Sign in to follow this  
compressor_stall

Windows Defender and FSX

If you know your computer, you don't need A/V. If you don't know it that well, make regular backups. If you are paranoid, sure, MSE will suffice. Have to tell it to omit FSX and its folders. It's easy.

I have ASX Free Edition v10.0.1392 with virus DB 1520/3832. I have changed two settings but neither appears to have improved my FPS - still around 8 fpm. The changes made are:- Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) Exceptions - added fsx.exe- Resident Shield to exclude D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\ Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

There is NO need to exclude the FSX-folder!!!! Just open MSE go to Settings and "unhook" sceduled searches! Do the cleaning at your own choice when you like manually JJJthe Swede in Spain

On the computer that i used exclusive for FSX over the span of 18 months I never got a virus. I only went to aviation or government sites to get terminal charts etc. On the other computer, I locked it up very tight because of email and online shopping etc... For JJJackson can you expain about MSE, Settings and unhooking scheduled services? Thanks

So you guys really recommend deinstalling Avira Antivirus and just letting MS security essentials do the job??
MS Security Essentials... is an anti-virus. Strictly speaking you should only have one AV installed at a time. Martin Wilby

There is NO need to exclude the FSX-folder!!!! Just open MSE go to Settings and "unhook" sceduled searches! Do the cleaning at your own choice when you like manually JJJthe Swede in Spain
We're suggesting excluding fsx.exe from *active* scan.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

About MSE: 1.Open MSE2.Go to Settings (to the far right)3.Top choice in the LEFT menu.4.Unhook the first (top) box and the rest will grey out.5.IN the future MSE will NOT do any sceduled searches, You have to manually start them, in Home, choose alternative to the far right and Start.

We're suggesting excluding fsx.exe from *active* scan.
Yes but doing so will use resources anyway so "closing down" sceduled searches would, in my opinion, be better. If I have missunderstood you the "active" scan is there only to scan files that are downloading from the net (???) and that should NOT affect files in the FSX directory. I assumed that you didn't want to have files in the FSX director scanned while flying.

About MSE: 1.Open MSE2.Go to Settings (to the far right)3.Top choice in the LEFT menu.4.Unhook the first (top) box and the rest will grey out.5.IN the future MSE will NOT do any sceduled searches, You have to manually start them, in Home, choose alternative to the far right and Start. Yes but doing so will use resources anyway so "closing down" sceduled searches would, in my opinion, be better. If I have missunderstood you the "active" scan is there only to scan files that are downloading from the net (???) and that should NOT affect files in the FSX directory. I assumed that you didn't want to have files in the FSX director scanned while flying.
No. it's scanning running .exes.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hello,after 3 flight I have reached my destination without CTD. I have reinstalled the PMDG 737 NGX but without the Hotfix. So, seems that the hotfix, doesn't resolve completely the panel freeze problem.Moreover, I have seen that the Frame Rate into Virtual Cockpit, increase amount 7-10 points if I move the mouse on the FSX Window bar (I play FSX into window mode). Is there anybody with the same situation? Try it and reply here to compare. Have you any ideas on this problem? P.S: I have the iFly 737 also and it has the same problem. Remember that in the iFly forum many users had this problem. Regards,Christian.

Hello,after 3 flight I have reached my destination without CTD. I have reinstalled the PMDG 737 NGX but without the Hotfix. So, seems that the hotfix, doesn't resolve completely the panel freeze problem.Moreover, I have seen that the Frame Rate into Virtual Cockpit, increase amount 7-10 points if I move the mouse on the FSX Window bar (I play FSX into window mode). Is there anybody with the same situation? Try it and reply here to compare. Have you any ideas on this problem? P.S: I have the iFly 737 also and it has the same problem. Remember that in the iFly forum many users had this problem. Regards,Christian.
I'm not sure how this relates to the sounds thread, but this has been covered in other threads.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

No. it's scanning running .exes.
Thats what I'm talking about. Disble the auto scans and you will have not problems!!!

Moreover, I have seen that the Frame Rate into Virtual Cockpit, increase amount 7-10 points if I move the mouse on the FSX Window bar (I play FSX into window mode).
This unavoidable trait of FSX has been well known for about 5 years, but thanks for your outstanding detective work Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

I have McAfee SecurityCenter. Does anyone else have this, and if you do can you tell me how to exclude FSX from being scanned by this AV program? I can't figure it out!