Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Getting access to the manuals without installing the product

Warren is right, this time it's little different. We are talking about software that simulates real thing to the point that was never achieved before and full set of documentation that goes with real thing. This can not be compared to MD-11, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some protection if PDFs it it possible, and if you remember, for a long time we were unsure if we will get full set in PDF, actually I'm not sure if it was officially confirmed that we will... ;) Regards,

It was officially confirmed that there are no protections on the boeing manuals, but I havent read if they include them all but I think it will edit: if you mean with protection as no printing ... I think you cant edit them but that doesnt count as protection for me ...also Ryan said 'The airplane does come with the real life Boeing manuals' so I think all will be included

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

It was officially confirmed that there are no protections on the boeing manuals,
You are mixing stuff up. There are protections, copyright protections, but it doesn't mean you can't print them for their own use.

thats what i'm wanting to say ... sorry for my bad english :)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Here's a collection of quotes that should answer any/all questions about the Boeing manuals...

There will be differences, but they should be close. The Boeing manuals come with the plane as PDFs too by the way.
All of the manuals are printable, I don't know where the idea that they aren't got started, we never said that.
Rhen- Restrictive text will appear in the NGX manuals because it is required by the copyright owner. You can print them for your personal use, but your local printer should be required to adhere to any restrictions in the document. Your mileage may vary. I recognize that this is not what you want to hear- but the alternative is no manuals- and obviously that isn't going to work either!
Yes it's likely that the intro and tutorials will be released for free download first. We can't release the actual FCOM, FTCM andQRH for free because of Boeing's legal concerns, those will come only with the product. The intro is over 100 pages though and explains everything you're getting quite well.

How many pages are the PDF manuals? Since I am going to get them professionally printed?

How many pages are the PDF manuals? Since I am going to get them professionally printed?
You would ask something covered by the one post I didn't quote! LOL.gifAbout 3500 pages. It was mentioned as an approximation during a discussion on piracy protection

You would ask something covered by the one post I didn't quote! LOL.gifAbout 3500 pages. It was mentioned as an approximation during a discussion on piracy protection
That's what I remember too.
Here's a collection of quotes that should answer any/all questions about the Boeing manuals...
Thank you
The manuals are built into the installer of the PMDG 737NGX. You will have to install the PMDG 737NGX in order to access the manuals. The manuals will not be available for separate download at any time before, during, or after release.
Thanks for this statement.So one other question remains for me: When I buy the NGX on my laptop (on which I don't have FSX installed, because it's actually my mothers one tongue.png ), is it possible to install it on it, so that I can read the manuals then?Of cause I still want to install the NGX on my "real" computer and so I want to know if this is still possible due to the piracy protections?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

That's what I remember too. Thank you Thanks for this statement.So one other question remains for me: When I buy the NGX on my laptop (on which I don't have FSX installed, because it's actually my mothers one tongue.png ), is it possible to install it on it, so that I can read the manuals then?Of cause I still want to install the NGX on my "real" computer and so I want to know if this is still possible due to the piracy protections?
You can install the NGX on more than one computer as long as you're the only one using the NGX. As for installing on your laptop, I'm pretty sure you'll need FSX installed first.

You can install the NGX on more than one computer as long as you're the only one using the NGX. As for installing on your laptop, I'm pretty sure you'll need FSX installed first.
I do also think so.So, do you konw any methods how to get around this? Maybe somehow faking an FSX installation? Any ideas?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I do also think so.So, do you konw any methods how to get around this? Maybe somehow faking an FSX installation? Any ideas?
As far as I know, the best you can do is install FSX, install the NGX, copy the manuals to a jump drive or some other media & then uninstall the NGX & FSX. Maybe one of the staff can help you, but I've no idea how many files/folders the installer will need to 'find' before working.

I think it would be possible for him to run the installer on his laptop without FSX. Sure it will ask him/you if this is the correct folder since it does not exist and such, but as long as it does not actively check for a full FSX installation you should do okay.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Hi guys,sadly I'll be to holidays from the 31st to the 10th August. But as the NGX releases in this time, would it be possible to get access to the manuals when I buy the NGX in holidays on my notebook (On which FSX isn't installed, which is why I can't install the NGX on it)? I'd love to have something good to read in the holidays, so is there any way I could get the manuals after I've bought the NGX without installing it? Thanks for your helpEmanuel Hagen
Iam sure u can wait for another week u been been waiting for a long time so another week wont do any harm, wish i was on holidays i know what i be doing i wouldnt be worried about any pc related gear or even what happening at home if i were awy that is. be drinking to much and wouldnt able to read anything anywayParty.gif

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

like I said earlier 3 post above ... about 1 day before release you'll be able to dl it in your usual place ...
So, the website will change one day before the release so we can then buy it and download the manuals?

So, the website will change one day before the release so we can then buy it and download the manuals?
You did not keep reading the topic until PMDG replied.
The manuals are built into the installer of the PMDG 737NGX. You will have to install the PMDG 737NGX in order to access the manuals. The manuals will not be available for separate download at any time before, during, or after release.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip