Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

FSX: using GEX-UTX ground textures lose quality

Guest PFL

Herr Van Soldt, here´s your problem:"since I use an Apple iMac"Whistle.gif

Herr Van Soldt, here´s your problem:"since I use an Apple iMac"Whistle.gif
Herr? I'm not German, you know... Though it sounds nice, gotta give you that.Rick: I can post them later, when I boot into Windows. Currently running in Mac OS X.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think the problem of the OP might be the GPU settings. Maybe remove the profile from fsx from Nvidia inspector and add a new profile for FSX with the settings from NickN for inspector (posted in threads above).

I'd recommend doing what one of the other people already suggested below. Do Nicks guide and his video card settings in the link below and see how you get on after that.Cheers

I would suggest you take a good long look at NickN's setup guide here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html. I'm not sure if you have follow it already since you only mentioned Bojote's tool, but Nick's guide is pretty well done and can give you a good place to start. Depending on how you did your original setup, you may want to wipe it clean and begin again with Nicks guide to make sure you get maximum effectiveness. Good luck in getting it sorted. Make sure to take a look at Nick video card setup also and see how it relates to what your settins are, if you haven't done so already.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't think it is a textures loading problem, because if I pause the sim, the textures don't come back to a good quality resolution but stay blurried.
I don't see how it could anything but a texture loading AND/OR a texture displaying problem. If textures loaded properly and kept up with demand for LOD 9.5 you would not have blurred, lower resolution textures displaying, except of course where haze is involved, and it does get involved as you must know. I use GEX-UTX, flew over Los Angeles at about FL340 just moments ago, and because of the marine layer BEFORE getting to LA, texture crispness was quite soft/blurry before getting over LA. However the marine layer cleared as I approached the MUCH more complex to process imagery in the LA area, and textures became ultra crisp again, even tho my frame rate dumped to 20 or so.All this being said, I guess you must be asking why textures aren't updating/loading on your configuration. Tough to trouble shoot I would agree. Do you see this behavior with NO weather operating, ie with clear skies? If that's true, to quickly resolve it you perhaps should decrease LOD to 4.5 or so, and maybe move sliders to something your rig can process, while trying everything suggested to change what's up with your platform. You certainly have way more horsepower than I have, and I don't suffer from this UNLESS my settings are overly robust for my machine's maximum potential.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I don't see how it could anything but a texture loading AND/OR a texture displaying problem. If textures loaded properly and kept up with demand for LOD 9.5 you would not have blurred, lower resolution textures displaying, except of course where haze is involved, and it does get involved as you must know. I use GEX-UTX, flew over Los Angeles at about FL340 just moments ago, and because of the marine layer BEFORE getting to LA, texture crispness was quite soft/blurry before getting over LA. However the marine layer cleared as I approached the MUCH more complex to process imagery in the LA area, and textures became ultra crisp again, even tho my frame rate dumped to 20 or so.All this being said, I guess you must be asking why textures aren't updating/loading on your configuration. Tough to trouble shoot I would agree. Do you see this behavior with NO weather operating, ie with clear skies? If that's true, to quickly resolve it you perhaps should decrease LOD to 4.5 or so, and maybe move sliders to something your rig can process, while trying everything suggested to change what's up with your platform. You certainly have way more horsepower than I have, and I don't suffer from this UNLESS my settings are overly robust for my machine's maximum potential.Noel
OK, bye. Problem solved increasing LOD_RADIUS to 8.0. It is clearly a FSX problem using at the same time UTX and GEX.Thanks bye. bye, bye.

I don´t need any discussions via PB concerning this issue, why do you want that?Why do you pay other people for setting up a system?Are they former ACES employees? What qualifies them to be experts in this field?Why don´t you want to know every screw and bolt, nut or butt of your precious PC Game system?I know every damn secret spot on my wife, and I want to know the same about my Sim PC, period!!Absolutely amazing the kind of bull we are slowly getting used to here, the blind leading the deaf, and the deaf trying to hear ##### is going on!angry.gif
PFL, I think Sean already answered why he used the service to set up FSX and really who cares! Today is the 4th of July and the Birthday of the USA, it is on this day that we ALL have the FREEDOM of choice or in the case the FREEDOM on how we choose to set up FSX. Sean was only giving ideas and suggestions on what he did to help the OP, thats all.What dif does it make if they are former ACES employees? You think because if they were ex-ACES that they are the only people qualified to set up FSX! HA HA HA.... if that were the case all of use most likely would not even be having this conversation.lastly... your wife may be faking it. :( Bottom line PLF.... chill bro!Jim

Jim Wenham

If that would be a FSX problem than everybody would have this problem. I don't think that's the case.
ok, not an hardware problem as well, because I run a computer far better the most of yours, so I cannot accept it is not able to run FSX to such graphics settings.And not a TEXTURES LOADING PROBLEM also, because as clearly and many times written, the textures are loaded in high res, then turn into low res after some time... At my house a textures loading problem is when the textures are blurried and then are loaded into a better resolution after few seconds or minutes, which is not my problem.Bye.:(