Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

I thought I was making great progress on the Thomson bird in the new livery. I ran into the issue that GeonCarlos had with his window line. It's an issue that you will not see with a white background. I've been doing mostly -600 and -700 birds. The paintkit for those 2 versions seems to be okay and I can work around the quirks. The -800/-900 center section psd file does not line up with the same section off the master psd file. The windows are not aligned nor are the door frames, etc. I also found the windows on the belly section in the alpha channel that a previous poster had the issue with.

I could have sworn there was an update to the -800 paintkit. If so, I'll try that route. In the meantime here's an in-progress shot of the new Thomas bird. All that's left is to fix the white line across the fuselage (caused by the issues with the paintkit files) and then adjust the dark blue on the top front where it distorts. I'm hoping to figure it out and get this livery uploaded this weekend. We will have to see how the troubleshooting goes.

InitialThompson-2.jpg

*More Shivering* *More Drueling*

*MORE I WANT!!*

i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait i cant wait

wow steve that is beautiful m8 well done look forward to flying that one.

You won't be flying it unless I can get that white line removed where the middle and rear fuselage sections meet...lol. The PSD file in the 800/900 paintkit looks like it's a mixture of a 600/700 and 800/900. The side lights by the door are round like the 600/700, but the door frames are double like a 800/900 and the decals or windows don't line up. All of this is in relation to the PSD file. It's not critical since you're pasting a non-transparent paint layer over it. I use the detail on the PSD file to align what I paste so they match. That way everything lines up right.

If I have to, I'll start completely from scratch. I've been working on a soultion using the original PMDG 800 dds files as my "past to" files and saving them from there. It's getting closer, but not there yet. Here's an alignment testing shot. No white line in it, but I still got a faint one when I went back to the real colors. Boy am I glad I do mostly -600 and -700s...lol.

sectionalignment.jpg

Here's the fuselage 2 PSD alpha channel. That's what caused the windows on the bottom of the fuselage for that post a while back. I'm sure painters figured it out. If an update to the paint kit hasn't been released, then this issue still exists.

I can find in the forum where the 600/700 paintkit was updated to correct errors and the PMDG site reflects that. Nothing anywhere on the 800/900 paintkit being updated.

Alpha-Windows.jpg

InitialThompson-2.jpg

GORGEOUS. :Hug:

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Craig,

I just finished uploading the NAC -600 to the AVSIM library. It should be available shortly for you to download. That anti-glare panel did give me fits, but I got it where it was acceptable to me. Thanks to Chris Hick's help in steering me in the right direction. I still have the modernized front end version (picture #4 below). The nose is the only difference with versus the historical paint scheme.

Thankyou so so much Steve for all the hard work you put into this. The guys over in New Zealand will love this.

Thankyou so so much Steve for all the hard work you put into this. The guys over in New Zealand will love this.

You're quite welcome! I just hate it that the anti-glare panel gave me so much trouble. I'm sure the NAC -600 will go over well.

As far as this Thomson challenge... Since a lot of folks can't wait for the Thomson livery, I'll post of few more shots to hold them over. I'm taking a break from it and might not get back to it until tomorrow. The line at the joins has me perplexed and I've never encounter it before. I might just start completely from scratch again. More testing is needed. Here are 3 screnshots.

Thomson-1.jpg

Thomson-2.jpg

Thomson-3.jpg

I'm perplexed myself, Steve. I can see the line on one of my earlier 800s, but I don't see it on my Southwests. I don't know if I've changed files or my procedures along the way, but I don't get it now.

Chris Hicks

I'm perplexed myself, Steve. I can see the line on one of my earlier 800s, but I don't see it on my Southwests. I don't know if I've changed files or my procedures along the way, but I don't get it now.

I'll crack it! If it does not show up on some and does on others, there has to be a reason. It just might take me a few days to figure it out. That -800 paintkit does have a messed up fuselage 2 psd file...lol.

I got a PM request to paint the livery below. I don't have the time to do it. I'll throw it out here and try to help the requestor. It would probably look good on any NGX version.

SeychellesLivery.jpg

You're quite welcome! I just hate it that the anti-glare panel gave me so much trouble. I'm sure the NAC -600 will go over well.

As far as this Thomson challenge... Since a lot of folks can't wait for the Thomson livery, I'll post of few more shots to hold them over. I'm taking a break from it and might not get back to it until tomorrow. The line at the joins has me perplexed and I've never encounter it before. I might just start completely from scratch again. More testing is needed. Here are 3 screnshots.

Thomson-1.jpg

Thomson-2.jpg

Thomson-3.jpg

Got to say this again after seeing more screenshots Steve this is really awesome paint and i can only hope the issues gets resolved because it is certainly one of the best paints i have seen in here to date.. m8 ..

Thanks again Steve

2012-4-29_9-31-38-394-1.jpg

2012-4-29_9-32-13-108-1.jpg

Craig,

That brings back memories, the "Godwit"and remember the "Wings Of the Nation" they painted on the fuselage ?

Thanks for a great paint Steve, it is a masterpiece.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

For the first time since its release, today there were NO (none, zip, zero, zilch, nada) 737 NGX repaints to download from the AVSIM file library. What is going on? I noticed that Marcelo and Gustavo are painting "other" aircraft and Rich has a vision problem. Good thing someone posted a 747 repaint, or I would have been skunked.

So let me take this opportunity to thank the 94 different painters who have generated the 640 different repaints for the NGX. It has been a privileged labor of love to download, unzip, collate, and categorize these repaints. The level of talent is unbelievable. Thank goodness for 2TB hard drives.

P.S. Ivy Bridge is out today ... woohoo

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg