Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

Imagine Sim KDEN...

I'm glad to read the positive evaluations of the new KDEN - this really has been an amazingly neglected scenery given its size and importance in the real world. Also glad to hear it fits in with the Megascenery photoscenery of the area which is a huge plus for me in making purchase decisions. I have never bought an IS scenery though have downloaded their trial versions a few times. This time I think I'll take the plunge so thanks for the feedback guys.Not wanting to start a war on here but I just have to say that my experience of FSDT shows absolutely no decrease in quality over time - they have always produced outstanding products and I own every one of them. While top rate developers continue to release FS9 scenery's for us "holdouts" I think that the last thing we should be doing is slamming them on the forums. Their latest product, "Hawaiian Airports Part One" is first rate and they are close to releasing the next in that series. I for one will be buying it the instant it's released and fully expect to get a great product at a fair price - as always...

I just have to say that my experience of FSDT shows absolutely no decrease in quality over time - they have always produced outstanding products
I couldn't agree more. They are my personal number one scenery developers. I have four of their airports with plans to buy two more (Including the forthcoming KLAX). The only sad thing is KLAX will be the last FS9 airport from FSDT. Well, no fun exists forever...

I couldn't agree more. They are my personal number one scenery developers. I have four of their airports with plans to buy two more (Including the forthcoming KLAX). The only sad thing is KLAX will be the last FS9 airport from FSDT. Well, no fun exists forever...
Umberto has been threatening to stop making FS9 products for a long time. I'm hoping that he will continue if he's able to cover his costs in releasing dual versions. Especially hope the Hawaiian Airports Vol II includes FS9

Umberto has been threatening to stop making FS9 products for a long time. I'm hoping that he will continue if he's able to
So am I! :(
hope the Hawaiian Airports Vol II includes FS9
Yes, it will, he stated that in the FSDT forum.KLAX is to be the last FS9 scenery with developement already started. No new ones. See:
Will the other Hawaii airports you are working on be for FS9?
Yes, of course. We were only referring to future projects that hasn't started yet.
Quoted from: http://www.fsdreamte...p?topic=4376.45EDIT: Oops, it's an IS KDEN thread. Sorry for off topic!

I just don't understand why they (FSDT) would stop making FS9 sceneries. If you can make scenery for both FS9 and FSX wouldn't you keep making scenery for both sims? I mean you stop making scenery for FS9 and you loss out on those potential sales.

I just don't understand why they (FSDT) would stop making FS9 sceneries. If you can make scenery for both FS9 and FSX wouldn't you keep making scenery for both sims? I mean you stop making scenery for FS9 and you loss out on those potential sales.
It's a matter of time invested for a diminishing return. As there are fewer of us FS9 holdouts left, it makes sense that developers will reach a point where making a product for FSX AND FS9 reaches a point where it's not economical. (Most of them have already reached that point) Plus for some I think it's an "artistic" issue as well - they can do things with FSX that they can't with FS9 so there's less enjoyment in doing an FS9 version. It's a shame but inevitable - even I admit that some day FS9 will finally die out. But I'm planning on sticking with it for a very long time even if I can no longer get new products for it... The ones I already have will keep me happy and challenged for many years!

Just bought it, installed it. IMS is getting better and better with each release (like FSDT is getting worse and worse).
I too cannot agree with this. I consider that FSDT sceneries are now up there with the best available and I too will be purchasing the Hawaiian Airports Vol.2 for FS9 just as soon as it is available and without even waiting for any reviews - Hawaii Vol.1 was superb!I do however agree that Imagine Sim are improving the quality of their products but I don't feel that they have yet made it into the top echelon of quality producers yet, although maybe Denver (if I decide to buy it after reading more reviews and comments) might change my view on that. For what it's worth, in my opinion, the top airport scenery producers for FS9 are the UK Extreme series, Aerosoft Mega Airport series, Fly Tampa, France VFR, Eiresim and of course FSDT.Bill

I too cannot agree with this . . . Bill
Bill . . . did you mean to write "I too cannont agree MORE with this"? I didn't quite follow the flow of your post . . .

Bill . . . did you mean to write "I too cannont agree MORE with this"? I didn't quite follow the flow of your post . . .
He doesn't agree with the notion that FSDT is getting worse.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Sorry if my post was not clear, but to clarify, I cannot agree with the statement that "FSDT is getting worse and worse"Bill

I too cannot agree with this. I consider that FSDT sceneries are now up there with the best available and I too will be purchasing the Hawaiian Airports Vol.2 for FS9 just as soon as it is available and without even waiting for any reviews - Hawaii Vol.1 was superb!I do however agree that Imagine Sim are improving the quality of their products but I don't feel that they have yet made it into the top echelon of quality producers yet, although maybe Denver (if I decide to buy it after reading more reviews and comments) might change my view on that. For what it's worth, in my opinion, the top airport scenery producers for FS9 are the UK Extreme series, Aerosoft Mega Airport series, Fly Tampa, France VFR, Eiresim and of course FSDT.Bill
I am enjoying the new Imagine Sim Denver and recommend it, but I would not put it in the same category as the products of the absolute top scenery producers either - which in my case is FSDT, Aerosoft Mega Airport and German Airport series and Fly Tampa. My experience with UK Extreme isn't quite so positive (not bad at all - just not outstanding IMHO) and as tempted as I have been, haven't tried France VFR or Eiresim payware... KDEN is a nice addition to FS9 though and long overdue so I'm grateful to Imagine Sim and am sure they will continue to put out excellent products. (If they upgrade KATL I will be purchasing it the moment it comes out!)CheersIan

It's a matter of time invested for a diminishing return. As there are fewer of us FS9 holdouts left, it makes sense that developers will reach a point where making a product for FSX AND FS9 reaches a point where it's not economical. (Most of them have already reached that point) Plus for some I think it's an "artistic" issue as well - they can do things with FSX that they can't with FS9 so there's less enjoyment in doing an FS9 version. It's a shame but inevitable - even I admit that some day FS9 will finally die out. But I'm planning on sticking with it for a very long time even if I can no longer get new products for it... The ones I already have will keep me happy and challenged for many years!
I to am holding on and using FS9 for as long as I can (when Flight comes out I will most likely get it). My computer can run FSX fine but I am sticking with FS9. I have a lot of add ons and I just can't bring myself to dumping FS9 and the money I spent on it and starting over with FSX. My FS runs great and can look just as good as FSX. Plus there is still alot of add ons I don't have yet. If I bought a add on every day for a month I still would not have everything I don't have yet.

I have the FS9 version. It looks really good. The main complaint I have is I can't seem to pick up the ATIS. It is listed in "comm" section of the AFCAD but doesn't appear to work for some reason. Also, none of the taxiways are labled. Taxi instruction are "taxi to runway xx via". That's it. The AFCAD is really sad. Also for those that try and work/fix on the AFCAD with ADE, the AFCAD will not compile due to errors which are not explained in the error message. So far Imaginesim support has not responded to my problems.Jim

Jim Boerman

I to am holding on and using FS9 for as long as I can (when Flight comes out I will most likely get it). My computer can run FSX fine but I am sticking with FS9. I have a lot of add ons and I just can't bring myself to dumping FS9 and the money I spent on it and starting over with FSX. My FS runs great and can look just as good as FSX. Plus there is still alot of add ons I don't have yet. If I bought a add on every day for a month I still would not have everything I don't have yet.
I think that is why most of us who are still here are sticking with FS9 - like others, I have spent a huge amount of money on addons for FS9 (and continue to do so) as it was basically the first flight simulator to allow a significant degree of realism to be achieved. I am not about to see all that cash wasted if I can avoid it and perhaps end up forking out even more to bring a new flight simulator up to the same degree of realism! I too have the basic FSX installed and it runs reasonably well on my system but I could not justify pouring more money into it when my FS9 environment already gives me so much.BillWindows XP Pro SP2; Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPU; Arctic Cool 7Pro; ASUS P5N-E-SLI Motherboard;4GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM; 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card;2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive; 650W (2 x 12V) PSU; 2 x 1000GB + 1 x 150GB Western Digital External Hard Drive; CH Pro Yoke and PedalsAll helping to power 334GB of fs9!