Sign in to follow this  
WestJetter

Westjet

Is there any update on the status of VWJ? Or has the hype faded off. Just crossing the IAF into CYLW from CYYC WJA455
We are in development. Look forward to announcements in the near future.

Back in December 1997 I traveled to Canada Flying Canada 3000 across the Pacific from Sydney to Vancouver via Nandi and Honolulu in a 757. It was cool croosing the Pacific in a Narrowbody.From Vancouver i flew to Regina Via Calgary In a Westjet 737-200 I love the cigar shaped engines on the 200s. That was back in the days when you could still go up the front in flight.Im sure back then Westjet only had 5 or 6 737-200s all ex All Nippon Birds??

Jason Richards

Not from Canada, but I like the Westjet livery. With some good addon scenery/airports I might get into touring Canada.

Dave P. Woycek

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE New Horizon For Virtual WestJet! Calgary, AB (August 22, 2011) – The management team at Virtual WestJet is proud to announce that the VA will be receiving a new life along with a few staff changes. Brad Cherrington will be the new active CVO and the leader of the new team at VWJ. Rick Butler, long time VWJ member and avid flight simmer will be taking the role as assistant to the CVO. Darcy Broda will still remain active in the VA but has decided to step back in order to allow more time for his career. The management team is grateful to Darcy’s hospitality throughout this transition. He is still one of the greatest guys in the flight sim community. Virtual WestJet will run off of VAFS (virtual airline financial systems) for now until a system can be developed internally. More information on VAFS and Virtual WestJet’s transition will be made available in the next few days. This is a very exiting time for Virtual WestJet; we hope you are all as exited as us about this new chapter in the great life of Virtual WestJet!! Prepare For Takeoff!! Please submit your application at: http://vwjasignup.freewebsitehosting.com/wjasignup.html Current Virtual WestJet pilots please submit an application so we can add your hours to the VAFS system.

NAX669.png

I would personally like to thank everyone for signing up so far and flying!!The reason we did all the work we have done so far is so all you guys could have fun with it!!We are getting a lot of positive feedback! Keep it up! and keep spreading the word.It has been awesome bringing you all something to get exited about and let me remind you that this is only the beginning. We are working to bring you even more enjoyment in the future. You just worry about flying and enjoying yourself and wewill continue with our revitalization.I would also like to thank Darcy for all his help and support. Could of not done it without him and as you all know we would notbe here without him. Please dont hesitate to throw him a thank you!! He is a great guy and deserves it!! All the Best WestJetters!!Brad Cherrington President & CVOVirtual WestJetbcherri@virtualwestjet.org

We are currently seeking a software designer/builder who is familiar with ACARS and Airline Operations. If you meet this criteria please feel free to PM me or email me. Sincerely,Brad CherringtonPresident & CVObcherri@virtualwestjet.org

So as everyone is aware Virtual Westjet has now been dumped. Not trying to grab all your attention away from it but www.airhaul.net does offer WestJet as one of our airlines! Just a heads up for people looking for an alternative... Derek

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Umm what do you mean Virtual Westjet has been "dumped"...it looks mighty alive to me with a new group enthusiasts working at it... If you're trying to start some VA competition/slag game here it isn't the place...

Umm what do you mean Virtual Westjet has been "dumped"...it looks mighty alive to me with a new group enthusiasts working at it... If you're trying to start some VA competition/slag game here it isn't the place...
Patrick, just to clarify the Virtual WestJet situation. Virtual WestJet still exists but those of us who were part of the new development team have parted ways with the existing management. We'll just call it philosophical differences and leave it at that. We plan on resurfacing with a new venture of our own in the near future.

NAX669.png

Dear Patrick,This is an email I recieved at 10:00AM MST today regarding Virtual WestJet.Instead of jumping down my throat. Digest what the email below says. And I assure you and everyone else in this topic. I'm not trying to "Promote" airhaul.net nor am I playing your so called "Game"Im purely offering an alternative untill such "New Venture" Happends. Email: Hey Pilots, It pains me to inform you that the current development team at Virtual WestJet has decided to step down from our role. We really believed that we could get it done but in the end the butting of heads caused too much stress and in the end caused us to really just walk away from it. We will commence a shutdown of VAFS later today and will begin planning further ventures. It has been amazing to see you all come and begin flying and it was great that you all enjoyed yourself. It is not over for us on the development team. We are in the process of starting our own Virtual Airline that will have many WestJet destinations incorporated, along with a few other gateways for virtual flight around the flight sim world. We would be more than happy to welcome all of you to join us in this new venture. The current status of Virtual WestJet is unknown to us at the moment as we have entirely moved on. But we hope that if WestJet is your passion as much as it is ours that you will continue to represent one of the greatest airlines in the world. Always feel free to contact me with any questions you have about the departure from VWJ or our new venture that awaits us on the horizon. Once again we thank all of you for being such great supporters and look forward to working with you in the future. Yours Sincerely, Brad Cherrington -Derek

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

Okay gang just making sure...You know I just don't like to see good outfits like these get the run around from forum posts/whatever. It's really a pity. I was just gonna join up some time today...Thanks for briefing the gang though.