Sign in to follow this  
compressor_stall

Windows Defender and FSX

This is in the intro manual guys...
Ryan, your manual wasn't the first, now will it be the last place these tweaks and tips are mentioned. Not everyone on this forum is an NGX owner, therefore not everyone on here can read the manual. Not to mention the intro manual covers tweaks from these very Avsim forums, so I find it natural for them to resurface here and carry the knowledge to those less... knowledgeable.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

i have microsoft essensial....how i eclude the fsx folder?
Settings > Excluded Processes > fsx.exe Settings > Excluded Files and Locations > Main FSX Folder (I manually scan from time to time, but rarely as I use strictly payware scenery and aircraft (Only the NGX is installed with addon scenery for me)

Settings > Excluded Processes > fsx.exe Settings > Excluded Files and Locations > Main FSX Folder (I manually scan from time to time, but rarely as I use strictly payware scenery and aircraft (Only the NGX is installed with addon scenery for me)
Where is the settings menu located? Can I exclude FSX from being scanned by McAfee? Mitch Bowman

NOD32 is the one I would recommend, has a very small footprint. See the post @ simforums NickN's win 7 tuning guide.
NOD32 was the program to have... before Security Essentials launched.
Where is the settings menu located? Can I exclude FSX from being scanned by McAfee? Mitch Bowman
Notice: I mentioned earlier that I was using Security Essentials. Please peruse the entire thread, as you've missed most of the high points! I'm not familiar with how to do it in McAfee, but perhaps you could consult your McAfee manual?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

NOD32 was the program to have... before Security Essentials launched. Notice: I mentioned earlier that I was using Security Essentials. Please peruse the entire thread, as you've missed most of the high points! I'm not familiar with how to do it in McAfee, but perhaps you could consult your McAfee manual?
I did read the thread. Is security essentials scanning in addition to McAfee? or is it an either or? Mitch bowman

I did read the thread. Is security essentials scanning in addition to McAfee? or is it an either or? Mitch bowman
Oh I'm sorry. No, it's Microsoft's own antivirus software. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security_essentials/default.aspx

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks for all the suggestions I will definitely try these. And its a sad truth that NOT ALL NGX pilots read the long manuals... I prefer video tutorials as well...

Hello; I found out one thing loading the PMDG 747 first,when you load the 737,the cockpit view shows up correctly,when loading the 737,the 2D view is messed up,and it takes about 10 seconds for it to return to normal view. Mark

This is what I do : Because I'm a friendless rejected by society person, I have tow computers, my laptop for the internet use, and a desktop for gaming use ( Flight Simulator and ARMA ) The only sites I visit are trusted sites, If I need to download anything I do that on the notebook. Eliminating my need for Anti virus, it's unorthodox, but I don't mind :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

And its a sad truth that NOT ALL NGX pilots read the long manuals... I prefer video tutorials as well...
I don't sit down to read several thousand pages of PDF files, but I kind of progressively run through the procedures in a little more detail every time. I'm to the point right now where I'm doing everything pretty much exactly by the book until wheels-up, and sort of make it up from there just keeping the cautions from yelling at me. I'm working backwards now, trying to run through approach and landing by the book. But really you don't really need to read much to at least get from point A to point B without becoming breaking news.
This is what I do : Because I'm a friendless rejected by society person, I have tow computers, my laptop for the internet use, and a desktop for gaming use ( Flight Simulator and ARMA ) The only sites I visit are trusted sites, If I need to download anything I do that on the notebook. Eliminating my need for Anti virus, it's unorthodox, but I don't mind tongue.png
living the dream!

I don't have any antiviruses installed, only MS Essentials installation here IF I download anything. Installation takes about 1-2minutes, which is OK. I don't download that often, and if I do usually from trusted sites. And most no exe's, but rather liverys, repaints etc.If I get hacked, which I think it very unlikely, then it's gonna happen with or without internet security.Identity theft? Not likely, I know my task manager running programs. And Firefox is quite secure.

Little bit off track but on-topic. I find (not sure if this has been mentioned before) that although you have full screen, if you are flying VC (tested), the "WideViewAspect=True" would before better if it was set to False. I personally find it gives me 3-4FPS faster.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Little bit off track but on-topic. I find (not sure if this has been mentioned before) that although you have full screen, if you are flying VC (tested), the "WideViewAspect=True" would before better if it was set to False. I personally find it gives me 3-4FPS faster.
Yes, because True gives wider view of the scenery, thus basically using more resources. It's the same as you would sit in the cockpit and use 60% zoom.The problem is though with False, in VC, when you drop the HGS, you are unable to set it right.

I have had a dedicated FSX computer before. Just had to go to WIN 7 64 bit. I did a dual boot to have a dedicated FSX computer. I ran it with not even an anti virus and never had any problems.

So you guys really recommend deinstalling Avira Antivirus and just letting MS security essentials do the job??