Sign in to follow this  
Guest christopher barbas

Re : Airbus Series1 Evolution

I just discovered a workaround for the steep climb and descent angle. When you are climbing or descending to the assigned ALT in the MCP wait until you reach it before clicking the knob again to assign a new altitude. I have been experimenting with it the last few days and it has been working for me. The ATHR will reduce power if you reach the assigned airspeed instead of changing pitch and the plane will maintain 360-430 F/M cabin altitude. Cheers

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Re : Airbus Series1 Evolution AVSIM Re : Airbus Series1 Evolution Review Summary / Closing RemarksAt the end of the day, the aircraft of the Airbus Series 1 Evo are great to fly, with a good range of Short to Long Range aircraft. They have significant realism and once the minute errors are identified and understood, you can overcome them and fly the aircraft without even knowing they exist.If you’re a person that thinks take off and landing are the most fun parts of the flight, the short range aircraft will suit you very well but if you like cruise procrastination, the long range aircraft would work very well.These aircraft will definitely not rust in my hangar as they will spend many hours in the air, working happily for my entertainment, day and night. What I Don't Like About The Feelthere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 1 Evo HUD not available in 3D cockpit or panel 2D cockpit Fly By Wire potential error System Display buttons not fully functional at various stages on the ground Some buttons that don’t work Standard DisclaimerThe review above is a subjective assessment of the product by the author. There is no connection between the product producer and the reviewer, and we feel this review is unbiased and truly reflects the performance of the product in the simming environment as experienced by the reviewer. This disclaimer is posted here in order to provide you with background information on the reviewer and any presumed connections that may exist between him/her and the contributing party. Taking advantage from yours review conclusions and especially from AVSIM review "Standard Disclaimer", the last paragraph above, with the small letters, but all paragraphs can be found at the review by the way, I have only to say that this product is the most unreal AIRBUS aircraft simulation ever. It's a pity that this company sells this garbage at all. Thanks
What utter rubbish. I am no fan of Wilco or Feelthere, but facts are facts, this is the most realistically modelled A3XX at this point, and what it does, it now does well. I suspect you simply haven't bothered learning how to operate this bird, going off your conclusion. People saying "there aren't many tangible benefits to the EVO upgrade" ........ What about:- - Hugely, hugely better SIDS and STARS rendition, in the MCDU and on the ND.- Reality XP Weather radar included.- HUD. (fair enough that it only works in 2D but it's still a good rendition).- Systems improvements (ie.. electrics logic etc)- FBW logic improvements. I would have paid for EVO purely for the first item above ............... Perhaps EVO is only suited to Airbus hardcores like me. The realism aspects certainly seem wasted on some (who feel the Aersoft Airbus X is in anyway a sim, lol!). It's not perfect: they should have improved the VC. but it's still a fantastic, highly enjoyable set of aircrafts, and good value.

Guest christopher barbas
What utter rubbish. I am no fan of Wilco or Feelthere, but facts are facts, this is the most realistically modelled A3XX at this point, and what it does, it now does well. I suspect you simply haven't bothered learning how to operate this bird, going off your conclusion. People saying "there aren't many tangible benefits to the EVO upgrade" ........ What about:- - Hugely, hugely better SIDS and STARS rendition, in the MCDU and on the ND.- Reality XP Weather radar included.- HUD. (fair enough that it only works in 2D but it's still a good rendition).- Systems improvements (ie.. electrics logic etc)- FBW logic improvements. I would have paid for EVO purely for the first item above ............... Perhaps EVO is only suited to Airbus hardcores like me. The realism aspects certainly seem wasted on some (who feel the Aersoft Airbus X is in anyway a sim, lol!). It's not perfect: they should have improved the VC. but it's still a fantastic, highly enjoyable set of aircrafts, and good value.
Well what a spammer. You don't have even the tiny idea of what you are talking about, you hardcore flightsimmer, lets applause! Just waisting my time to post again here!!!

Can you please tell us what Airbus addon do you use to fly as real as it gets?

Airbus X finally got uninstalled from my computer since I was never able to get it reliably flyable (although I thought it looked nice). I have been back in the Wilco models for a few flights after I upgraded with Evolution. I have been enjoying myself. And now the cockpit windows are not painted black. You can see the "evil twins" pilot and copilot. (Look for yourself.) I thought the upgrades for Vol 1 and Vol 2 were a little pricey (and then add the upgrade for FS2Crew), but it makes for a better Airbus. It reminds me of the movie "As Good As It Gets," like Jack Nicholson is still crazy at the end, but at least he gets Helen Hunt for a girlfriend. Maybe not perfect, but it'll have to do.

Given persistant CTDs whenever changes are made to the approach I have to take back what I said in the previous post. I guess I just wasted my time and money on an unstable product. (The suggestion of removing a particular file having to do with the flight management computer didn't work.) It is now uninstalled and I am giving up on Airbus in flight sim. Twice I have almost completed EGLL-KLAX only to have a CTD when the flight was almost over! There are good long-haul Boeing alternatives for FSX.

Don't give up completely yet. There are two Airbuses on the horizon that could be worth a look. One is the advanced Aerosoft Airbus, which could end up being nice of the FBW problems are fixed forever (and if mroe functionality is added, but we already know that's gonna happen). The other is the FSLabs Airbus. FSLabs already did a very nice Concorde, so I'm hoping that they will be able to pull an Airbus off. The main guy ahs worked on the PMDG MD-11 too, so he has his share of experience. We'll have to wait and see, but until then, I'm flying the LDS767, PMDG MD-11 and PMDG 737NGX. And here and there, the PMDG 747, and, if it proves good enough with v4.5, also the CS757.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Tim, The issue you are seeing tends to be associated with the NavData that comes with Evolution (1010 cycle; Oct 2010). It tends to take issue with your existing Airbus Series installation. I have the problem too, but I found that uninstalling the airbus and the evo pack, then re-installing both completely cured the issue (as the NavData remained). I use FS2Crew in the Airbus Evo 1 & 2 : it's pretty sublime when all works out! for FS9 users, there is also a superb texture update for the VC, available via a Russian site (google it). FS9 only that one though I'm afraid. @ Christopher Barbas: I have been simming for 20+ years, I'm an ex-AVSIM Staff Reviewer (retired due to health issue), and have been around here for 10 years. Not quite a spammer my friend. Who were you again ? If you don't want responses to your comments; make them a little more considered, and don't judge a product detrimentally, just because you haven't learned to use it properly. Kind regards,Stick

Wellwhat a spammer. You don't have even the tiny idea of what you are talking about, you hardcore flightsimmer, lets applause!Just waisting my time to post again here!!!
Wellwhat a spammer. You don't have even the tiny idea of what you are talking about, you hardcore flightsimmer, lets applause!Just waisting my time to post again here!!!
TO: christopher barbasHey it's sure utter rubbish as what you are talking about. I flew with it and I would say it's alot better then the previous airbus! Heck, I would say it's the best airbus currently available. I have no problems flying these birds however, you can't get the most realistic airbus most probably in my view is because about safety. Because the flightsim world has already been accused before of the 9/11 attacks... If you don't understand what I'm talking about... APPLAUSE!!