Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

FPS Performance

I have flown the NGX at a few default FSX airports with no add-on scenery, clear weather, and I cant get anything above 20FPS, even at 38,000. I have a 4.05 GHZ Quad core and a EVGA 580 GTX. How is everyone else doing as far as FPS is concerned?

Hmm I'm doing pretty good besides random CTD and freeze ups. Did you follow the setup guide in the "Intro" doc?

Brandon Burkley

i also have a 4 ghz cpu and a gtx 580 i can get 40-50 fps in 38000 feet actully the pmdg is running better than the ifly 737 on my pc so im more than happy with this bird.

I am getting 60-80 fps with my new machine on the 2D panel. This rocks! Installation wasa breeze. I just jumped in the the FMC is cake if you already know the PDMG 747 FMC.I am at KMCO with all sliders pretty maxed out. I am using a new computer990X cpu OC to 4.2 ghz12 mb ramliquid cooled590 cardWiindows 7 64 I am headed to Tampa (KTPA) and have FlyTampa installed there. Let's see what happens now.

Paul Gugliotta

15-30 in VC, depending which airport30-60 in 2Dlocked at 60. Only performance tweak is:Poolsize=98304 Rest is as per Intro manual of PMDG.

I'm getting 15-20fps with a 2.33Ghz Core2Quad on the ground at default EGLL. I'd say you've got some sort of other issues.

Try reinstalling FSX, i do not have the 737NGX but i had a simmiler problem with CS 757. I reinstalled FS and now it runs much better. Or first try defragmenting your system that might do it as well.

VC German Airports 2 Hannover: 24->32 FPSOutside GAP2 Hannover : 70->95FPS I think i can be verry happy with that, muuuch better than the Ifly, but, wehen you do aour mouse out of cockpit, just do it to the left ore full up, i have about 5 to 10 frames more, great :)

Yes I'm not happy with FPS so far 12-20 usingI7 930. 4.0480 gtx 12 gig DDR3 SSD HDI've been hearing about performance increase for the whole year but this is what I'm seeing.I loaded pmdg 747 on the same airport will allThe other addons running and I got 20-25fpsOn the ground.Any ideas why ?

Yes I'm not happy with FPS so far 12-20 usingI7 930. 4.0480 gtx12 gig DDR3SSD HD I've been hearing about performance increasefor the whole year but this is what I'm seeing. I loaded pmdg 747 on the same airport will allThe other addons running and I got 20-25fpsOn the ground. Any ideas why ?
Same for me

Keithy George

I'm also running a 4GHz i7-950 and a GTX 580 and can't get above 20FPS until I take off then it goes to around 30 FPS, but don't get me wrong my FPS have dropped to as low as 9FPS and its still so fluid with no hick ups or stuttering of any short idk how it's possible, but this airplane still performs better than anything else I fly right now.

One more thing besides the lack of FPS is a " mouse lag " like the same problem that i'm having with ifly whenever I move the mouse my FPS drop big time, now i'm testing KLAX- KFSO flight and I'm in mid air and I get 20-35% FPS drop when I move the mouse across the screen. I hope there is a fix for over all performance and mouse lag as this is killing the the whole sim experience. Evan Banalian.