Sign in to follow this  
Guest christopher barbas

Re : Airbus Series1 Evolution

Guest christopher barbas

Re : Airbus Series1 EvolutionAVSIM Re : Airbus Series1 Evolution ReviewSummary / Closing RemarksAt the end of the day, the aircraft of the Airbus Series 1 Evo are great to fly, with a good range of Short to Long Range aircraft. They have significant realism and once the minute errors are identified and understood, you can overcome them and fly the aircraft without even knowing they exist.If you’re a person that thinks take off and landing are the most fun parts of the flight, the short range aircraft will suit you very well but if you like cruise procrastination, the long range aircraft would work very well.These aircraft will definitely not rust in my hangar as they will spend many hours in the air, working happily for my entertainment, day and night.What I Don't Like About The Feelthere/Wilco Airbus Series Vol 1 Evo HUD not available in 3D cockpit or panel 2D cockpit Fly By Wire potential error System Display buttons not fully functional at various stages on the ground Some buttons that don’t workStandard DisclaimerThe review above is a subjective assessment of the product by the author. There is no connection between the product producer and the reviewer, and we feel this review is unbiased and truly reflects the performance of the product in the simming environment as experienced by the reviewer. This disclaimer is posted here in order to provide you with background information on the reviewer and any presumed connections that may exist between him/her and the contributing party.Takingadvantage from yours review conclusions and especially from AVSIM review "Standard Disclaimer", the last paragraph above, with the small letters, but all paragraphs can be found at the review by the way,I have only to say that this product is the most unreal AIRBUS aircraft simulation ever. It's a pity that this company sells this garbage at all.Thanks

You got to be kidding me. You think the Wilco is "more unreal" than the Overland Airbus? Heck, it's got more system depth than the Aerosoft Airbus and unlike the PSS it has got FBW. Also, unlike the AirSimmer, it delivers most of what it promises and it doesn't crash my sim. Please explain: how do you think it is the most unreal ever?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Have to agree, the Wilco Airbus Evolution series is so far the best Airbus Simulation, it´s by no means perfect, but compared to other addons it really is the best.

ArjunSome quick questions if i may on what you reviewed ... to help most i think understand your "better than expected" review !!

a) FSX
or
FS9b)Wico (original) + Upgrade
or
Evo Full Install

I fly the original + upgrade on FSX & frankly don't see any tangible benefits .. certainly not with VNAV nor autotune, both of which are more than frustrating to workaround, even given one can fiddle with the airac database to solve some issues.That said & as I implied, it is one of my planes because of its gauges clarity, 2D pop-ups & compatability with Topcat & FSUIPC macros.I do wonder though whether I should put the hard word on Wilco for a full package install (at a discount), hence my questions on what you reviewed.Looking forward to your reply & any comments by the team !

for now, cheers

john martin

The 'Evolution' addition/package is a hack job of the original effort not supported/developed by the original team. I know I was on the team. It would have been nice if you fairly reviewed the original package that was both for FSX and FS9, that would have given you a more accurate assessment of what the team was trying to accomplished here. In the original package all switches worked and there wasn't hack jobs in the VC for things like weather radar and such... The 'Evolution' package given the dignity of a review in the same space as the original work which is almost insulting. Since when do third party additions to work reflect the original work? Wilco marketing this package as if it's an official upgrade is over the top as well. :angry:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest christopher barbas

OkThe big problem of this product is that, in my opinion of course, the aircraft behavior in descent phase and approach phase, is not even like "close to reality".I don't care about switches and whatever.You cannot fly this aircraft at those phases I told before plus the aircraft "brakes" in the air so much as not.You can read thousands of these complaints all over the internet, I am not the only one and of course I do not have something against those companies but it's a simple as that.Regards

OkThe big problem of this product is that, in my opinion of course, the aircraft behavior in descent phase and approach phase, is not even like "close to reality".
Indeed, I have had similar problems. Sometimes it was downright catastrophic, but the last few flights I did went very smoothly. So sometimes it seemed to work for me, and sometimes not. Still, to say it is the most unreal is harsh. To date it's still the most complete attempt and probably the most successful attempt.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

To date it's still the most complete attempt and probably the most successful attempt.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. My signature banner will clearly suggest what Airbus simulation I find best and this is after many hours spent in Wilco buses (not Evolution).Neither is this the right thread to compare these products not would I like to bother doing it. But reading a similar sentence repeated I simply wanted to remind fellow simmers that some beg to differ in their views. :wink:Peace!PS AirSimmer does not 'crash' my sim in any way.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. My signature banner will clearly suggest what Airbus simulation I find best and this is after many hours spent in Wilco buses (not Evolution).Neither is this the right thread to compare these products not would I like to bother doing it. But reading a similar sentence repeated I simply wanted to remind fellow simmers that some beg to differ in their views. :wink:Peace!PS AirSimmer does not 'crash' my sim in any way.
Don't worry, I'm fully aware that others have different opinions - reminding me isn't necessary. With a mother from Israel, it's one of the first things I learned as a baby tongue.gif

Benjamin van Soldt

Here's my only question....I already own Vol1 and and Vol1 Deluxe Upgrade. Am I missing anything NOT having EVO?

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Depends on what you'd call "missing". Essentially, the eve update tries to fix managed descent and climb, by having the MCDU calculate everything better. They have succeeded to some degree, but they're still not there yet. They also added a HUGS (only in 2D) and a weather radar. Then there are some modifications to the electrics and some other minor things. I don't really need the stuff that's in eve, to be honest. My Vol 2 airbuses work just fine without it.

Benjamin van Soldt

I just want to comment on the FBW behavior on take off. The reason the plane pitches up after take off is because the trim will change to 4.9 on its own after moving the throttle to FLEX. I read in the wilco forums that using Expert mode would solve the problem and it did. For what is worth, it is the best Airbus simulation available(IMHO). It's true that there is a problem with the decent rates, but it isn't as bad as it was before the Evolution upgrade. And I don't have any problem with approach as long as I set the APP speed correctly.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I flew plain ole Vol1 "Pro" for the VATSIM Northern Migration other night and takeoff and decent were fine. Smoothest ride I had in like 10 years to be honest, but some of that was my new hardware also. I just don't see the need right now to upgrade IMHO; wondering why this was a NEW pack instead of just a free update? Oh, well, I will stop while I am ahead. :)But the Vol1 A321 was VERY nice other night. :)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Hi Guys, Vadriver: I only tested the FS9 version. I was under the impression that someone else was reviewing the FSX Version but i am not too sure about what happened to that or if i misunderstood everything. Mine was a full install Evo but to what i've heard, the patch and the full install gives you the same thing at the end of the day. nam1394: Thanks for the fix. I'll try it. It got very annoying with that problem as i was in Intermediate mode and not in Expert. To all the other guys out there, i know there are a fair few Airbus addons but Wilco is the only one i've flown to date. I've tried to be as factual as possible while writing the review.