Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Night Lighting Video looks AWESOME!

Is there a video of the exterior lighting coming out soon. Thinking.gif
There was already a night video that showed the landing and taxi lights, which are the best for a PMDG aircraft as of yet.

There was already a night video that showed the landing and taxi lights, which are the best for a PMDG aircraft as of yet.
Flight deck view though, what do the landing lights look like when the plane is lifting up from the ground and approaching the ground? How do the cabin lights look? etc... the video didn't really show much except for the 'to die for' virtual cockpit.

I do expect the T7 (and others) dev cycle to be MUCH shorter. Why? Because Ryan and RSR have mentioned that there “new dev platform” uses C++. Why would that help? Because, as an example, with a C++ you can model such things as avionics boxes, DUs and controllers/systems etc. as objects (black boxes). Multiple objects can be contained in container objects which might represent an “avionics sub system”. Once you have modeled, coded, debugged and tested an object it is “done”. It then can be “simply” instantiated (used again) on another aircraft platform. Sounds simple? It is NOT, but if done correctly it is an extremely powerful approach to maximize code reuse, minimize the debug/test phase and hence shorten similar product developments cycles. Which is of course beneficial to all since follow on products are quicker to market (more revenue and customer satisfaction). The catch is of course the first development where all the “heavy lifting” is required. There are always decisions to be made between just getting it done and making objects more generic so that the code base is “wide enough” to be used on future platforms. Since many Boeing systems are similar, it would make sense that the T7 will be in our hands before we know it. :( Time will be the judge.
Scott,Close - let me clarify a bit. We've always programmed in object-oriented C++ (using Visual Studio 2010 now on this project) actually, the language isn't what's changing here. What happened is that we scrapped the old "PMDG Options" framework with the 3 dlls and all of that that we've used since the original NG almost 8 years ago. We wrote a whole new engine/framework for the different parts of the airplane simulation - it's to simulating high-fidelity aircraft systems what a graphics engine is to a video game itself. We have a framework now that can do almost anything - we just have to plug the systems (which have clearly defined programming methodologies etc now) into it.You're correct that the goal here is that after this project we'll be able to crank stuff out a lot faster since all that leg-work with the engine of our systems simulation is done. We do not anticipate the 777 taking as long as the NGX has - the 777 is in many ways a simpler airplane than the NG is anyway. Way less options and less purely mechanical systems to simulate - it's very automated.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

sounds abit like what A2A are doing with their modular system,. I mean they can take the entire Merlin engine code and put it on to a P-51 and just make a few tweaks and boom! a magical Merlin engine =)I know they are hoplessly diffrent aircraft lol but you get my point. They also said they will be able to crank out more stuff now that the core programs are in place.

I remember, this post on FaceBook, I lol'd so hard..."Nice model, ground equipments, but the paint is to light it think so. ;)""@Erik: We'll call Transavia this afternoon and ask them to change their colors for you."

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I wish I can fly the 777 next year this time..Big%20Grin.gif
I too look forward to the 777 and the last one I owned was the PSS and thats out of the past lol (are they even still developing lol?. Andrew Simmons

You're correct that the goal here is that after this project we'll be able to crank stuff out a lot faster since all that leg-work with the engine of our systems simulation is done. We do not anticipate the 777 taking as long as the NGX has - the 777 is in many ways a simpler airplane than the NG is anyway. Way less options and less purely mechanical systems to simulate - it's very automated.
But RSR is still going to take the time to check both filiments in every light bulb again, right? That'll still take time, LOL... He%20He.gif

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

This will be a groundbreaking release. Absolutely insane. Bring it on, even at the price of a divorce or something else of that nature. Wow.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Not bothered about release dates. I don't care as I have a life.Yes, the lighting looks really good.....Cool - good job!!!..But, it's a bit laggy. in places..I hope that's the video compression? Optimised?????Chris Farrell

release is in about 2,3 month mabye
And you judge this on what? Please guys lets stop such comments... It's really getting on my nerves! I read this forum 2 times a day, and everytime I come here I can see such thing here. In my opinion this is childish behaviour. If you have nothing else to do (rather than predict something, that cannot be predicted) might is well be quiet and say nothing. All you do is give people ideas, PMDG staff have already said to stop such comments being said, and yet there some stupid people out there, this is now getting ridiculous.Best RegardsLukasz Swiatkiewicz

And you judge this on what? Please guys lets stop such comments... It's really getting on my nerves! I read this forum 2 times a day, and everytime I come here I can see such thing here. In my opinion this is childish behaviour. If you have nothing else to do (rather than predict something, that cannot be predicted) might is well be quiet and say nothing. All you do is give people ideas, PMDG staff have already said to stop such comments being said, and yet there some stupid people out there, this is now getting ridiculous.Best RegardsLukasz Swiatkiewicz
give us a kiss