Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

738Captain

VOR FPS drop

I noticed when I tune a near by VOR frequency,I get a drop in FPS by as much as 5-6 FPS. I find thats very strange.

Fareed

737NG%20Banner%20AVSIM.jpg

How close is the VOR frequency you're tuning?

Usually,the departure airport but I did another test with an enroute VOR which was about 20 n.m away and the same effect.

Fareed

737NG%20Banner%20AVSIM.jpg

No one else experienced or noticed this?
I just tried it at alicante airport (eiresim). After tuning to Alicante VOR (ATE) 114,45 my fps dropped with almost 10 fps!

If you adjust the freq by mouse, it must be the mouse pointer that makes you loose frames.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

If you adjust the freq by mouse, it must be the mouse pointer that makes you loose frames.
No. Even after minutes the fps are 10 down. After resetting the vor the fps goes straight back to normal. Jeroen

No one else experienced or noticed this?
Yesterday i did a flight from zurich to vienna. Had around 15 fps on ground which is quite good for my system. After setting the navigation radios to two vor's nearby my fps dropped to around 7. When selecting a different frequentie the fps where back at 15 again. Jan-Paul

Jan-Paul Eikelenboom

Real flying experience

• RPL License
  • 50 Hours

Flight-simulator system: Proccesor: Intel Q9450 @ 2.6ghz | Ram: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX | GPU: XFX GTX260 Black Edition | Windows XP 32bit

The problem is not related with the radio tuning, its related with showing the VOR radial on the ND. If you disable that the FPS will stay stable even with the VOR bearing pointer displayed on ND.

Paulo Cesar

Showing the VOR radial is really a FPS killer on my system, too. I just disabled it in the FMS setup and everything is fine now.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,945.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now