Sign in to follow this  
Deputydog857

Appology to the Avsim communinty and PMDG staff

Several years ago I ventured into the Flight Sim world and became hooked. I also experienced my first online purchases. The first few were horrible and down right disgusting and I actually was scammed out of several hundred dollars. By the time I came and purchased a few PMDG products I had convinced myself that the same would happen again. Once I didn't get the "instant" gratification (issues with software compatability) I resorted to becoming hostile with probably some of the best customer support folks out there. I threatened legal action and a whole lot of immature bile. After some time I logged in a few days ago and after becoming irrated at not being able to access my account (which was locked understandly) I resorted to cussing at the community again. Believe it or not this is a totally opposite behavour for me in real life. One poster said something that finally put the light on. I remembered that there are REAL people on the other end of this keyboard. Until then it was very easy to angerly "type out" my frustration, rather than opening my eyes to all of helpful folks out there. I just wanted to relay my sincere apology to everyone who read my rantings. And I thank everyone who has offered answers to my questions. Jack

Wow. It takes a real guy to do this. Good job. And even though I'm relatively new here, apology accepted Big%20Grin.gif

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

No, it isn't. It is just embarrassing. For the poor spelling as much as the sentiment. Gerry

No, it isn't. It is just embarrassing. For the poor spelling as much as the sentiment. Gerry
What's embarrassing is kicking a man while he's down. Same on you, sir.

Well, I believe I read your last post. In my eyes, you've redeemed yourself. It does take a real man to do this. Thanks.

I think he made up his mind just because of 737 NGX and his useful forum. If he was coherent he shouldn't come here but sometimes a second chance might be granted...

I think he made up his mind just because of 737 NGX and his useful forum. If he was coherent he shouldn't come here but sometimes a second chance might be granted...
Actually Mark II my comments have nothing to do with any new products or future purchases. I felt a personal obligation to post this since I felt I owed it to all those affected. As for the negative responses I guess those are to be expected. However my reason for the posting still stands.

I don't think I have read the OPs post he is referring to so normally I would not have opted to respond to this thread. However, I have seen a few have not accepted his apologies. Personally I am of the opinion that people should have the chance to apologise. We're all human and we all make mistakes. Occasionally we might say or do something we will later regret, because we were in a bad state of mind or because we didn't think our actions through or for a number of reasons. The point is, that no matter how good-nature or soft-spoken or polite one might be, any of us has the potential to do this sort of mistake. Therefore it is important to be able to apologise and let everyone put the matter at rest, rather than keep every insult hanging. The person who delivered it burdened by the shame, the person who received it angered or annoyed by it. No one is obliged to forgive and forget of course, but to apologise publicly to strangers is a rare thing and we shouldn't dismiss it out of hand. So for my part, however small it may be in this, apology accepted.

Bravo Jack! It takes a man to admit you were handling it wrong. Glad to have you back on this community :)

I always take my hat off to anyone who admits they are wrong and substantiates it with an apology. Nice one Jack.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Actually, I believe the OP's actions should be judged from this point onwards. He's made an Apology, recognized he messed up, and looking to make life better. I've blasted PMDG in the past, Publicly, and it got me no where. I even spoke one on one to Robert Randazzo himself, on the phone about my issues, and realize it's just not worth getting worked up over. Since I lost my wife in 2009, I see life completely different. Losing a spouse and raising 2 kids on your own, really puts life in a new light. You learn not to sweat the small things. Good for you, for taking the step. Now to keep stepping in the right direction.

In the recent past I have issued PMDG because to me it seemed to me that seeing " coming soon " after a year it was too much but now , seeing the classy communication that PMDG is using with customers, my posts are plenty of compliments to PMDG. Usually before posting I think and it may happen to regret but it sounds a bit strange doing that just before the release of NGX. Told that, I see the reason to accept his apologies, even if I am a rookie in this forum.

deputydog..... is that who i think it is? :)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Good on you mate ...keep up that heading and attitude, it seems right to me!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead