Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Bermuda

System for 737NGX

Hi,Is the a good System for the 737NGX ? MSI P67A-C45Intel Core i5-2500 3,3 GhzGEIL 8 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 im Kit (2 bar a 4 GB)Zotac GTX 560, 1024 MB graphics memorySamsung 1 TB, 32 MB Cache, 7200 rpm Windows 7 64 bit Best Regards

I would concur. I have recently been running FSX on my laptop and it runs at a consistent 20-40 FPS with the PMDG 747-400X. The system is a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 (Arrandale), 4GB DDR3 1067 MHz, and a Nvidia GT330M. (It is actually a MacBook Pro 2010 15in running in Bootcamp.)

Shouldn't be a problem. Just might wanna look for a 10.000 rpm HDD though, to reduce loading times a bit.

Seems that many out there upgrade their systems in anticipation of NGX.

I would like to advise to change the 2500 to the 2500k (only about $ 10 more expensive).When you have setup the rig and are fine with it and all stable the 2500k will make it possible to overclock easily which should give you some extra FPS. but as said before you will experience good framerates with the 2500 also. Fred Koch

That's strange. I always see questions like "is this a good system for the ngx ?" from those who has got high end Computers.So do this people don't know about the hardware which is in theire PCs ? Sometimes it's the best on the market and they worry about frames... sorry I don't understand...

Kind regards from Germany :)

Yannic Walther

It will be fine, don`t worry. I put a new CPU in last week, not the best in the world but what I could afford. I hoped to get away with this spare mobo but knew it to be dodgy since a power outage in a storm. Unfortunately its buzzing and not retaining OC settings, something it did only after the power outage and subsequent PSU blow out a week later. So I ordered a new mobo for next Wednesday, luckilly I got an email to say their was a delay and chose another that will be here Monday. So its a build up and retest during the week, hopefully the NGX will follow. I`ll be so glad to end this damn buzzing noise too.

Hi,thanks , presenty i have a notebook this ist a complete new system extra for the PMDG 737NGX.sry my english ist not the best.

I wonder if PMDG will get a commission from Nvidia or Intel, for the sudden rush to upgrade by everyone!

That's a lot better than what I am using, and performance is very good on my rig.
And what exactly are you using Vin?

I have an E7600 with an 9800GT plus 4 gigs of DDR3, running a 64 bit system. I am fully aware I won't be able to run the NGX with full sliders, but still... can i expect at least 15fps with medium sliders? I know i can do the 747 at 30fps constantly. Thanks.

Cristi Neagu

I have an E7600 with an 9800GT plus 4 gigs of DDR3, running a 64 bit system. I am fully aware I won't be able to run the NGX with full sliders, but still... can i expect at least 15fps with medium sliders? I know i can do the 747 at 30fps constantly. Thanks.
If you can do the 747 at 30fps, then you should be able to do the ngx at that. The 747 you speak of....I presume it is the PMDG 747?

What resolution are you guys running FSX on? I can only get good and mostly great performance if I downgrade to my old monitor running on a 1280x1024 resolutoin. 1920x1080 sends me into the teens. my rig has a first gen i7 920 OCed to 3.6GTX 460 factory Oced9 gigs of Ram at 1033 MHZ with extremely low timings of 9-9-9-24a sounds card and the Rampage II GENE

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda