Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

BIOS Settings Examples Displayed

Ah, quite, sorry, missed that.You are quite right, CPU utilization with FSX is way lower - but still, heat could come. I don't like the risk.

Ah, quite, sorry, missed that.You are quite right, CPU utilization with FSX is way lower - but still, heat could come. I don't like the risk.
I see you guys talking about offset voltages. I really have never understood what it even does or really what it means...Could you explain it in simpler terms? Should I be using it?

You should. What is your Vcore when your CPU is idle?

Edited by Kosta

Well guys, I think this talk here does go a bit too off topic, so I´ll open a new topic dealing with the offset mode and its influence on temps and Vcore (and my way to get 4.5 GHz running.) :smile:

You should. What is your Vcore when your CPU is idle?
I am on manual set to 1.38Volts. I run at 29-32 celcius on idle and around 65-70 under max load.I really have never understood what offset voltage even does or really what it means...Could you please explain it in simpler terms?

I am on manual set to 1.38Volts. I run at 29-32 celcius on idle and around 65-70 under max load.I really have never understood what offset voltage even does or really what it means...Could you please explain it in simpler terms?
The upside is that my Vcore is not 1.38V (or 1.52 in my case) - my Vcore is virtually always at 1.1V running 1600Mhz. Only when required by 5Ghz, does it go up to 1.52. That is what offset is for.Your Vcore is always sitting at 1.38. You are basically "slowburning" your CPU.
Well guys, I think this talk here does go a bit too off topic, so I´ll open a new topic dealing with the offset mode and its influence on temps and Vcore (and my way to get 4.5 GHz running.) :smile:
Agreed.

Srdan,I just tried your settings, except for my ram at 1600Mhz, but it locked up on the windows opening screen, and I had to shut it off manually. Since I changed my BIOS it will no longer go above 4.8 and be stable. :sad: Oh well! Ivy Bridge commeth! :rolleyes:Kind regards,

Srdan,I just tried your settings, except for my ram at 1600Mhz, but it locked up on the windows opening screen, and I had to shut it off manually. Since I changed my BIOS it will no longer go above 4.8 and be stable. :sad: Oh well! Ivy Bridge commeth! :rolleyes:Kind regards,
Any new stuff from Intel on a timeframe? I am wondering if I should start saving up my cash. :Big Grin:

Ivy Bridge coming up April the 8th... someone posted in a spanish forum here a link where they tested an engineering sample of a 3770K and it did 5GHz @ 1.2V :ohttp://lab501.ro/stiri/core-i7-3770k-primele-teste-practice

Ivy Bridge coming up April the 8th... someone posted in a spanish forum here a link where they tested an engineering sample of a 3770K and it did 5GHz @ 1.2V :ohttp://lab501.ro/sti...-teste-practice
1.2 VOLTS!!!! :oI don't speak spanish... Any word on the max voltage? If they are getting to 5GHZ that easily, I am quite intrigued to pick one up when they arrive on store's shelves.Also, doesn't Ivy Bridge have about a 10-15% increase at the same clock speed as SB?

1.2 VOLTS!!!! :oI don't speak spanish... Any word on the max voltage? If they are getting to 5GHZ that easily, I am quite intrigued to pick one up when they arrive on store's shelves.Also, doesn't Ivy Bridge have about a 10-15% increase at the same clock speed as SB?
Tha's rumanian, I used Google translator. They say there's a 5-10% clock for clock which is awesome for a die shrink.Max voltage would be great to know yeah.

So would that mean we can pull 5.5 out of the IB? :Drooling:

So would that mean we can pull 5.5 out of the IB? :Drooling:
That's the rumor!Remember die shrink means voltage shrink. Both required and *max* voltage. So pumping 1.4v into IB might just be a bad idea. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

5.5GHz may not be farfetched under water if this is true. But let's not jump the gun, remember when SB was released that everyone was taking 5GHz for granted?