Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Does any expert painter out there want to give me advice on how to line this up better where I dont see this line going across the window... Man it annoys and bugs me to see it... I try everything in lining up and I cant get to where that line in the windown is gone....

Carlitos Colon

That line in the window is where the 2 sections meet.(i.e. the front and middle sections). The line is a white unpainted area. I have found that just using the rectangular marquee tool and highlighting the front, middle or rear section using the vertical alignment guides is not always 100% accurate. Sometimes it is..sometimes it isn't. When you paste the "Copy Merged" painted section from the master template to the appropriate fuseage psd file, adjust your newly pasted layer to about a 55% opacity.

The zoom down so you can get to the small detail (pixel square) level. I usually use the white labels with red text that are on the cabin doors. Move your newly pasted layer until the detail lines up perfectly with the original psd detail in the background. That's why you're making your new layer semi-transparent at 55% so you can see the difference.

After you're happy with the alignment, put your opacity for your copied layer back to 100%. Then merge the two layers and save as the appropriate dds file. l always do this before I finalize a paint to for uploading. It makes sure everything is aligned. Those vertical alignment marks can get accidently moved if you're not careful as they can be selected and moved.

I hope this helps...

The Britannia non-winglets edition is now ready :)

brit1.jpg

brit2.jpg

That is very impressive... Looks awesome buddy

And thanks :) hope you like it.

hey steve thx for the advice i did exactly what you told me and still there... ill keep messing with it til that dang line is gone lol... Or hell I just remove that window if I can figure out how to do that right...lol.. thx steve for the advice tho..

Carlitos Colon

brit1.jpg

brit2.jpg

And thanks :) hope you like it.

I certainly will m8 thank you.... If you get time my friend see if you can pull that TEA off lol

Hello All

This is Thomson Airways new livery and while I much prefer the Britannia classic, this is a improvement on TOM current bland scheme!

I think it would look amazing on the PMDG NGX series 700, 700WL, 800 & 800WL

Gosh I wish I was good at painting right now LoL

Kimberly.

Jonas you are a star, that looks stunning, thank you very much

Steve

Steve Merriman

Kimberly nothing should stop you from becoming good :)

Kimberly nothing should stop you from becoming good :)

Ditto! I agree...lol. The only area on that paint scheme that might give a little bit of a challenge would be the rear area where the dark and light blue are near the horizontal stabs. That is a fairly straight forward scheme.

That's on my "to do" list and will probably be the next bird after the NAC -600. I don't anticipate starting on it until sometime this weekend. I have been working on my National and Frontier retro repaints some as well. I have had a lot of other non-FSX endeavors occupying my time lately. Can't put them out every other day like I was there for awhile...lol.

Thank you so much! I am sure with your abilities it will be a real beauty. :)

MSP-JUL97-UA-733-N926UA-a.tif.jpg

Jack

Thank you so much! I am sure with your abilities it will be a real beauty. :)

MSP-JUL97-UA-733-N926UA-a.tif.jpg

Jack

Jack,

That's exaclty what I have in mind. It is next after the NAC -600. I might get it started sooner. The anti-glare panel is giving me fits painting it. So If I decide by the weekend I can't get the anti-glare panel right, I'll release a version without it and hopefully release a follow-up with the correct panel. But that United livery is close to being started.

Hello All

This is Thomson Airways new livery and while I much prefer the Britannia classic, this is a improvement on TOM current bland scheme!

I think it would look amazing on the PMDG NGX series 700, 700WL, 800 & 800WL

Gosh I wish I was good at painting right now LoL

Kimberly.

Kimberly,

I could not resist playing with that when I saw it. Here's a shot of a -800 with winglets. I have to move the rear colors forward to fix the color gap. It will line up perfectly. I'll probably do this as a fictional livery and it will be "clean"...no dirt. The screenshot is nowhere close to the finished product. It just gives you an idea.

InitialThompson-1.jpg

I could not resist playing with that when I saw it. Here's a shot of a -800 with winglets. I have to move the rear colors forward to fix the color gap. It will line up perfectly. I'll probably do this as a fictional livery and it will be "clean"...no dirt. The screenshot is nowhere close to the finished product. It just gives you an idea.

InitialThompson-1.jpg

Steve your a man after my own heart!!!

Seriously good livery and you always do such a good job :)

As for me painting, some people have it - I certainly don't... I have always loved art, but just can't do it for some reason :( GRR!

Steve, which programme do you use to paint your liverys?

Kimberly...

could someone make a repaint of this for the NGX -600/-700 series? :)

Is coming :wink:

Ricardo De Luca