?Really keen to try it out.

Not only does FS2crew enhance realism (it is very unrealistic when we sim as a one person crew member, handling both PF and PM chores simultaneously!) it reduces your workload so much that you can actually concentrate on flying the plane, just like the big boys(and girls) do.This is especially important with the 737, since there are so many more switches and tasks that demand the First Officer's attention versus the other planes I fly (MD-11 and 747). Once you try it, you may limit yourself to only aircraft that are compatible with FS2crew.

Hi, fscrew is a really nice compliment in terms of immersion in a cockpit environment.Go for the voice version, it's much more practical...David DD

I have the 747-400 version which is good and yes you can do both those things. Other things like command the push-back by voice, perform checklists. Turns lights on and off and other stuff. My only gripe isn't that the copilot won't do the co-pilot preflight flow and he leaves the packs off after takeoff.But I highly recommend it even so.
Did you said "select packs off" before enter The runway? I just did a take off last night and he turn The packs on after flaps 5 is set i think. As for The pre-flight you should ask Bryan but if he modeles a SOP from an airline maybe thats The way that airline does it.

I didn't know about the select packs off on entering the runway will try that tommorow thanks. I guess it wont flip it if its in the wrong position because it doesn't know whether it was on or off.As to the preflight flow I was under the impression that it was a limitation of the way that fs2crew interacts with the queen. It doesn't detract from the program. I will do some googling and check though