Sign in to follow this  
crvm

The Dawn of a New Era

Avsim has and continues to be a friendly gathering place for flightsim enthusiasts World wide. Many years ago a number of us, who frequented these forums with a avid zeal of aviation simulation, participated in various technical debates, creation of mods and shared knowledge of various aircraft mechanics. It was a time of great ideas - of what 'could' be. Of course a few developers had already made a dramatic impact on the community and had garnered their own a really excited user. One of the lessor known developers was Precision Manuals Development Group. Back in 2002 I found myself intrigued by this company's philosophy. They had created some impressive Fly! Boeing 757-767 add-ons and we're enthusiastically talking about 'realism' and what perhaps and should be in our sim aircraft. Who wouldn't be drawn to such ideas? How far could it be taken considering our limitations on technology (i.e. computer power)? PMDG's debut in MSFS with their acclaimed 737 - The Next Generation 600/700 pointed the way. I personally had the pleasure of beta on this aircraft and even then I could see the drive and determination of the developers in their quest for 'as real as it gets'. Of course that's not to say that this company was not plagued by what many other's are - namely constraints, costs and whatnots yet the vision has remained crystal clear. Words cannot convey my feelings over this 737 NGX series simulator. I Had dream long ago and yet here I am beholding a wonder of technology and of a love from a company that shared similar ideals for a perfect simulation of the 737 aircraft. Personally I never thought that it could be done in the manner presented to us - yet here it sits in all it's beautiful glory. The 737 NGX has set me a flight once again into new horizons.Rob, Dr V, Vin, Tabs and all the rest of PMDG - I salute you sirs - as a friend and customer. Your time has come and I must say that one of the desires of my heart have now come to pass. Of course many might sneer at an adulation and to that I say CHEERS and good flight to you!

Agree! Now I don't know if I have the story correct but if I remember PMDG was so close to closing up shop because they were told there models were not good enough. If this is true, just shows where a little persistence takes you in life!

I would like to say just banal words....but that's the truthIt is just thanks to companies like PMDG that flight simulation is still gorgeously alive in the world and I wish to express my deepest compliments to PMDG and other companies to have kept dramatically high the flight simulation quality level.If it was up to Microsoft we would be still with Orbit airlines and 2005 stuff ,never forget that mates.Thanks PMDG , you are real ProsMark Fosseth

Fellow simmers, we are living in the Golden Age of Flight Simulation, and the NGX is to be a classic which the ages shall not weary. No wonder Microsoft is slow bringing its Flight to market. FSX has such longevity!

Mike Beckwith

Fellow simmers, we are living in the Golden Age of Flight Simulation, and the NGX is to be a classic which the ages shall not weary. No wonder Microsoft is slow bringing its Flight to market. FSX has such longevity!
Some 10 years ago i was flabbergasted by the introduction of the VC concept. Now there was a game changing idea! if only it could look better... shortly after that add-ons followed improving on the realistic look of the VC.and with limited use of some buttons to fly the plane, but to survive a landing, you'd have to use the fully functional 2d panel. Now, the opposite has become reality: in order to enjoy full operation of the aircraft you need to use the VC as it'll be impossible to find a place for everything on the 2d panels. I have always anticipated that the future of flightsim was going to be a further development of the VC and with that in mind i chose to invest in monitors, trackir,matrox triplehead, ezdock camera etc, so as to get myself 'inside' the VC. i'm glad i did and find myself prepared for the grand finale of VC evolution! (let's hope afinale to the first Act with more to follow) I think that even those who have been building expensive real sized 737 cockpits aregoing to be upset by this release and will scratch their heads. Perhaps 10 years from now we'll be wearing 3d glasses and virtual reality gloves so we can see but the cockpit around us and 'touch' the knobs on the overhead panel.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

i would say its the Virtual 3D cockpits new age!. Anyone whos still using the 2d stuff thats fine I understand and some peoples PCs just cant handle it. Im persoanly done with 2D though since getting TrackIR and Ezdok. It just adds 200% to the immersion factor. I hope Fs2crew is not too far behind release all though I understand it depends very much on the SDK.

For me it has changed for sure aswell - previous to the 737 I was 99% 2D and 1% VC but what can I say - this cockpit has changed all that .....Its 99% VC and 1% 2D now ..... the 1% was just to test the sounds ...... :(

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer