Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

Bug reports

Installed LINDA. When I run the exec I get the following error

OK, Got it sorted out by uninstalling FSUIPC and doing a fresh install. Not sure what the conflict was, but fixed now. Just need to have more than 5 devices available for use.

Just a little thing that confused me:Flight Director On in linda is activated when the FD switch is down, and Flight Director Off is activated when the FD switch is up inside Linda.This is a bit confusing since the FD switch in aircrafts normally is on when up.The same issue may be relevant for the AT switch.Maybe change the names to Up and Down instead of Off and On?On the other hand I wouldn't loose any sleep if this isn't changed :( Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Helge, are you talking about the FSX default aircrafts or..?

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Helge, are you talking about the FSX default aircrafts or..?
I am talking about what is listed on the linda setup display for the MCP. If I assign a command to "F/D On", then that command will get called when the switch goes to the down position, and likewise any command assigned to "F/D Off" will get called when the switch goes to the up position.That would normally be intuitive since most switches are thought of as on in the down position. However F/D and AT both tend to be in the up position when on (in for instance Boeings), thats why I suggested that you named the buttons up and down.So on the Linda screen, do not show "F/D On", show "F/D Down" and replace "F/D Off" with "F/D Up".Same goes (I think for) A/T. Not sure about the AP master switch.

Helge Rasmussen

Helge, as I can see in my code, the FD On in LINDA corresponds to the FD UP on physical switch.

["F/D UP"] 		= Autopilot_FD_on  ,["F/D DN"] 		= Autopilot_FD_off  ,

Left part is a COM-port command we are receiving from MCP and the right part is an action LINDA executes on that command.If only something is messed up somewhere deeper...

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

I've checked a bit more, it is only F/D that has crossed wires...Here is what I did to test it.Created two functions in aircraft.lua:AP_FD_On(){ DspShow("FD", "ON")}AP_FD_Off(){ DspShow("FD", "Off")}then I assigned AP_FD_On to "F/D ON" and AP_FD_Off to "F/D Off".When setting FD switch to upper position I now see the text "FD OFF", and when I set switch to lower positioni, I see the text "FD ON".A/T and MST switches both does the right thing, it is only F/D that seem to be inverted.

Helge Rasmussen

Hm.. interesting.Just had it tested. No "crossed wires" detected. Default FSX Boeing 737 - FD switch on Combo is synced with AP panel inside FSX.1. Quit the FSX2. Run SerialFP23. Let it connect to the MCP4. Mark both test checkboxes5. Try to switch the FD switch and note what will be show in SerialFP - upper switch position should send the FD+ command.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Upper switch position shows "FD-" for me, lower "FD+" (this is in the Rx part of the test window).Hmm, does that mean that my MCP Combo has buggy firmware?It's very new, maybe newer versions react differently from older?

Helge Rasmussen

Mine shows the FD+ in upper position. Version is 2.520.Wires are crossed somewhere inside your device :-)

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

lol ok, well I can live with that, I just switch the two commands. I wonder if others that have a new MCP Combo has the same problem.Another mini mini thing (I am afraid you don't have anything to doBig%20Grin.gif)I have FSX Sync on and load for instance the default Cessna, and Linda switches to the FSX Default (or whatever plane I loaded) and turns the box orange.I then just stop FSX.The orange box disappears, but I can no longer switch to another plane in LINDA, its locked to whatever plane it was in when FSX ran.After stopping and starting LINDA everything works again

Helge Rasmussen

Hi HelgeWith my new MCP Combo v2.520 :FSX Boeing 737 loadedF/D On on MCP makes F/D On in FSXF/D Off on MCP makes F/D Off in FSXsame for A/** looks normal here.Michel

Michel Veréb

HelgeSome tests with PMDG MD11 :1. MCP Combo : Disengage is UP --> FSX/MD11 : AFS OVRD OFF is DOWN and vice versa2. MCP Combo : F/D is UP --> FSX/MD11 : F/D is OFF and vice versaIt is not what we thinck it will be logicaly.LINDA settings for PMDG MD11 takes FSX Default aircraft for these 2 switchs.Possible solutions : 1. Inverse the functions settings (set OFF for ON and ON for OFF - not very good)2. Search the good offsets and write the new functions - better)Michel

Michel Veréb

I have FSX Sync on and load for instance the default Cessna, and Linda switches to the FSX Default (or whatever plane I loaded) and turns the box orange.I then just stop FSX.The orange box disappears, but I can no longer switch to another plane in LINDA, its locked to whatever plane it was in when FSX ran.After stopping and starting LINDA everything works again
Cannot reproduce this either.. any additional details and/or conditions?

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Cannot reproduce this either.. any additional details and/or conditions?
Strange...Here is a very detailled step by step to reproduce it, at least for me and my mal-wired mcp :(- Start LINDA- Choose "A2A Spitfire" (The important thing here is to notice that you in fact CAN chose the spitfire).- Start FSX- Choose the default Cessna- I Get an orange bar around the text " * FSX Default" and "FSX sync" is orange too.- Note it is no longer possible to switch away from the "* FSX Default" which is as expected since sync is on...- Close FSX.- "* FSX Default" is still selected, but orange textbox is gone and so is orange FSX Sync.- Now try to select the "A2A Spitfire". It looks like you can, but it immediately returns to "* FSX default".THIS is the mini bug I talked about. Its certainly not that important to fix, since I just can close LINDA and open it again to clear the problem.If you still cannot reproduce it, then it must be my computer that has crossed wires too :)

Helge Rasmussen