Sign in to follow this  
pouzo

My best 737ngx landing KJFK (Video)

Hey sorry if I confused people , I did ILS landing not Autoland , I came in ILS and before touch down disengaged autopilot
It's better practice if you disengage the AP at 200 above the runway elevation;)Btw ILS doesn't necessarily mean flying with AP. You can also fly it using the FD.

I believe minimum altitude for autopilot on an ILS approach is 50 ft below DA/DH but not below 50ft AGL. Also Puzant, press the autopilot disconnect button twice to silence the disconnect alarm. Thanks for the video, I like the multi-monitor setup!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hey sorry if I confused people , I did ILS landing not Autoland , I came in ILS and before touch down disengaged autopilot
That is considered to be not manual flying. only thing you had left to do was flaring. I thought you US guys did visuals all the time when conditions are VMC.This way you can't even screw up a landing. And i was hoping for a Parkway Visual 13L, not ILS semi autoland approach.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

That is considered to be not manual flying. only thing you had left to do was flaring. I thought you US guys did visuals all the time when conditions are VMC.This way you can't even screw up a landing.
Don't assume one simmer's unrealistic approach has any bearing on the way us US guys do things. LOL.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Doesn't using 3 monitors make you lag?
I have triple head to go as well with 3 27 inch monitors and I am 18-30 FPS constant and no lag! Looks awesome .. .

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

The whole time I was thinking "That plane to the left is cutting this really close." I was waiting for somebody to get a go around from ATC, but then I remembered that FSX default/AI have massively unrealistic landing distances!

Daniel Miller

According to my father-in-law who has been flying military and commercial jets for over 20 years, autolands are usually only performed when conditions require them or when necessary for meeting certification requirements. He claimed that some pilots like to fly manually all the way down from 10,000'. An ILS approach can be flown manually too.

Nice setup you have there and nice pc. But no offence mate, if you say "My best PMDG 737NGX landing", and it turns out to be an autoland, then that's not good...I seriously don't understand why people are always doing autolands. Isn't the experience of flying much better when doing the landing manually?Now perform such a soft landing manually, with proper flaring, just like the autopilot does. Would be nice to see! Arjen Vandervelde
I don't know about elsewhere, but in Australia the autopilot must be turned off for landings once descending below 1,000ft unless doing a full CATIII ILS landing in bad weather.

Well I am trying the system so Yeah, We have an autopilot for a reason :)