Sign in to follow this  
bySeann

Need Help with FS2Crew Button Control

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I purchased the ifly737 and the add-on Button Control..I start up both programs perfectly fine, no problems.Once inside the cockpit i start up the aircraft from the cold and dark panel and all is working fine.. the PO is doing all according to the tutorial checklist put up on this forum. I'm perfectly happy until its time to "call pre-flight checklist". I select the "preflight checlist" on the left panel and on the right one I switch between all available ones.. ex- the black screen" "command A" etc.. Nothing happens and I just sit there till my 30minutes run out.Please help me in a way that i can call these checklists... The ifly and the add-on seem to be amazing and have very good reviews... I love watching YouTube videos featuring these two and I'd love to be able to use :SThanksSean

Thanks for the reply! Wondering if you could help me out a little bit more. I read through the manual again... but I don't know what keys to assing! Can you please tell me just so I can have the communication interaction between Captain and FO:Thanks

Hi Sean,Please read the manual a 2nd time.You need to assign buttons to your joystick/keyboard.You press those buttons to run through the checklists/commands.Best,

Thanks for the reply! Wondering if you could help me out a little bit more. I read through the manual again... but I don't know what keys to assing! Can you please tell me just so I can have the communication interaction between Captain and FO:Thanks
Hi Sean,You can use any keys or joystick buttons you like for the assignments.Cheers,

Heey,I am aware of that but what is the name of the commands i need to assign to have the communication working between them. I have looked through the commands inside FSX and inside FS2Crew and i dont know which ones due to the amount of commands that exist.Could you tell me the names of the commands that enable voice communication between captain and FO please? I alredy got the rest down and am only missing out on that =)Thanks

Heey,I am aware of that but what is the name of the commands i need to assign to have the communication working between them. I have looked through the commands inside FSX and inside FS2Crew and i dont know which ones due to the amount of commands that exist.Could you tell me the names of the commands that enable voice communication between captain and FO please? I alredy got the rest down and am only missing out on that =)Thanks
Hi,I'm not sure I really follow.Please re-read the manual.The button version is very simple to operate.You just press the assigned buttons (there are two) to communicate and run through the sequence.Best,

Hi,All I am looking to know is the name of the buttons I need to press to communicate through the sequence. Could you tell me there names please?Thanks

Hi,I'm not sure I really follow.Please re-read the manual.The button version is very simple to operate.You just press the assigned buttons (there are two) to communicate and run through the sequence.Best,

Hi,All I am looking to know is the name of the buttons I need to press to communicate through the sequence. Could you tell me there names please?Thanks
Please read the manual.You need to assign the buttons. There are no specific buttons.Again, please read the manual.Best,

Seann, you only assign two buttons. One for the pilot interaction and the other for secondary commands, such as talking to ground crew. Each of those buttons activates a command, once the command is finished then you simply move onto the next one which is displayed in the window of the FS2Crew control panel. You don't have individual buttons for individual commands. Think of it as pressing a key, reading a line of text and then pressing it again to read the next line... simples! All other commands such as flight briefing, cabin calls and flight attendant interactions are done via the pop up displays accessed through buttons on the control panel. As Bryan has said, it is very straightforward.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi, Ok... This is weird. I read through the manual again. I still dont have it working for me. I press X and C when its time to call checklists and nothing happens. where in FSX do I assign these commands and what are their names please? I couldn't find such information in the manual. It is most proabbaly due to my lack of attention but i've read through the manual 5 times now! Thanks Guys!Sean

Hi again!Please ignore my last post. i got it to work. Such a basic thing to do. In the manual where it said to assign controls i thought that was for normal flying.. not for the communication commands haha Works perfectly fine now!Thanks Guys!- Sean