Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

altstiff

Imagine Sim KDEN...

I'd like to, but I'm mostly waiting for the FSX version now. Since with IS you buy either the FS2004 or the FSX version, I'd rather just get the version I actually want. Sure looks nice, though.

Same here. Doesn't look like they offer any upgrade pricing either... Shame.

New version out. http://www.imaginesim.com/kden01.htmThe old version looked bad and was hard on frames some say, the new one looks pretty good really.Anyone try it?
I've got it and am trying to install it; they use a double authentication system with the F1 wrapper plus a connection to their server that takes the F1 order number and the buyer's email. Apparently the two servers are not speaking to each other quickly. At any rate, once that gets sorted I look forward to seeing it. I've been using the old KDEN ever since it was released - never had any frame rate problems either.DJ

$30 is ok now for huge airport.Just bought it, installed it. IMS is getting better and better with each release (like FSDT is getting worse and worse). Perfect FPS, perfect representation (terminals, ground textures) but AFCAD needs redoing (which is OK for me).PS. Folks relax - it's naive to wait for the discount on the previous KDEN scenery that was released 6 years ago. UK2000 doesn't do thing this way, as well as GAP and Simwings.

Overpriced for the quality of scenery,
Nice humor.

Especially if you add the last part of your post.

. . . but the only game in town unfortunately.
The one thing I learned in Economics 101 is supply and demand: there ain't no 'poly' like 'monopoly'. Just%20Kidding.gif

Especially if you add the last part of your post. The one thing I learned in Economics 101 is supply and demand: there ain't no 'poly' like 'monopoly'. Just%20Kidding.gif
Economics 101 is about mass production, not about custom-made goodies for the hobbies of grown men. :(

it's naive to wait for the discount on the previous KDEN scenery that was released 6 years ago. UK2000 doesn't do thing this way, as well as GAP and Simwings.
I'm neither naive, nor waiting for anything. Only slightly disappointed and not made of money. We'll see how the FSX version looks when released. As a native of Denver I doubt I'll be resisting for long.

Took the plunge, really well done and as posted before each new scenery by IS gets better than the last one. Still not up there with FT quality but still really well done.Great frames and fits perfectly with Mega City Denver too.Agree 100% with Benjamin here. Why not a 2-1 like most other developers?

I've got it and am trying to install it; they use a double authentication system with the F1 wrapper plus a connection to their server that takes the F1 order number and the buyer's email. Apparently the two servers are not speaking to each other quickly. At any rate, once that gets sorted I look forward to seeing it. I've been using the old KDEN ever since it was released - never had any frame rate problems either.DJ
OK, I have it installed and it's really very well done; a definite improvement over the old one. I'll pick up the FSX version when it comes out.DJ

I suppose because they don't HAVE to. :)
True, and we don't HAVE to buy it either!

Woah woah easy guys. I agree with some people here, don't like it, don't talk about it,and surely don't buy it then.Anyway, does AES still work with this new one or we have to wait for Oliver? Can anyone test?

It is sad that some continue to render opinions on other sim users instead of the actual add-ons. This is what usually turns these threads from informative to combative.

I'm glad to read the positive evaluations of the new KDEN - this really has been an amazingly neglected scenery given its size and importance in the real world. Also glad to hear it fits in with the Megascenery photoscenery of the area which is a huge plus for me in making purchase decisions. I have never bought an IS scenery though have downloaded their trial versions a few times. This time I think I'll take the plunge so thanks for the feedback guys.Not wanting to start a war on here but I just have to say that my experience of FSDT shows absolutely no decrease in quality over time - they have always produced outstanding products and I own every one of them. While top rate developers continue to release FS9 scenery's for us "holdouts" I think that the last thing we should be doing is slamming them on the forums. Their latest product, "Hawaiian Airports Part One" is first rate and they are close to releasing the next in that series. I for one will be buying it the instant it's released and fully expect to get a great product at a fair price - as always...

I just have to say that my experience of FSDT shows absolutely no decrease in quality over time - they have always produced outstanding products
I couldn't agree more. They are my personal number one scenery developers. I have four of their airports with plans to buy two more (Including the forthcoming KLAX). The only sad thing is KLAX will be the last FS9 airport from FSDT. Well, no fun exists forever...

I couldn't agree more. They are my personal number one scenery developers. I have four of their airports with plans to buy two more (Including the forthcoming KLAX). The only sad thing is KLAX will be the last FS9 airport from FSDT. Well, no fun exists forever...
Umberto has been threatening to stop making FS9 products for a long time. I'm hoping that he will continue if he's able to cover his costs in releasing dual versions. Especially hope the Hawaiian Airports Vol II includes FS9

Umberto has been threatening to stop making FS9 products for a long time. I'm hoping that he will continue if he's able to
So am I! :(
hope the Hawaiian Airports Vol II includes FS9
Yes, it will, he stated that in the FSDT forum.KLAX is to be the last FS9 scenery with developement already started. No new ones. See:
Will the other Hawaii airports you are working on be for FS9?
Yes, of course. We were only referring to future projects that hasn't started yet.
Quoted from: http://www.fsdreamte...p?topic=4376.45EDIT: Oops, it's an IS KDEN thread. Sorry for off topic!

I just don't understand why they (FSDT) would stop making FS9 sceneries. If you can make scenery for both FS9 and FSX wouldn't you keep making scenery for both sims? I mean you stop making scenery for FS9 and you loss out on those potential sales.

I just don't understand why they (FSDT) would stop making FS9 sceneries. If you can make scenery for both FS9 and FSX wouldn't you keep making scenery for both sims? I mean you stop making scenery for FS9 and you loss out on those potential sales.
It's a matter of time invested for a diminishing return. As there are fewer of us FS9 holdouts left, it makes sense that developers will reach a point where making a product for FSX AND FS9 reaches a point where it's not economical. (Most of them have already reached that point) Plus for some I think it's an "artistic" issue as well - they can do things with FSX that they can't with FS9 so there's less enjoyment in doing an FS9 version. It's a shame but inevitable - even I admit that some day FS9 will finally die out. But I'm planning on sticking with it for a very long time even if I can no longer get new products for it... The ones I already have will keep me happy and challenged for many years!

Just bought it, installed it. IMS is getting better and better with each release (like FSDT is getting worse and worse).
I too cannot agree with this. I consider that FSDT sceneries are now up there with the best available and I too will be purchasing the Hawaiian Airports Vol.2 for FS9 just as soon as it is available and without even waiting for any reviews - Hawaii Vol.1 was superb!I do however agree that Imagine Sim are improving the quality of their products but I don't feel that they have yet made it into the top echelon of quality producers yet, although maybe Denver (if I decide to buy it after reading more reviews and comments) might change my view on that. For what it's worth, in my opinion, the top airport scenery producers for FS9 are the UK Extreme series, Aerosoft Mega Airport series, Fly Tampa, France VFR, Eiresim and of course FSDT.Bill

I too cannot agree with this . . . Bill
Bill . . . did you mean to write "I too cannont agree MORE with this"? I didn't quite follow the flow of your post . . .

Bill . . . did you mean to write "I too cannont agree MORE with this"? I didn't quite follow the flow of your post . . .
He doesn't agree with the notion that FSDT is getting worse.