Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

UTX for FSX question

whats up fellow flight simmers, Quick question, I got all of the Orbx Land classes for NA and GEX all ready installed and I was thinking of buying UTX for NA. Now my question is can I install UTX over the other (Orbx and GEX) or will I have to install every thing again?.Thank you in advance Larry

Be sure that FTX central is set to default before you install UTX US. Otherwise you run into trouble - as happened to me.Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Be sure that FTX central is set to default before you install UTX US.
Good advice. Also remember to run the GEX interface after you install UTX US - there are some custom textures that GEX installs if you have UTX.

Not sure if this matters or not, but then I make sure all of my FTX/ORBX stuff is above everything else that I have installed,you can easily do this through the FTX utility - it allows you to set a insert point in your scenery cfg file and will pop everything in place for you

Ciao!

You don't want it above everything. If you have addon scenery in the area it should go on top. Like the great CYYJ available in the library.

Not sure if this matters or not, but then I make sure all of my FTX/ORBX stuff is above everything else that I have installed,you can easily do this through the FTX utility - it allows you to set a insert point in your scenery cfg file and will pop everything in place for you
When you run FTX Central and apply North America the FTX entries are moved to the top.Generally manual editing of the scenery library is not needed.Bryan.