Sign in to follow this  
WestJetter

Westjet

Believe me I am not one for V/A bashing or anything of the like And it really is a pity to see Virtual Westjet in such a state.I'm a born and raised Calgary resident, having a home based V/A would in all honestly complete my online experiences within the simulator

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

This is great news! I signed up a couple weeks ago and have logged 4 flights so far. Look forward to seeing where this goes. CheersRick VWJ2402

From Calgary here! (Downtown) I was flying WestJet from CYYC to CYVR with the NGX earlier today before I got a fatal error g3d.dll error :-/ Never thought there would be so many Calgarians here. We should get together. B-)

From Calgary here! (Downtown) I was flying WestJet from CYYC to CYVR with the NGX earlier today before I got a fatal error g3d.dll error :-/ Never thought there would be so many Calgarians here. We should get together. B-)
Seems there are quite a few Calgarians here eh? If my business would survive there, I'd be back there in a heartbeat! I am also quite fond of Saskatchewan. (Saskatoon) is home to 99% of my family.

Well if the Cowtown crew wants to get together fire me a PM. I'm out of town for a month or two but I'm sure we could rig something up.

Lets do it!!! Lets get together at a tims or something!!!!! I wish i had local people to talk to more about flight sim

Derek Lane

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Well if the Cowtown crew wants to get together fire me a PM. I'm out of town for a month or two but I'm sure we could rig something up.
Guys if your a Calgary resident WestJet or PMDG lover lol. If you want to get together say over coffee, share stories, talk about the NGX or anything even do group flights or paired flights. PM me your email address and maybe Ill get some date and time ideas from everyone and we can make a plan

Derek Lane

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Im a proud Calgarian!! They fly over my house all the time. Also flown many times on westjet and love it!! Sounds good VARIG i would be glad to share canadian stuff as well. Just a thought i had:I did join Virtual Westjet but it is rarely updated. The route map is outdated and most of the info is old. If any of you guys have any computer knowledge I would love to create our own Westjet VA or just a community where we could converse on all things Westjet. Then we could find other Westjetters out there who need a place to call home.. Let me know what you guys think. Cheers, Westjetter
Hey guys, I was the one who originally obtained the agreement with Westjet. I must say they are extremely strict with the use of their logo and name. I learned it the hard way when i received a registered letter from Westjet's lawyers; thankfully, through numerous tel conversations, I was able to get them not to get me to court and have me sign an agreement. The agreement listed a slew of things that we needed to follow; which we (the time I was CEO) followed to the T! After my departure, I know Darcy became extremely busy with personal life and I haven't heard from him in a long time. Since only myself and Darcy hold the agreement, I suggest that someone gets in touch with him to offer to help him getting everything updated. If he has other aspirations, I can jump back in my old seat and run the VA like it was a few years ago. Anyways, if you guys want to start another Westjet VA I just want to warn you of possible problems you might face with Westjet. If you guys want to go that route, send me an email and i can explain the process. Taken from the Virtual Westjet forumDear members,Today we are announcing the retirement of Martin Provost as President and CEO of Virtual WestJet. In the last couple of months I have been acting as the Executive Vice President of Virtual WestJet and I will be succeeding Martin's position. I excitedly accepted the position of President and CEO of Virtual WestJet when Martin expressed his retirement to me not too long ago. (Only after I beat Cam Jones for the position with a game of Rock, Paper, Scisors.)I want to personally thank Martin for all that he has done in the last couple of years for Virtual WestJet. He has accomplished a lot at our virtual airline and one of the highlights was the successful negotiation of a license agreement between WestJet Airlines Ltd. and Virtual WestJet. Martin has taken our virtual airline from a small organization and transformed it into a thriving community. To which I give my utmost thanks. From the first day, Martin has given me the freedom to develop a unique vision for Virtual WestJet which deserves more thanks. Cheers, Martin Provostmprovostis@msn.com

I generally try to be a VA of one. Go to Flightaware.com, pick your fav Westjet route, get the flightplan, number, time, flight level, etc. Start your NGX and off you go. No politics, no lawyers letters, just a nice Westjet flight. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/349140-global-gateways-virtual-airlines-uses-complete-pmdg-fleet/page__hl__global+gateways__fromsearch__1 This our new development. It has all the Canadian destinations for you Canadian and Calgarian flight simmers. PS Would love to maybe start a flight sim club in YYC maybe save up for a home flight sim we can all share!! All the best Brad Cherrington

Hey all,I was thinking if anyone is interested in flying WestJet we could start to do some fly ins and such. Just improve the activity on VATSIM and the WestJet brand alike. I have given up on the Virtual Airline since it is obvious that its going no where. Just such a great brand deserves much more then it's getting in our community. Please PM me and we can set some stuff up. All the Best,Brad Cherrington