Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

-> To those who have FPS issues.

Guest Turboblower

I have almost similar set up as Word Not Allowed, and I also see no difference loading 747 first.

I have a diffenrece of 4-6 frames when loading the JS-41 before.As my System is not actual (E8500 dualcore , nvidia-9800 with 512MB). But this effect is not mesurable when directly loading the NGX.I have to look around (with Track-IR) until all Textures from the surrounding scenery and the cockpit are loaded. When FSX finally runs a while, I can compare both situations (with preloading JS-41 and without...). For this test I have used the same FSX.CFG and the same situation/weather-condition. What I did not: I have not testetd or compared yet, if this increasement of frames is stable along a whole flight of 1-2 hours.

This post and all its solutions is more entertaining than watching Fox News.
Probably more factually accurate too.

In no way are we implying that PMDG has bad programmers. In fact, we all think you guys are brilliant, this aircraft is beyond amazing. But I'm going to have to disagree with you Ryan. When I load the 747X before the 737NGX I do see a noticeably nicer frame rate. I understand that the two share no code, so it may be something within FSX, I'm not sure. And as my aside: early on, someone on the team had mentioned that the frame rates were comparable to the MD-11. This was the deciding factor for me, but after flying around I quickly noticed that this was not the case, not in the least. And when I fly around on VATSIM, I have people PM me and ask if I am experiencing good frame rates..I say no, and every single person I've spoken to has the same issue. You guys have worked tirelessly on this aircraft, and it shows. But not everyone can afford a supercomputer, especially in this economy, to run it somewhat smoothly, and the MD-11 comparison has left a bad taste in my mouth. Though I admit I should have waited for some user feedback before purchasing it. I apologize for using the term "memory-leak" incorrectly, but I think code optimization should be one of the key points in moving forward. That's my opinion, and you can disagree with me all you want...that's fine; I'll just hold off buying the expansion packs. And one more thing: When a large percentage of your customers are expressing frustration about an aspect of your product, it is rather insulting to act as if we are making it up...that reflects more negatively on a company than "bad programming." smile.png
+1 Everything above is how I feel about this product (the good, the bad, and the ugly comments LOL.gif ). But especially the parts in bold. Brilliantly said. Cheers.

Hit it as hard as you can with a huge hammer, until it gives you at least 100 FPS with max autogen, bloom enabled and heavy weather, at EGLL !

Hit it as hard as you can with a huge hammer, until it gives you at least 100 FPS with max autogen, bloom enabled and heavy weather, at EGLL !
I hope 5.25" DD disks will be included in the boxed version. I wonder what it will cost to ship 313 disks. Trevor

Because I get frame rates in the very low teens I decided to see if I could increase them by changing settings and using this loading the 747 first. I set a static test at Flytampa Kai Tak RWY31 17:20 local (Kai Tak) time, 'Fair weather'. I use the anti-lag frame rate limiter. In the 737 VC FPS was around 9-10 FPS. I changed every setting in the FSX scenery section one at a time, each of the traffic sliders (except airline & GA traffic, don't use those), and cloud draw distance. None of the changes made any difference to FPS, but I noticed that nvidiainspector was showing my GTX460 1GB card was only loaded to 40% Changed FSX to 'use bufferpools=0' and graphics card loading went up to 60%+ but no noticeable change to FPS. Selecting the PMDG 747 in Free Flight and then loading the test flight initially showed a significant increase in FPS to around 15 FPS. However if left to settle down for about 60 seconds the average rate dropped back to 10-11. If I disabled the anti-lag limiter there did seem to be a slight increase to around 15 FPS but the rate varied from a low of 8 to briefly 15. So I can find no magic fix, at least for my rig. E8400 @3.6GHz 4GB PC2-6400 GTX460 1GB Screen res 1280x1024